View Full Version : Can anyone answer this? PLEASE (do I have to put him on my lease?)

shorty1973
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
:confused: Hi everyone, my boyfriend is going up for parole in about 10 months. When he is granted parole and comes to live with me, does he have to be on my lease? I am not on section 8, or any another housing assistance. Does anyone out there have the answer? Please help...

Jillian
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
That will depend on whom you are leasing from, as some may require everyone in the house to be on the lease.

patriotslover76
11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I agree with E_wife depends on what your landlords requirements are. Most require that you at least list him as a household member.

shorty1973
12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree with E_wife depends on what your landlords requirements are. Most require that you at least list him as a household member.

thanks, but I mean, does the parole board require that he is on a lease before he is paroled?

parole_help_123
12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
"does the parole board require that he is on a lease before he is paroled?"

The Parole Board will not request for or specifically require it at a hearing.

Parole Board POLICY, however, has things to say about it: (not verbatim)

If he is a husband (legal definition), father, brother, son he usually won't need to be on the lease. If he's a boyfriend, friend or any other relationship other than the ones noted above, and the plan looks "questionable," a lease requirement might be sought by the investigating PO.