View Full Version : Supervise Release

01-29-2004, 06:53 PM
If A Person Has Supervised Release For 4 Yrs. What Are The Chances That They Could Get A Transfer To A Whole Different State? (if They Give Transfers). Also Is Supervised Release Like Home Confinment Where You Have To Ask Permission For Everything?

gigi v
01-30-2004, 12:01 AM
They Can Get Permission To Move By Their Parole Officer. No They Donot Have To Get Permission For Everythng. His Parole Officer Will Tell Him Most Everything. Also Parole Is Easier Than Probation.

01-30-2004, 07:37 AM
When my Sweetie gets home, he has 3 years supervised release...the general conditions are in his sentencing papers (16 conditions). I know he doesn't have to ask permission for everything...however, we are planning a trip out of state to see my 80 year old Grandma--I'm sure he'll have to get permission to go. Also, I heard (but don't quote me) that after 1 year of supervised release that they can ask for a transfer to another state...

01-31-2004, 11:21 PM
There is no federal Parole (for crimes after Nov. 1, 1987), Supervised Releasees are transferred to other disatricts all the time. It is a routine request that is normally approved. While ic custody, a case can be transferred "for release purposes" - so someone can be realeased om Supervised Release in a district other than the one of conviction. Again, happens all the time.

02-01-2004, 11:11 PM
I concur with Lisa. In my experience, the Bureau likes to wait till someone gets fairly short until they do the transfer for release purposes. In certain cases this is fine, in others, it causes difficulties in gaining access to certain programs.

02-02-2004, 10:09 AM
So you have to ask for the transfer while sill in prison?

02-02-2004, 11:39 AM
You don't have to ask for the transfer while still in prison. As I understand it, you can ask any time once the term of SR has started. It is up to the P.O. to approve it. I would imagine that it involves being able to prove that you have work, a stable place to live, etc. in the new area. If you can show that you can continue to fulfill your conditions, I think they generally let you go. Hope this helps.

02-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Is that we had plans to move to another state b4 this happened and i want to go as soon as he comes out well not that fast maybe after a year but everone keeps on telling me that they have to wait till their time is up. So he should have a job waiting for him when we leave and maybe things will be easier cause we have a house already.

02-03-2004, 12:11 AM
You may request that your case be transferred while in prison, or on supervised release. Once you have firm plans, that is the time to put in the request.