View Full Version : Female CO's Working In Prisons

ojos azules
10-31-2009, 06:41 AM
My man is in a dorm setting. We were talking about a bunkie near him who got rode out b/c he would constantly masturbate whenever female CO's were on duty. They all had a nickname for this guy b/c of it. He told me I'd be surprised how many men in prison masturbate to the mere presence of female CO's. Like one just walking by their cell making rounds, or merely on duty, etc. He said it got so bad at one facility he was at that the warden (I guess it was) stepped in & told the offenders that if they didn't knock it off, they'd start issuing some kind of citation that would cause the men to have to register as sex offenders after release. :eek: My baby said that the guys in question stopped real quick after that, LOL!

He said that normally they'll just issue tickets to men who do it & they won't catch any real world cases over it, so a lot of the ones who will do it are men whose plans are to max out on their sentences instead of trying to go for parole b/c they know it's not going to matter much in the end anyway as far as the amount of time that they do.

I just thought this was an interesting slice of prison life to learn about & wonder if anyone else's loved one has ever mentioned this to them.

I probably shouldn't say b/c I know some will disagree & get their panties all in a twist, but I also think it's yet another reason why to me it seems to be common sense not to have women CO's in men's facilities or men CO's in women's facilities.

Onedaycloser13
10-31-2009, 06:57 AM
I am sure it happens because it is very prevalent in the jails...so much so they have stopped letting female attorneys in the "back" due to the inmates behaviors where I live. Mine never has said anything about the prison aspect of it, but I am sure there are inmates that carry it over from the jails.

BlueEyedEllie
10-31-2009, 07:11 AM
hmmm....yeah,i'm sure it happens alot. marc has never mentioned it to me,though. it can happy anywhere,though.I work in a nursing home and you'd be shocked how raunchy some of these 80 or 90 yr. old men are!!! about a month ago a man slid out of his chair because he was jacking off so hard. it may not be a great idea for the members of the opposite sex to work in prison but,esp. with todays economy i don't think it would be right to say "no females can work here or there."

TyronesWife
10-31-2009, 07:32 AM
So a woman should be denied her civil rights because because someone else has self-control issues?

ojos azules
10-31-2009, 08:04 AM
So a woman should be denied her civil rights because because someone else has self-control issues?

So what constitutes a person's civil rights? How many obese people do you see working as airline attendants? Does it violate their civil rights to not have a chance at those jobs merely b/c of their weight? Should an Irish person sue an authentic Mexican or Chinese restaurant for not hiring them? Should men claim it's a civil rights violation for them to never be hired as pole dancers in strip clubs? LOL.

Mitch67
10-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I answered YES women should be allowed to work anywhere they choose and that includes a male prison.

I am not 'getting my panties in a twist' but for me a number of women fought too long and too hard to get even a fraction of what is so easily referred to as equality. If we start saying they can't work here or there we would just be going back to the dark ages before women threw themselves in front of horses and the like to get a fair deal.

The problem isn't with women working in these facilities it is with the men who can't keep their d**k in their pants. My guy has a view on this and that is that it is disrespectful to masturbate with women around. He knows if and when the coast is clear and if he did do it with a female CO around he would expect to get written up for it.

None of us gets the opportunity to just do it at will and just 'cause a guy is in prison doesn't mean to say they should be allowed to do what they want when they want. They wouldn't do it in the office with their co-workers at their desks without expecting some kind of fall out.

Probably get some twisted panties now but for sure this is just an opinion! ;)

Critter07
10-31-2009, 08:38 AM
This is an interesting thread and it pertains to something going on within my family right now. I'm sorry but it will be kind of long. (Yeah, yeah...we all know how long-winded I can be! LOL)

My daughter, who in my opinion is a beautiful young lady (and of course I am not biased in the least! LOL) is working on a criminal justice degree and has a very strong interest in becoming a prison CO. She wants to help those that wish to be helped and be a part of the solution, rather than the problem.

The problem? My baby about came out of his skin when I shared this information with him, however, he realizes he can't tell her what to do. She has to make her own decisions. So to help her, he wrote her a letter outlining the pros and cons of a female officer working in an all male prison.

I have read this letter, ya'll. And while I knew quite a bit about some of the disgusting and dangerous behavior that takes place in there 'cause we often talk about it, this was an eye-opener for me, too. A part of me would love to post this letter because he really laid it on the line, both the positives and the negatives. He felt he needed to be completely realistic and straight with her because if she was going to go into this line of work, she needed to have her eyes completely open.
It was more than just the sexually related difficulties that female CO's face in male prisons but that was a decent chunk of it.

I say all of this because, while I agree that women should have the opportunity to work wherever they like, they need to be prepared and aware of what they could potentially face in that position, be it a CO or anywhere. Sadly, deviate human nature can be regulated but not completely controlled. Things will happen that shouldn't. Kindnesses WILL be taken for weaknesses. Sexual urges WILL cause abhorrant behavior in those that allow it to.

I guess I'll end with this thought. We all know that not everyone behind the walls was a choir boy. There are people in prison with absolutely no regard for human life. No regard for anyone other than themselves and satisfying their own "needs." A sizable number of them will never see the outside of the prison walls and some of those people have not spent their time trying to better themselves and learning to live by the rules. They do not care who they hurt or how they hurt someone, so long as the end justifies whatever their means are.

That being said...do I want my daughter to work as a CO in a prison? Absolutely not! I feel her presence will be a "distraction" or a potential catalyst to undesirable behavior for those who are predisposed to that type of behavior. However, she's her mother's daughter...(smile). She will do what she feels is right for her life and if this is her career choice, I support her wholeheartedly. If she's able to be a part of helping just a few work through their issues and not return to prison, she and I both feel she will have done what she set out to accomplish. But going in, she will know what to expect.

Happy Halloween, all!

trick
10-31-2009, 08:52 AM
....from JO in prison to women's work rights. I have no clue in that regard.

Back to the original post! I think the warden was "blowing smoke" in his threat to prisoners.:angry: That need in men is biological. But in exercising that need also means there is a time and place for everything....like in this instance, in the middle of the night when the lights are out and most everyone, including the CO on duty, are fast asleep. :D And is there anyone who thinks that same need isn't also exercised by female :idea: inmates?

ojos azules
10-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Just for purposes of adult discussion of differences in opinion, not trying to provoke or get anybody all upset......

How many women CO's do you think they put at the FRONT of a cell extraction team? On TV, I usually (if not always) see them at the back or rolling the video camera where there's not much chance for them to face really having to physically control an inmate.....

Why do you think men & women are SEPARATED in college & professional sports? Can't remember the last co-ed basketball team in the NBA, a university or the Olympics. There's a reason for this. Men & women have differences in physical anatomy.

There's lots of reasons in the world why men & women are separated from doing things that don't necessarily have to do with discrimination. If anyone doesn't want to acknowledge that & make accommodations in the world for it, I personally can't make them. All I can do is have my own opinion & vote (and I'm grateful to Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton & others that I can!).

I'm all for women doing any and all jobs they can on an EQUAL basis (under the right circumstances) with men. But until I feel it is appropriate (as in this case I do not for a variety of reasons) & a woman can hold her own at ANY time as the "point person" on a prison extraction team (such as by meeting strict physical strength requirements prior to being hired) I think I will maintain my belief that they should be barred from working any inmate contact positions in a prison.

Mayone
10-31-2009, 09:07 AM
I think this whole subject is something where there is more than one answer to this question and that each employment and situation should be taken on it's own merits. I don't think women should be not allowed at all to work in a male prison environment, that somehow seems unfair and possibly a bit bizarre even. If you are a women living in a town where the largest source of employment is prison employment should those women be denied the chance of employment especially in todays climate where many women have to bring up children alone. I am not critasizing those who have voted to the answer 'no women in the male prison place' because I myself really had to think long and hard on this question. It's a tricky one for sure and in a sense I can also understand why some would have taken that point of view. To think their men are not allowed to be in proper contact with their own wives and girlfriends yet other women are allowed around these same men, hmmm tricky one. Lets face it prison in itself and the cutting off and putting away of a person in prison is a weird situation that has come into existence. I am not opening the whole prison debate here because I do understand at times and with certain individuals this is necessary. However in real life men and women work alongside each other and bring a different dynamic to a work place, so why should these places be different. I do however think caution and consideration to which type of woman is working in which sections needs to be considered with very careful consideration. Taking consideration to both sides the male inmates and the woman employee alike. So the bottom line for me is yes I do think women should be allowed to work in prisons, but I'd want to be darn sure all aspects have been considered on employment of any person working in a prison, and that goes for more than just the female employee issue.

ojos azules
10-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Back to the original post! I think the warden was "blowing smoke" in his threat to prisoners.:angry: That need in men is biological. But in exercising that need also means there is a time and place for everything....like in this instance, in the middle of the night when the lights are out and most everyone, including the CO on duty, are fast asleep. :D And is there anyone who thinks that same need isn't also exercised by female :idea: inmates?

