View Full Version : Need some info on Lousiana Parish Jails

sadmomma1270
11-14-2009, 02:22 PM
My son is in county jail for breaking in cars. He has 12 or 13 felony not agg. But they are in different counties,so one counties have a hold on him. He dont have no other felonies on record. He has been there for 3 months and we called they dont tell us nothing. DA doesnt even have paper work yet 3 months. Some guys told him they have 90 days to go court and would have be drop. We are so scared no money for atty. so he has to have a state atty and cant get a hold of him either. We live in Texas and he was on probation for assualt a family member a girlfried of course. So can some help me im so sick he keeps telling to help but dont know how. Please help PTO.

determined823
11-14-2009, 02:33 PM
I am sorry your family is having to go through this. It must be frustrating not knowing what to do to help your son. In Louisiana a county is called a parish. Which parish is he incarcerated in? Have you talked to his Probation Officer in Texas? Have they violated him yet? I'm sure when he goes to court, they will assign him a public defender, but I don't know how much good that will do. That is a lot of felonies plus he was already on probation for a violent offense. If you let me know which parish I might be able to give you the name of someone you can contact.

sadmomma1270
11-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I am sorry your family is having to go through this. It must be frustrating not knowing what to do to help your son. In Louisiana a county is called a parish. Which parish is he incarcerated in? Have you talked to his Probation Officer in Texas? Have they violated him yet? I'm sure when he goes to court, they will assign him a public defender, but I don't know how much good that will do. That is a lot of felonies plus he was already on probation for a violent offense. If you let me know which parish I might be able to give you the name of someone you can contact.
Yes they have a warrent in Texas already but no hold yet. I,m sorry its Calcasieu parish and the hold on him is Allen parish hope im doing this right . He has heard so many bad things about Allen parish so scared to death. He made trusty sat. at Calcasieu about month then drug tested and failed from doing drugs in world so we have had a bad time with this. But they still havent told him nothing yet. Thank you...