JO, panties, women's work rights- what's it all leading to? LOL!

But seriously, I would have to ask him again who did the warning & what exactly they threatened the offenders with to be positive, I want to say something like indecent exposure but I just can't remember. It seemed plausible, though. He could have been totally blowing smoke, or maybe only to be used in extreme cases, cuz you know if they issued real world cases for that kind of thing they'd be clogging up the court system all across the country! Anyway, apparently the threat had it's intended effect, LOL.:p

prodicaldaugter
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't know but maybe I am living in a world of make believe (mentally) ... but for me it is a little weird for us to tell our daughters that they can grow up and be anything or do any job she wish; if in our hearts there are conditions such as except in an all male prison etc. I am a little curious ... what if that same daughter wanted to become a police officer, state trooper, or even go into the a branch of the military? (with the way things are she would more than likely be shipped into a danger zone with all her male counterparts).

I don't know but please forgive me for taking this a little personal (I didn't really get my panties twisted or anything), but for me it's like so many before me worked hard to try and break that wall down so we can have equality as women ... and yes with me being a woman of color this struggle went a little deeper ... I do believe as women we to have to maybe take a little more precautions, and yes deal with a lot more (because of others beliefs of women being the weaker sex), but I believe women can do any job they have a desire to. I have 4 sons, and personally I wouldn't ideally want any of my son's to go into any of the before mentioned fields for the same reasons I wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) but I would support my child's decision for his/her life. But this is all just my crazy :twocents:

And I agree with Critter07 and her loved one on how they handled the situation with the daughter, because most of us don't want our children going into dangerous career fields (male or female) ... and making sure she is well informed and truly knowledgeable about the job itself is the best thing along with the support so big up's to the two of you.

Fancy
10-31-2009, 10:23 AM
MS BLUE EYES, the starter of the thread.....

I happen to agree with you. That is all I really got to say. Women should not be working in areas of the prison where there is close inmate interaction.

And men should not be working in parts of a female prison where sexual things can get out of hand either.

This is just the opinion of a 40 year old southern woman with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice.

TyronesWife
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
So what constitutes a person's civil rights? Does it violate their civil rights to not have a chance at those jobs merely b/c of their weight? Should an Irish person sue an authentic Mexican or Chinese restaurant for not hiring them? Should men claim it's a civil rights violation for them to never be hired as pole dancers in strip clubs? LOL.

civil rights 
–plural noun (often initial capital lettershttp://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png) 1.rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and certain Congressional acts, esp. as applied to an individual or a minority group.2.the rights to full legal, social, and economic equality

If I'm not mistaken the topic was should women work in male institutions because inmates cannot keep their hands off their junk. You can try to deflect by bringing in other situations and other careers but they have nothing to do with the topic at hand and don't see how they answer my question. In your scenerios where are the civil rights violations due to others lack of self-control?...LOL

BlueEyedEllie
10-31-2009, 11:14 AM

"blowing smoke" or not,i bet that would curb this problem in a heartbeat and would just go to show that men most certainly can control themselves.....I absolutely understand men need release but i feel just as strongly that they can find plenty of times to do it other than when a female c/o is walking by....

LiveLoveLearn
10-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I had to really think about this. Of course we all want equality!! And at the same moment I do not want any woman to be around my husband when I can't be. But I recognize that as my own issues. So I couldn't really answer in a straight yes or no manner. If you can pass tests to show you are physically and mentally able to do your job then gender should not matter. But I do not believe that females working in a male prison or males working in a female prison should be assisting with body/strip searches or be allowed in the shower areas while they are in use. There should be very clear guidelines in place to protect both the inmates and officers.

LiveLoveLearn
10-31-2009, 11:32 AM
I forgot to say that masturbating on front of female CO's is NOT a sexual act!!!! It is used to manipulate, demean and dominate the CO. It is like rape in the context that is about power and control, not sexuality. And it's done to the male CO's in different forms, such as throwing feces, spitting, etc.... Things of this nature are very much a part of the "hazards" of this type of work. Which is why I believe that there should be a mental and emotional "aptitude" test given to ALL people applying for a CO job.

CoNpal
10-31-2009, 08:43 PM
my man has mentioned this and he thinks its disgusting. the female CO's where he is are gross!

rockys lil girl
10-31-2009, 09:39 PM
i personally think that it depends on the circumstances if the female CO can handle her job profesionally then yes but if she cant then there is no reason why she should be there. For instance if the warden came to handle the situation what does it tell you it was not under control and the female CO could not do anything about the situation. Therefor I am not against female CO working in prison not at all i dont see that as a threat to me all im saying maybe they are softer when it comes to dealing with the inmate.. i could be wrong though..... We are already equal i think that us women have made that pretty clear. Maybe for the safety of the CO i dont think its a good idea JMO

ojos azules
11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
civil rights 
–plural noun (often initial capital lettershttp://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png) 1.rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and certain Congressional acts, esp. as applied to an individual or a minority group.2.the rights to full legal, social, and economic equality

I took a little bit to reply to this post b/c I wanted to look up the mentioned amendments at the Library of Congress website so I wouldn't be talkin' out my behind here b/c of laziness.:D

Amendment 13- declared that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude...shall exist within the United States."

Amendment 14- granted citizenship to “all persons born or naturalized in the United States,”. It also forbade states from denying any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law" or to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of its laws.”

The "certain congressional acts" weren't explicitly defined in the civil rights definition presented.

If I'm not mistaken the topic was should women work in male institutions because inmates cannot keep their hands off their junk.That could be argued, certainly, however my last paragraph stated: "I also think it's yet another reason why to me it seems to be common sense not to have women CO's in men's facilities or men CO's in women's facilities."

Basically, this problem of masturbation in front of CO's isn't the only reason I think men & women shouldn't work in opposite sex facilities unless in positions with no inmate contact, so I don't think it's clear cut that the subject matter is merely "the topic was should women work in male institutions because inmates cannot keep their hands off their junk.", (and you can also check out the wording of the poll). I think the topic can encompass a lot of aspects of both the situation example I gave as well as work & employment conditions. But whatever, I will just let that go b/c to me it is admittedly ambiguous.

You can try to deflect by bringing in other situations and other careers but they have nothing to do with the topic at hand

I heartily disagree! Two times! :D Go back to the definition of civil rights that you gave. I believe many? (I think) would agree that "rights to full legal, social, and economic equality" is the main part that could apply to this thread discussion. I say that b/c we're not talking about slavery here, nor denying people equal protection of law. Sooooo.....under the same criteria of "full legal, social, and economic equality" would an obese person be denied any of those things just the same as the CO applicant for not being hired as an airline attendant/CO? (or the people in the other examples I gave?) I don't see a difference AT ALL under your reasoning (that female CO applicant's civil rights would be specially violated), which is why I gave those examples. No deflection about it!

and don't see how they answer my question. In your scenerios where are the civil rights violations due to others lack of self-control?...LOLI don't think female CO's rights WOULD BE being denied due to other's lack of self-control. I think there are other, more IMPORTANT reasons why women shouldn't be CO's in men's facilities, such as not being able to hold their own strength-wise with their male CO counterparts in dangerous inmate situations. (I also brought that up earlier as well). I do think (as I also said in my last paragraph) that to me it seems to be common sense that they not be allowed to do it [for that reason]. I don't know that 'common sense' stands up to most legal challenges these days, LOL. But I DO think the co-worker safety issue might, and NOT in favor of the so-called violation of the female CO applicants civil rights. :rolleyes:

ojos azules
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I also think it's quite interesting to note the current poll results:

Yes, women should be able to work ANY jobs (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5025320#) in a prison-- 12-- 37.50%

No, women should NOT be able to work ANY jobs in a prison-- 3-- 9.38%

Yes, but ONLY if they work jobs where they have NO inmate contact-- 17-- 53.13%

Seems like a lot of people AGREE with me on this issue, but just aren't coming forward to say so.:rolleyes:

ojos azules
11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
"blowing smoke" or not,i bet that would curb this problem in a heartbeat and would just go to show that men most certainly can control themselves.....I absolutely understand men need release but i feel just as strongly that they can find plenty of times to do it other than when a female c/o is walking by....

Oh, I think men CAN control themselves, & the fact that the men in the example stopped right away after being issued the threat bears that out.

But the reason I thought to reply to this is b/c I wonder how many female inmates
masturbate to the mere presence of male CO's? I bet that number is very small. And if I'm right, why do you think that is?

LiveLoveLearn
11-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I responded earlier to the thread but I didn't vote because there wasn't an option I agreed with. If a woman can pass the same physical requirements that a man can then she should be allowed to work with contact but I do not believe she should be allowed to strip search or work in the area of the showers during use. And this applies for male CO's in a woman's facility. Also, last time I went to visit my hubby the female CO's working were in much better shape than the males. The one guy looked like he could double as a Santa Clause stand in.:rolleyes:

John2126
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Well...I personally feel women should be able to do any job of which they are capable.

As far as the Warden's threat -- these days, you can become a "Registered Sex Offender" in some jurisdictions just by taking a leak off the side of the road by the "Next Facilities 200 miles" sign.

And I agree with those who say there is a time and place for everything. Self-control does need to be enforced -- lack thereof is what probably got a lot of those folks in prison anyhow.

Lastly:

.I work in a nursing home and you'd be shocked how raunchy some of these 80 or 90 yr. old men are!!! about a month ago a man slid out of his chair because he was jacking off so hard.

When -- if ever -- I stop laughing, I know I will be forever scarred with the visual of this!

stephLL
11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I start work in a male prison this month (Im female). I had to pass the same physical, aptitude and medical tests as the male applicants so therefore feel I should be able to work in a male prison. I do however think that, wherever possible, strip searches and showers (of male prisoners) should be supervised by male officers.

Daywalker
11-01-2009, 08:07 PM
My husband was an inmate in TX. He told me that the behavior of those guys is just disgusting, the way they treat women in general. And in TX, he told me that they can have three write ups for that - after that, it's a free world case, and if convicted, you will be a sex offender.

As far as working in a prison goes, if the argument is whether or not a female can hold her own in a prison setting, before I became disabled, yes, I could have. And I had more than one invitation to work in a prison setting.

I think women should work wherever they want to, if they are emotionally capable of handling the job. On the other hand, if you're a female CO who doesn't write up these disrespectful little boys, then you're just as bad as they are. Women who give respect, get it. If you're going to get down and roll in the dirt with the pigs, then don't be surprised when you're called out like one.

sarahh7778
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Seems like a lot of people AGREE with me on this issue, but just aren't coming forward to say so.:rolleyes:

Where are you getting your info that alot of people agree with you and aren't coming forward to say so?

Well I don't know about you but I am not getting any either and i don't stand at my window looking for a man to get off at. We all know a person can masturbate without "doing it" to any member of the opposite sex we can visually see, and that is how most people choose to do it. Therefore, No, I don't think it is correct to say that females should not be allowed to work in male facilities because of that reason. Not ever inmate is out there getting charged for gunning a female officer down. I am sorry if your man is. If all officers were male you know they would still be masturbating just as much as they did before.

Owwlala
11-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Female CO's like the attention and the lude acts they witness just like a male Gyno enjoys the vaginal views he gets daily, as well as the plastic surgeon who enjoy enhancing breast... they are in it for the thrill. This is also true of male CO's in a womans facility.

It takes the right person to fill any and all jobs no matter what field they choose.

Its true that woman's equality and liberation have come along way but is it fair for women to be treated as sexual objects because some men don't know how to act and let the DOG side out of them whenever a woman enters the room.

I get all giddy if a handsom guy flex's his muscles at the gym but I keep it to myself and enjoy from far, I don't whip out a tit... and I agree on the citation for misbehaving.

Just my opinion

ghostgirl7389
11-02-2009, 12:25 AM
This is so hilarious, is this is a serious thread? Are you seriously using a man who either can't or won't control himself as your argument?

To me that's such an enabling behavior, don't blame the man, (Who, by the way, is in prison due to lack of self control) blame the woman! Kind of like juries and society used to do to rape victims.

This is a joke, obviously these men haven't learned a single thing from prison, and could care less about getting out and making life better, learning to live in society honestly, and staying home with their families.

For Gods sake, this isn't a CO issue, this is a can't-act-like-a-normal-person-issue. Basic rule of life #45,569

You may not masturbate wherever and whenever you please. You must wait, even if you really, really want to. Your own desires and wants do not overshadow this fact.

PhilB
11-02-2009, 01:18 AM
This thread is about whether women should work in prisons.

It is NOT the Masturbation thread and posts related to masturbation will be moved to that thread....

ojos azules
11-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Now that a moderator has stepped in to tell me what my topic is about & change my thread title :rolleyes:, I'm afraid to say much of anything else. I don't want to mention the M-word in relation to this thread & it be deemed 'off topic', so I'm going to let the whole thing go, not post anymore in this & just read other's comments (if any) & watch the polls.......

dmf
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Being a woman who worked at a prison, I believe it shouldn't matter where they work because no matter where you put them, they are going to be around inmates. It's a prison! I saw guys jack off, though it wasn't very often, but it certainly wasn't something I cared to see! Same with the showers...no one wants to see a bunch of people naked in a shower. Sometimes guys would try and talk to me while they were in there as I was making rounds and I'd be like "No, I'm not talking to you while you're in the shower. Come find me after." Some guys do things to get a rise out of you or see if they can startle you, some of them could care less about you after you've been there a while. As a new officer you're going to get a lot of crap, but if you earn the inmates respect, it goes a long way to make your job easier. So I don't think it's a matter of whether you're a man or woman. I think it's a mtter of whether or not you can do the actual job and deal with the inmates and those situations on a daily basis.

PhilB
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
The thread title was changed to reflect the topic of the survey questions. If this thread were to become a discussion on masturbation it would have to be merged with that thread. The changes were made to preserve your thread.

dianam1972
11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I would like to add my thoughts to this subject, I agree woman should work where they want,but in this situation I think woman should not be in male prisons....why cause any more problems for either man or woman?? When a man is in prison yes he does have needs and that will cause a problem when these women are in there doing there jobs....I feel there is enough male CO's to handle the male prisons....and really if there was a riot how could these women handle all these men,I personally could not take on a 250pd male.....So what is the point of having them there to distract and get these males in trouble when they do feel the need to masturbate.....I don't see the point.....I am sorry if this upsets anyone but it is just my opinion!!

t'slovingwife
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Now I might not have a popular opinion here, but....there are some COs who encourage advances by the male inmates...have emotional even physical relationships with them.....that has to be taken into account as well.
I know there are some women who go to work and provide for their families. The vast majority follow the rules...but there are a number of female COs, nurses, counselors, etc. who hook up with male inmates for whatever reason. That is not the appropriate setting for finding a man...they are supposed to be professional and when they aren't it makes it more diificult for the others. So I know I will get blasted, but that is my opinion

Anjewel
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, let's see here....females working in male prisons...

There was a point brought up about them being there due to their lack of self control...the inmates, that is. Hell, it is prison, after all. We aren't talking about college or even high school here, folks. Imagine disgusting, sexual, obscene things going on.....in a damn prison, no less?

I think any woman that can hold her own and come to work AND BE WILLING TO DRESS IN A FASHION SO NOT TO NEEDLESSLY AROUSE the villagers, and she can accept the fact that it is prison and not college, then, and only then should she be able to work in a male prison.

By dressing in a fashion so not to arouse....I mean no make up, perfume, unbuttoned shirts or air brushed pants. After all, the woman wanting this job has to hold herself higher than the deviants serving the prison term for not being able to control himself. She must always show intelligence and self respect no matter if the prisoners do or not.

Little do any cops know, the smallest amount of Cologne only lessens their ability to catch someone red handed AT ANYTHING because the prisoner that's deprived of fragrance can smell your ass a mile away.

Make up in Florida is useless since you won't be there to try and impress anyway. And, if you are around prisoners then since it's just going to melt away in the non air conditioned units, anyway. This could potentially become a security risk if your make up gets in your eyes and fogs up your eyesight.

I think an unbuttoned shirt speaks for itself, but if you are there to actually work a job, then how the hell can you do this job with pants so tight you can't get yourself over the wall. That makes me think, if she can pass the obstacle course in the clothes, she can wear them to work.

Now, if they are in such need for a job (as some Po dunk towns claim) and if they are just using the correctional system to jump start their criminal career while in college, and if she's only there to work, these conditions should not be a problem. You wouldn't wear business clothes to pole dance and you wouldn't wear a dress to a construction job, let's be real here.

However, I work for the state and let me tell you, they don't pay me enough to tell me what to wear or how to wear it. So, there you go. What ever. However, I AM NOT A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER. I COULD NOT HOLD MY HEAD UP UNDER THE STIGMA AND MARTY WOULD DIE. I AM TOO OLD AND OUT OF SHAPE, ANYWAY.

I can tell you if your honey has the hots for ANYTHING in a uniform after being treated the way most every prisoner is treated, you got bigger problems than a female CO. Marty will tell you, the uniformed officers might as well all be monsters, it's the Officers Secretary's in the Admin building he has trouble with. A bouncy dress and a smile gets him every time. He's a man, and I'm glad he's not dead. He doesn't take it across that line where she's uncomfortable and squirmy, he's not dead but he is somewhat civilized, even after 23 years in that place.

You still must take into consideration what you are walking into when you apply for any job. Not just anyone can work a pole, not just anyone can teach kids, not just anyone can be an undercover officer, not just anyone can deliver babies or work in a prison.

So, if you can handle the job AS IS, knock yourself out. If not, go somewhere else. And, don't preach to me about what should or shouldn't go on, that's apples and oranges. And, even worse, don't bring a suit against the state because they couldn't control their animals and keep them off of you. Either you can handle yourself and the job, or you can't.

Edit: In case the topic changes again:
My thoughts on men or women that JO in front of anyone not willing, much less a female CO, has more problems than just control issues (self or otherwise) and s/he has more trouble than any prison in America can help them with. That's what I think. The ones that have no upbringing are the ones that really need to be there. Just another example of ignorant arrogance.

TyronesWife
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I took a little bit to reply to this post b/c I wanted to look up the mentioned amendments at the Library of Congress website so I wouldn't be talkin' out my behind here b/c of laziness.:D

Amendment 13- declared that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude...shall exist within the United States."

Amendment 14- granted citizenship to “all persons born or naturalized in the United States,”. It also forbade states from denying any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law" or to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of its laws.”

The "certain congressional acts" weren't explicitly defined in the civil rights definition presented.

That could be argued, certainly, however my last paragraph stated: "I also think it's yet another reason why to me it seems to be common sense not to have women CO's in men's facilities or men CO's in women's facilities."

Basically, this problem of masturbation in front of CO's isn't the only reason I think men & women shouldn't work in opposite sex facilities unless in positions with no inmate contact, so I don't think it's clear cut that the subject matter is merely "the topic was should women work in male institutions because inmates cannot keep their hands off their junk.", (and you can also check out the wording of the poll). I think the topic can encompass a lot of aspects of both the situation example I gave as well as work & employment conditions. But whatever, I will just let that go b/c to me it is admittedly ambiguous.

I heartily disagree! Two times! :D Go back to the definition of civil rights that you gave. I believe many? (I think) would agree that "rights to full legal, social, and economic equality" is the main part that could apply to this thread discussion. I say that b/c we're not talking about slavery here, nor denying people equal protection of law. Sooooo.....under the same criteria of "full legal, social, and economic equality" would an obese person be denied any of those things just the same as the CO applicant for not being hired as an airline attendant/CO? (or the people in the other examples I gave?) I don't see a difference AT ALL under your reasoning (that female CO applicant's civil rights would be specially violated), which is why I gave those examples. No deflection about it!

I don't think female CO's rights WOULD BE being denied due to other's lack of self-control. I think there are other, more IMPORTANT reasons why women shouldn't be CO's in men's facilities, such as not being able to hold their own strength-wise with their male CO counterparts in dangerous inmate situations. (I also brought that up earlier as well). I do think (as I also said in my last paragraph) that to me it seems to be common sense that they not be allowed to do it [for that reason]. I don't know that 'common sense' stands up to most legal challenges these days, LOL. But I DO think the co-worker safety issue might, and NOT in favor of the so-called violation of the female CO applicants civil rights. :rolleyes:

No matter how anyone wants to dress it or how many excuses they want to give, if someone is denied a position simply due to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. it is a violation of their civil rights. :idea:

PhilB
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
This thread was begun with several survey questions as the basis for discussion. None of the survey questions mentioned masturbation. If it did target masturbation as the issue this thread would be merged with the prison masturbation thread. The discussion question posted by survey asks about women working in prison. If you wish to post comments in regards to masturbation then you should post in the pre-existing masturbation thread. We can not have two threads in the same forum on the same subject.
I hope this makes clear my reason for changing the title to reflect the survey subject so I would not have to merge the thread with the masturbation thread.
Posts directly related to masturbation will be moved to the masturbation thread.

CoNpal
11-02-2009, 07:42 PM

THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

the women CO's are not the primary problem. the problem is these men who have NO RESPEcT.

women before us have worked hard to get equal rights, equal pay, equal OPPORTUNITY. that should not be taken away because some jackasses can't keep their wankers in their pants. PUT THEM IN THE HOLE! :blah:

Anjewel
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
women before us have worked hard to get equal rights, equal pay, equal OPPORTUNITY.

...equal pay, equal treatment and equal conditions. You will never make me believe 'gunning' was introduced only after the first female CO.

Again, if she can handle herself and the job, more power to her.

Women burned their bras for equality, now they want to whine because it's not pampered conditions....imagine that!

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire. Throwing them 'in the hole' is the same vengeful attitude that's got the criminal justice system where it is today. Even someone doing this for kicks, just for kicks has problems, folks... the hole will only intensify.

CoNpal
11-02-2009, 09:07 PM
...equal pay, equal treatment and equal conditions. You will never make me believe 'gunning' was introduced only after the first female CO.

Again, if she can handle herself and the job, more power to her.

Women burned their bras for equality, now they want to whine because it's not pampered conditions....imagine that!

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire. Throwing them 'in the hole' is the same vengeful attitude that's got the criminal justice system where it is today. Even someone doing this for kicks, just for kicks has problems, folks... the hole will only intensify.

i agree that the female CO's should understand, be trained for, and expect this type of behavior. i suspect that they do a LOT of ignoring.

that being said, women should NOT be punished over perverts that pull out their private parts out and disrespect everybody around them. it is abnormal, anti-social behavior that nobody should be subjected to including the other inmates! those folks need to be removed. ick!

Daywalker
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Now I might not have a popular opinion here, but....there are some COs who encourage advances by the male inmates...have emotional even physical relationships with them.....that has to be taken into account as well.
I know there are some women who go to work and provide for their families. The vast majority follow the rules...but there are a number of female COs, nurses, counselors, etc. who hook up with male inmates for whatever reason. That is not the appropriate setting for finding a man...they are supposed to be professional and when they aren't it makes it more diificult for the others. So I know I will get blasted, but that is my opinion

No reason for blasting you, but keep in mind that it happens in reverse with males working in a female prison as well. There will always be someone out there who can't follow the rules, and will hook up in the workplace. Really, I don't get that. I was always told by my Dad "you don't S*** where you eat - meaning, keep your professional and private lives seperate. And sex, unless you're a hooker, has NO place in your professional life. Your example could be the same in any corporation. There's always that one secretary who thinks she can screw her way into a relationship with a wealthy man, and she usually will, resulting in his divorce and her loss of interest, due to the wife getting most of everything in the resulting divorce.

rodeointx
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
the only thing i can say is if they are exposing them self in front of a woman who works for the prison then they have really poor upbringing. that is without class on so many levels.

Anjewel
11-03-2009, 03:14 AM
i agree that the female CO's should understand, be trained for, and expect this type of behavior. i suspect that they do a LOT of ignoring.

that being said, women should NOT be punished over perverts that pull out their private parts out and disrespect everybody around them. it is abnormal, anti-social behavior that nobody should be subjected to including the other inmates! those folks need to be removed. ick!

We've come full circle then. This is why WOMEN were sheltered from this type of job to begin with.

No one OUGHT to be subjected to this kind of behavior. However, it does happen. She applied for the job. Either she can handle the job or not.

ghostgirl7389
11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I wanted to comment on a common point that keeps being brought up.
I guess the question would be something like "What woman could defend herself from 250 lb man coming straight at her?" or the equivalent.

The answer would be...What man could? Do you honestly think that one solitary male is going to be responsible for any kind of riot or larger skirmish without back up? Do you just think that every male guard is physically capable of taking on any and every kind of inmate on his own? There's a reason they have procedure and protocol, not to mention radios.

tee.dot.q
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
My god... more of the same old, same old...

Look - here is the reality. As much as you all might not agree with females working in male facilities the fact remains THEY DO. They will continue to work in such a capacity because somewhere, someone has made a decision that it is safe enough for them to do so. All of the back and foth bickering about it is NOT going to change it.

Why debate something that isn't EVER going to change? Seems like a waste of energy to me. Just my .02

Anjewel
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
then you agree that women should be allowed to work in a prison IF they can handle the misbehavior without crying about it?

also, what do you think should be done to men who expose themselves to others in prisons? if not the hole, then what? do you think this harassing behavior should be allowed? I'm NOT talking about the guys that go off to themselves and masturbate. I'm talking about the ones that whip it out in front of anybody and everybody.

Yes, I really, really do agree that if she can handle the job as is, by all means. For real.

I am not a doctor, I don't know what's wrong with them to make them do this in the first place. Come on, you guys at least got to know just normal, every day regular folks don't do this, even for revenge. I might spit out my window going down the road, but I am NOT going to play with myself or even flash my boob at someone, FOR NO AMOUNT OF REASON, out in public. I'm not messed up like that.

I do not know what the solution is and I know that I don't have what it takes to be a CO. You couldn't pay me 1500 a week. I'd need therapy and possibly jail time, myself. Naw. I don't wear those kind of big girl panties.

Anjewel
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
It's not about being pampered, it's about respect. When an inmate pulls his junk on you (with the intent of gunning) it's not because he's so hot for you he just can't help himself it's about degrading and disrespecting you. Male staff members get gunned by male inmates just as much as female staff members. One has to give respect to get respect. Inmates deserve respect as human beings but so too do officers and if an inmate is intentionally doing something to dehumanize you, then they should go to confinement. It's not about vengeance, it's about learning right from wrong.

Now, I have to disagree....if they were so respectful, they wouldn't be there to start with...and, do not....come on Tyroneswife, don't tell me about teaching them anything. The state has done nothing but screw that up even more so than any mother ever thought about. And, I know several mothers who wear the royal crown. It's gotta get better than that. It is very much about vengence....and, you may not be guilty ol girl, but you know good and well I speak the truth.

His*Lil Mamma*
11-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I voted yes. its a womans choice where she does or does not want to work. I would not be able to work in a place like that, but thats not our place to tell a woman where she can work. Thats sexist. If a woman does not want to work in a prominantly male environment, where the guys have had no female contact for quite some time, that is completely her decision! JMO :)

HisBabyMomma
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm all for women doing any and all jobs they can on an EQUAL basis (under the right circumstances) with men. But until I feel it is appropriate (as in this case I do not for a variety of reasons) & a woman can hold her own at ANY time as the "point person" on a prison extraction team (such as by meeting strict physical strength requirements prior to being hired) I think I will maintain my belief that they should be barred from working any inmate contact positions in a prison.
My role here isn't just an inmates wife....I have loved ones and friends on both sides of the fence...I grew up in prison visiting rooms all my life visiting my dad...and thanks to that I could not reach my career goal as a Corrections Officer.
I have many friends that are CO's and most of which are WOMEN...Do you think that women get treated with kid gloves when they go to the acadamy for TRAINING? How about when they are sprayed with heavy duty pepper spray for training purposes? How about the physical training? No. They are put thru the same physical training as the men!!! If anything they have to prove themselves alot harder than the men do to get equal respect! I think every female CO has earned their right and place in any facility that they choose. There is no reason a woman should not be employed in any prison. These men need to learn some respect and quit acting like perverted jackasses! They wouldn't like some nasty man doing it to their mother, sister, or wife!

HisBabyMomma
11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Alot of these posted comments are getting the wrong idea...This isn't a discussion about the female officers "complaining" about their job. They know what they signed up for and what their job entails...It's someone asking if we think Females should be "allowed" to work in men facilities!

PhilB
11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Missing posts which brought up the masturbation subject have been moved to that thread.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301217

Shush
11-18-2009, 06:17 AM
These men need to learn some respect and quit acting like perverted jackasses! They wouldn't like some nasty man doing it to their mother, sister, or wife!

nice said!

I expect each officer doing his/her job in a correct way. I dont care if it is a woman or a man doing the correct job. and I am feeling sad and angry if there is a officer who is not doing a correct job, also no matter if this is a woman or a man.

if the mutual respect would be given, things might be a bit easier for everybody, but unfortunate this is not the case much to often.

there are as many stories from inmates they act nasty towards (female) officers as (female) officers not doing a good job. it always comes down to a single person (or two persons) and it is not possible to put all in one pot.

I wished there would be more respect on both sides, it could prevent so much pain and anger!

calypsomom
11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I voted yes. If a women has gone through the training and testing and passed then she should be allowed to work in a correctional facility.

Being that, IMO, this is not a black and white issue, but one with many gray areas, I, myself, think that in order to reduce problems that perhaps women in men's institutions and men in women's institutions should not be allowed to be in shower areas or similar situations. For protecton on both sides, the officers and the inmates, that, to me, just seems good common sense since that would both protect the inmates from temptation and the like or abuse of power as well as protect officers from undue harm and litigation stemming from accusations both real and imagined. However, I can't pretend to know how the many various facilities operate or how feasible such practices might be. We don't live in an ideal world and if everyone did the things they should we would'nt need prisons or COs.

In any area of life there are going to be those who break the rules, take advantage of privileges or benefits and abuse their positons. Particularly in positons of power. The actions of some will continue to color the perceptions of many. Extrememly unfortunate but nonetheless true.

KeithsWifeyxOx
11-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Lol I just have to say it's funny how threads on PTO never change. I've been drifting on and off here not posting as much, and a semi-new post about female CO's in the facilities is always at the top of the thread list!

I have my own opinion on this, but I've stated it in like three other threads so I feel like I'd sound like a broken record if I told my view. I just think we need to move on to other debates because this one has never really gotten anywhere good. Bottom line is, our opinion on female CO's isn't going to impact the fact that they're allowed to work where they want despite their gender. I see no point in getting worked up over something that we need to tolerate regardless.

I have enough to worry about in my relationship, and a female CO's impact on my fiance or her working in the facility is far from anything I'm concerned about.

HIIZ4EVER
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
i dont think is rite to have womens working in a male facility, due to the fact that they are all men's who are punished! So woemn's shouldnt be no where near around.....ive heard lots of stories of co womens getting down and dirty with inmates

kspag
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
It's not just the CO's to worry about! My man said the dental assistant had a thing for him :)

Lesliezack
01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Of Course they should.....
Those worried about female CO's getting to their man.....You CAN'T make a man do something he doesn't WANT to...:hmm:
Don't blame the females CO's for doing their jobs!
Many men think all woman want them...They need to pinch themselves!!
It is 2010!!!

Miss_Tiff_J
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm just going to give my honest opinion,I picked the 3rd choice.I think females should be allowed to work in male prisons if they want to but why do they have to be in contact with the male inmates?Also i think men should be allowed to work in women's prisons but why do they absolutely have to be in contact?I think it shouldn't be a big deal for them to just work out of contact with the inmates.Men handle men,women handle women.I mean for crying out loud stop and think women don't get frisked unless a female officer is present to handle it,so why should men be subjected to have to have females in the prison walking temptation.Plus I would think there would be a sexual harassment policy,right?So if you put a female co out there you are putting here in an environment where she's going to be sexually harassed nearly everytime and day!A bit antagonistic I think.I have family who work in the prison system and they actually agree with me and yes some of them are females working in the prison system.So just no contact on either sides of the spectrum both sexes can work at the opposite sexes prison just no contact with the inmates is that really such a huge deal?

HardHeadedWoman
02-03-2010, 12:44 AM
A CO whether male or female should be allowed to work at a facility of the opposite sex. Seriously does your job only hire just males or just females? A CO is not going to hook up with anyones man unless that man allows it!!!

his soldier is not going to stand at attention unless he wants it to!
We work with the opposite sex and are surrounded by the opposite sex every single day out here. why should a prison be different.

There are many post on PTO alone of women talking about how they met a guy friend through work and their man isnt happy about it and the girl claims they are just friends.

This is 2010. Women fought for the right to work as a equal. so just because our man is in prison and we cant get to him they shouldnt be in contact with the opposite sex?

Female CO's dont worry me a bit. My Jamie is a hottie but he isnt going to mess with a CO unless he wants it. If he told me he was forced into it I would tell him to sell it somewhere else cuz Im not buying it. Cant force the soldier to stand tall without some sort of excitement

AlisonL916
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
OK, I work in a correctional facility as a mental health counselor, and I feel women should be equally allowed to work in institutions as men are. HOWEVER, being someone who has had co-workers with poor boundaries, I think this needs to be addressed and ALL staff should be watched closely. I work hard to be friendly, empathetic, non-judgmental and understanding, even when I'm surrounded by young men who are being flirty and sometime inappropriate. It's called setting boundaries and then following through with discipline, and going up the ladder. My man is in prison and he has female CO's flirting with him all of the time, and one even said some nasty stuff to him when she found out about me. He has had friends who had "relationships" with CO's and jokes about how these women are married and cheat with the inmates. I think prisons should be careful about who they hire and what their involvement is with inmates...not only is it inapropriate and encourages inappropriate behaviors, but it's a liability to the state.

Tuesday123
03-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I find everything about the prison system and how it is run confusing to me.

Women have fought to have equal rights AND pay in the work place, but why would a woman want to work in a place where they are constantly subjected to sexual harassment? battery, and even possible death?

I can only guess. Some can handle it without feeling victimised, some enjoy it, and those that can't handle it quit.

I guess it is like any other profession. Only the person doing their job really knows why.

Another example. Why put known rival gangs out on the same yard at the same time? If DOC knows so much, and spends so much man power validating these people, stop putting them together.

If riots are so dangerous, and so much money is spent on bringing on new charges for those involved, why send every inmate a zeroxed copy of who was involved and the statements they made?

If DOC really wanted even half of the problems in prison to stop, they would make changes.

Im starting to wonder just how much of a cat and mouse game it is. What do they enjoy more, the entertainment derived from the chaos or the punishments doled out to prisoners?

Fancy
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
It is all basic sociology....think about it...

There has to be a bottom to be a top.

There are organizations in the world designed to keep certain people "down" so they can ride high at the "top."

That is why they (the system) do what they do.....but, do our guys have to feed them by committing crimes in the first place?

That is the real question.

Tuesday123
03-06-2010, 08:22 PM
"but, do our guys have to feed them by committing crimes in the first place?

That is the real question."

I have asked myself this over and over again.

hisbabygirl08
03-16-2010, 10:55 PM
i dont think they should let a female co work in the back where the male inmates are because they can watch then shower which my openion isnt right. sometimes they also even pat them down after visits and thats not right for them to be touching the inmates. some female co's even sleeps with some of the inmates. well not sleep but have sex.talking bout nasty.

TimedOut
03-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Great thread and amazing dialogue... prior to answering with my gut I went in search on actual cases that addressed this very issue:

An actual case on denying women jobs in a male correctional facility in Alabama was heard by the Supreme court in 433 US 321 Dothard v. Rawlinson. It goes on at length addressing the physical size of women, the threat of violence against women and the exposure to sexual preditors as well. However the court found that denying women access is a violation to their civil rights under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (http://finduslaw.com/civil_rights_act_of_1964_cra_title_vii_equal_emplo yment_opportunities_42_us_code_chapter_21), 78 Stat. 253, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq. (1970 ed. and Supp. V), and under 42 U.S.C. § 1983... the case is lengthy however it is interesting to note one written statement by the court:
"The proper response to inevitable attacks on both female and male guards is not to limit the employment opportunities of lawabiding women who wish to contribute to their community, but to take swift and sure punitive action against the inmate offenders. Presumably, one of the goals of the Alabama prison system is the eradication of inmates' antisocial behavior patterns so that prisoners will be able to live one day in free society. Sex offenders can begin this process by learning to relate to women guards in a socially acceptable manner. To deprive women of job opportunities because of the threatened behavior of convicted criminals is to turn our social priorities upside down"

I voted in favor of upholding constitutional rights for women in hiring, however I also believe that the prisons should uphold high standards to professional behavior on the parts of all of their employees and act swiftly should any employee engage in unprofessional or illegal activity (including inappropriate contact with inmates).

MCNLUV
03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
I voted in favor of upholding constitutional rights for women in hiring, however I also believe that the prisons should uphold high standards to professional behavior on the parts of all of their employees and act swiftly should any employee engage in unprofessional or illegal activity (including inappropriate contact with inmates).

Great point. If woman are worried about Female COs messing with the inmates, it is just not CO's, its secretary's and volunteers. But like the post says before mine. They need to uphold high standards.:thumbsup:

crazy2010
06-06-2010, 06:31 AM
First off I feel in the dorms it should be only same sex co's anywhere else I think its fine to have opposite sex co's. I also think they should all be ugly!!LOL I think its a privacy issue. Mine just got ticket for not having a shirt on he's in south florida the temp in the dorm had to be in the high 90's. He wasn't playing with him self he was on the phone with me.(maybe he was LOL)! Anyway I think its wrong to have women co's in the dorms where if it was a male co, there would not have been a problem.

SouthernGyrl
06-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Like another poster said, masturbtion is a smoke screen. This is really about insecure women not wanting their men around other women.

Though some female CO's end up in relationships with inmates, the majority of those women do not want your men. They go there to work.

Besides always remember it is the man who has made the commiment to you. So if something goes wrong deal with him.

KandiB
06-06-2010, 11:46 PM
A woman should be able to work any-where she is qualified. What's up with the women C.O s having sex with your man in prison? There is alot of gay men in prison.Does that mean a male should not work in the prison too?

PhilB
06-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Missing posts which brought up the masturbation subject have been moved to that thread. Please stay on subject - Women working in prison.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=301217 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301217)

ms.ruiz1426
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't think women need to work with inmate if they want to work in prison will news flash their's women prison's they don't need to be around my man. Its not about being jealous but us as women we are protecters that's just in our nature so I guess that's why we get catty on the subject its not about getting our panties in a twist maybe some of us just like to wear thongs......LOL

CoNpal
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Now I know why that masturbation thread keeps popping up all the time. :haha:

You're earnin' your keep in this thread, Phil! :D

ralphiesbaby
06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I think women should be able to work in the prison but not with the inmates. Not because I am jealous but because of safety there's a lot of jobs there they can do without being in direct contact of the inmates. But who am I to decided

Daydreams
11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
My man is in a dorm setting. We were talking about a bunkie near him who got rode out b/c he would constantly masturbate whenever female CO's were on duty. They all had a nickname for this guy b/c of it. He told me I'd be surprised how many men in prison masturbate to the mere presence of female CO's. Like one just walking by their cell making rounds, or merely on duty, etc. He said it got so bad at one facility he was at that the warden (I guess it was) stepped in & told the offenders that if they didn't knock it off, they'd start issuing some kind of citation that would cause the men to have to register as sex offenders after release. :eek: My baby said that the guys in question stopped real quick after that, LOL!

He said that normally they'll just issue tickets to men who do it & they won't catch any real world cases over it, so a lot of the ones who will do it are men whose plans are to max out on their sentences instead of trying to go for parole b/c they know it's not going to matter much in the end anyway as far as the amount of time that they do.

I just thought this was an interesting slice of prison life to learn about & wonder if anyone else's loved one has ever mentioned this to them.

I probably shouldn't say b/c I know some will disagree & get their panties all in a twist, but I also think it's yet another reason why to me it seems to be common sense not to have women CO's in men's facilities or men CO's in women's facilities.

My Husband said the same thing happens where he is too. I don't think they should be allowed to work in population with the male inmates. At one visit there was two female co's that were wanting keys from the guard that was searching the inmates before they come out to visit and they were saying loud enough for the women in the visitation room and the inmates that they didn't have anything to see that their grandsons had more and by the time that the women got to see their mans packages again they would be all dried up. Which in my opinion was very poor use of authority and demeaning to the inmates and their wives. What did they accomplish by making rude comments about the inmates private parts other than make themselves look stupid.

inlovewithj
11-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I think women should be allowed to work anywhere they want. At the prison I worked at, there were several posts that women were almost never posted in due to the frequency of strip searches (like segregation, the kitchen, visitation.) as for the above posters comment on what a couple very unprofessional female cos said, you should hear what the male cos say! They are 1000 times worse than any females. Plus, I want my guy to have female cos working with him because for the most part, they're a lot nicer than the guys. Yes, there are exceptions both ways, of course, but guys seem to forget that the inmates are people more than the females. Plus, there's something that I haven't seen anyone mention, which is that a lot of prisons would have to close down and there would be tons of overcrowding. The prison I worked at had more females than male cos. Every prison in the state of New Mexico is short staffed and almost always operate short staffed. The vast majority of prisons in the United States are short staffed, which creates a security problem. I want my guy to stay safe in there. Well, as safe as possible anyway.
Also, if you're going to make the argument that female cos shouldn't work with male inmates, then what about homosexual male cos? While we're at it, what about homosexual inmates? Do you think they should be segregated too? It's a slippery slope.
As far as male inmates jacking off when females are present, with a few exceptions, which are generally obvious, most of the guys who "get caught" jacking off are repeat offenders and are doing it intentionally. The is clear because every single time a co enters a pod, the inmates in the dayroom call out a warning to the inmates in the cells.
As for the women are smaller than guys argument, do you think women shouldn't be allowed in the military or allowed to be police officers, firefighters, and construction workers? Size can be a factor in these professions as well.

Peaceismine
11-25-2010, 09:00 AM
IMO, the inmate's who repeatedly disrespect the female CO's? Put all them in one section so no female has to be assigned to that area.
I believe that females have the right to work anywhere, as long as the rules are followed and you don't get a big head about it. If you are female and want to work as a CO you should accept what comes along with the territory. If you are a woman who thinks that those men inmates should not whistle and do cat calls to you, think again. It is THEIR house and some of them do that because they look at you as a woman on THEIR turf. I'm not saying that behavior is right but if you are a chick and want to play in their sandbox, be ready for a little cat crap.

mrs.jv
12-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I alos feel woman shuld be able to work in male jails/prisons.... but I also agree they
Shuld only b e entitled to certain jobs.... for safety reassons.... as far as sexual relations with inmates and female CO's go...
Itz the female nurses everyone should be concerned about.... sooooo many pass there number to inmates and receive their cdc to write them its crazy!! I used to work at san quentin in cali... so trust me I kno!!!

aprild1967
12-27-2010, 11:33 PM
My man got wrote up for masturbating. Apparently, even in a semi-private area...(bathroom, in this instance)...he got a write-up for masturbating. I am not sure why they have to be so damned silly with this sh@t!!!!:mad:
I'd rather women did not work closely with the inmates, for their safety. In a women's prison, I believe women should be in charge of women and have no male guards to intimidate the female inmates.

Nluvwitdaddy
01-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Yeah for real lol cause i know people who start up "flings" wit guards for real BUT it wouldnt matter if they were the same sex either cuz there are quite a few gay inmates and im sure you can find gay guards all the same ... but ewwwwwwwwww i cant believe ppl jus masturbate like that no matter whos around lol my man wants me to send him "books" lol so i applied for subscriptions to playboy, hustler, penthouse, etc ....

HisBlueEyedGal
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Because of the equality issues, we can't discriminate. If a female wants to go be a Correctional Officer, I can't stop her. I don't agree with her being allowed to pat down and strip search male inmates, nor do I agree with her being allowed in the showering areas. But I realize that, like it or not, by not allowing females in the showering area we are only encouraging inmates to see her as female, and not as a CO. As soon as anyone is hired on as a CO and puts on that uniform, an inmate should only see the uniform: not the sex, race, age or other physical attributes of the person wearing that uniform. Reality says - yeah right, lady, like an inmate who isn't allowed any form of sexual release is going to be able to be desensitized from viewing CO's as male and female. But we need to expect inmates to respect that uniform no matter who's in it, and if we discriminate we're telling the inmates, "You're right. She's a female first and foremost, and her CO status is only a second thought". If we want inmates to be respectful and control themselves, then we need to keep the messages clear. Respect the CO regardless of gender.

That being said - I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there was a much higher rate of assaults on female CO's than on male CO's. That's not to say that the female CO's aren't capable of protecting themselves if an inmate assaults them. My point is, it is common for females to be viewed as being more vulnerable, physically, than males are. As long as that belief exists, female COs will be more likely to be assaulted than male CO's. If a female wants to expose herself to that kind of problem, then I won't stop her. I don't understand it, but it's not my choice - it's hers.

myfreedom2010
01-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Trust me unless you have been to prison (I have - I did 2-1/2 years at a woman's facility) you have no idea all the stuff that goes on - You have CO's sleeping with inmates, passing contraband, etc - it happens all the time and it even happens with the same sex - the CO's have this "power trip" "chip on their shoulders" - what do you thinks gonna happen when you (prisoner) have to go a take a shower in an OPEN BAY with shower heads lined up on the wall - NO CURTAINS; NO WALLS; NO NOTHING and you think this doesn't cause arousal!!!!:thumbsup::eek:

Sorry but there is so much corruption in there - I was an inmate advisor and the cases that would go before the hearing officers that involved sexual acts was eye opening to say the least!:eek:

While I was in jail an officer got an inmate pregnant!!:eek:

Happens - it's the system...

scd123
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Whatever happened to women wanting equality? The number of male prisons is much higher than female prisons. Therefore, by not allowing women to work in male prisons, we would severely limit their available jobs.

kitkat153284
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Many states have physical strength and fitness requirements and I can assure you the females have to pass them too. There are instances where females have been the point, or front team member of a forced cell team, there have also been entire teams made up of females. And five women will do the same as five men. I can assure you, women in corrections work and train harder than the guys, and it's harder for them on the job also. But they get it done. Some of what's been said on here is incorrect and unfair.

kitkat153284
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not saying that behavior is right[/B] but if you are a chick and want to play in their sandbox, be ready for a little cat crap.

Very well put!!!!!!

Scott
01-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Trust me unless you have been to prison (I have - I did 2-1/2 years at a woman's facility) you have no idea all the stuff that goes on - You have CO's sleeping with inmates, passing contraband, etc - it happens all the time and it even happens with the same sex - the CO's have this "power trip" "chip on their shoulders" - what do you thinks gonna happen when you (prisoner) have to go a take a shower in an OPEN BAY with shower heads lined up on the wall - NO CURTAINS; NO WALLS; NO NOTHING and you think this doesn't cause arousal!!!!:thumbsup::eek:

Sorry but there is so much corruption in there - I was an inmate advisor and the cases that would go before the hearing officers that involved sexual acts was eye opening to say the least!:eek:

While I was in jail an officer got an inmate pregnant!!:eek:

Happens - it's the system...

Sure it happens, but in my 15+ years in prisons I've seen it relatively rarely (compared to the staff and inmate population levels) so statistically it is an anomaly. People are people. What's the surprise? And who really cares, it does take two to tango...and very few staff would risk having forced sex because now DNA testing is so precise...in Oregon it's a Felony for a staff person to have sex with an inmate (a Felony for the staff person...)

Ohusillywabbit
01-17-2011, 04:58 AM
I really don't care if a woman is working in a man's prison or a man in a womans prison ! If they havn't got self control it's on them & it's their own fault if they get a disciplinary for it or citated for it. If you think this just happened in prisons where females employees are presents think again !!! I've encountered this In one job I had where sometimes the men thought it was great fun to get their d*cks out to purposely shock the women, I wasn't gonna stop working there because they had no self control. If I was a CO in a man's prison I'd handle the situation like I handled these men ! Not run off offended but stand there slowly look them up & down, point & laugh !! They felt as big as a speck of dust after that cos what man can handle their manhood being made fun off, it never happened to me again !!

myfreedom2010
01-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Sure it happens, but in my 15+ years in prisons I've seen it relatively rarely (compared to the staff and inmate population levels) so statistically it is an anomaly. People are people. What's the surprise? And who really cares, it does take two to tango...and very few staff would risk having forced sex because now DNA testing is so precise...in Oregon it's a Felony for a staff person to have sex with an inmate (a Felony for the staff person...)

It's a felony in Virginia too but trust it does happen - does it happen often:confused: probably not but in the one time I was incarcerated for the 2-1/2 years I saw it happen at the county jail/regional jail and the DOC prison - you are correct it takes two to tango :) And some tango.....:)

CrazyMailMan
01-17-2011, 11:37 AM
In California, that stuff does happen sometimes, but not very often. My personal opinion, I do not like female CO's working in mens prisons. It does cause tension and I just don't think it is right. Plus, Female CO's should not observe men showering or conduct strip searches and such, but they do. Personally, I do not mind. I am not shy. But I still do not think it is right.

chaerfan
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
lets be real, women are generally shorter-weaker and less athletically gifted than men. So people are right when they say they have to work harder because they lack the "sharp" tools. Equal opportunity should not mean equal representation.

Lol, as a male, am i not discriminated against because men have higher standards in physical testings??? Knee push-ups are npt real push-ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ms3D
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
great/interesting topic!!!!.

mrszrod
01-25-2011, 06:52 AM
wow, leave it to PTO to get it in!

OnlyTheLonely
01-29-2011, 01:17 AM
MS BLUE EYES, the starter of the thread.....

I happen to agree with you. That is all I really got to say. Women should not be working in areas of the prison where there is close inmate interaction.

And men should not be working in parts of a female prison where sexual things can get out of hand either.

I agree. If I was a female in jail/prison and had to use the potty while men guards where walking by all the time and take a looky at me I would be humiliated. Same if I were male with female guards. I wouldnt want to have to deal with that just because I was in prison. If it happened on the street they would get arrested for watching.

I'm just sayin'.

DaMeS_GiRl88
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't understand what is the problem with women working in men prisons. My man gets stripped searched by women co's soooooo what its their job I see a million threads like these and all I can do is smh

montysmom
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Just curious, but are female inmates making it a point to do that when male co's are walking by? I realize probably everyone does this at one time or another but as they say "there is a place and time for everything" and doing it in front of a co is not the time. I voted for women to be employed in an all male prison, just not in contact with inmates. My reason was, that there is enough contention and fights etc. without adding that to the mix. It is my belief that you cannot put a female in with a bunch of males that are away from wives and girlfriends and all female contact and not expect things to happen.

Nodrama
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Does that mean a man should not have a female doctor because she is going to see him naked and can't control herself or he cant control himself? Or what sex is the nurse maybe? I feel you see enough body parts they all look a like. There was a lawsuit that the inmate won because the female guards were doing strip searches on men and they weret suppose to. The Feds had to pay the inmate since they were not following procedure The feds hire females for male prisons it is what it is and it doesn't bother me. Your man could have sex with a male CO then what will the problem be? Some inmates have sex with each other if that is their choice. Some of the men really look like women too.

Many of the male Cos are nasty why harp on the women? I personally have met some really nice Cos male and female and don't have a problem with any them. I went for a visit and the ion machine came up positive. The guards apologized the whole time and gave me suggestions such as not pumping gas before a visit and other things to not set it off.

Let's not condemn them all cos and if the women didn't become Cos there would be an even greater shortage and that means fewer visits for us and our men. No Cos no visits.

Robinellah
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Women should be able to work wherever they are capable of doing their job. If the inmates cannot keep thier hands off their junk in front of the women co's, that is a reflection upon their character. They choose to disrespect that co in that fashion. I have personally seen inmates that will masturbate when certain male co's come thru also, and I guess we can't say that men shouldn't work as co's right? By the way I have only worked in male prisons so that wasn't an incidence of female inmate with male co. It happens.

Geauxin'KraZee
02-12-2011, 10:29 AM
NO, women should not be able to work in a male prison. Simply because of what I saw on Lock up- extended stay ! An inmate punched a female CO and nearly killed her ! That's when I made my decision ! I debated this issue for a long time before I came to this conclusion, because I really didn't know how I felt about it until I saw that episode and that's when it became clear to me that a male prison is no place for females to be working in.

nevaeh2morrow
02-12-2011, 03:16 PM
So what constitutes a person's civil rights? How many obese people do you see working as airline attendants? Does it violate their civil rights to not have a chance at those jobs merely b/c of their weight? Should an Irish person sue an authentic Mexican or Chinese restaurant for not hiring them? Should men claim it's a civil rights violation for them to never be hired as pole dancers in strip clubs? LOL.

The issues you bring up ( an obese person working on as an airline attendant for example) does not constitute the loss of their civil rights. A person must be able to perform their job/position.

Scott
02-12-2011, 04:31 PM
NO, women should not be able to work in a male prison. Simply because of what I saw on Lock up- extended stay ! An inmate punched a female CO and nearly killed her ! That's when I made my decision ! I debated this issue for a long time before I came to this conclusion, because I really didn't know how I felt about it until I saw that episode and that's when it became clear to me that a male prison is no place for females to be working in.

Sorry, don't let TV trauma/drama be your deciding factor.

I know numerous female CO's who could easily kick the crap out of any two inmates simultaneously, while I know some male CO's who would have an immediate heart attack if they had to chase anyone or break up a fight....

Gender has nothing to do with one's ability to perform a job....

Geauxin'KraZee
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
@ Scott - you DO make a valid point ! It just upset me so bad when I saw that, what I failed to realize is that could have well been a man getting punched as well. Bottom line, I believe everyone should be assessed and trained properly before working in such an environment, because it can be very dangerous for anyone in that setting . Thanks Scott !

PlasticInsanity
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm hoping to one day work in a correctional facility as a counselor, or in another position assisting with rehabilatation, so yes - I do believe females should be able to work in a male facility, and vice versa.

I can kind of see your point with that aspect, but personally, I know some women who would be far better suited to be a CO (not that they would, but just saying) than some men would. Society should be moving forward, not backward, in regards to career limitations. Instead of a glass ceiling this sounds like a brick wall.

freejasoninmn
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
From a personal point of view I believe women should be able to work in any part of the prision....HOWEVER, my man has been in prison almost 19 years and in those 19 years has had sex with female CO's...it happens (I was not with him at those times). His best friend just got caught this last summer, she was fired, charges pressed. They can still communicate thru calls and letters but no visits for 1 year. (as much as I like his friend that was WAY to light of a punishment)
What it comes down to is...if a woman wants to work in the system they need to be strong enough to resist the temptation. If they happen to fall in love, QUIT...find a security job at the mall, anything but don't cross that line. I feel that if a CO or any staff member, male or female crosses that line there should be a HEAVY price to pay. Let them see what it is like to be behind those bars for a while.
**To clarify I am not saying CO's or staff shouldn't fall in love with inmates...what I am saying is QUIT YOUR POSITION and then proceed with your love.

MIKAER
03-04-2011, 02:13 PM
IM masturbating in front of CO = sexual harassment
CO watching IM masturbate = sexual harassment

FastCarGirl
03-05-2011, 05:48 PM

I personally don't think there is any good reason to discriminate against someone for a job. There are very, very few good LEGITIMATE business needs that necessitate that a job can not be equally performed by a man or a woman. A wetnurse would be one job men just can't do. A prison correction's officer is a job that can be equally done by a man or a woman.

How do you think you'd feel if you walked into the office to see your co-worker masturbating every time you walked in? Do you think your the one who should be losing their job? I don't think so. You're acting like these guys can't go into the shower or can't go into the bathroom and do their business if they can't hold it together for that long. I mean, seriously. Who wants a guy that's going to get hard for just anything with boobs? Is that all you are to them, a sex object? Get real. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm not one to advocate for discrimination.

hisbabyny
03-09-2011, 09:09 PM
there are so many sides to this debate but my man told me that some of the female co's at the places he's been are such freaks that they would wait for him to get out the shower naked and stand there finding anything they could talk about for as long as they could!!!! smh!! WTF! i dont agree that they should be able to pull shit like that if they feel like it. i know not all prison staff is like that but i mean damn" leave my man alone...
he's too smart to fu** with ya
now i know he is extra confident, sexy and woman have always thrown themselves at him but he said alot of this goes on, more in some places and less in others, and the convicts all know which are the hoes and which are strictly professional.;)

MIKAER
03-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Female prison guard from Kingston charged with raping male inmate (http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18866865&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id= 74969&rfi=6http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB85SBK57F.html) — A Kingston woman working as a guard at the all-male Downstate Correctional Facility has been charged with rape and other criminal offenses for allegedly having sex with a male inmate at the state prison earlier this month. State police charged Marcy Brodhead, 30, with rape, committing a criminal sexual act, official misconduct and promoting prison contraband.

I found the on the net, but am unable to find the full story....It seems to have disapeared from the news.....................

hisbabyny
03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Female prison guard from Kingston charged with raping male inmate (http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18866865&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id= 74969&rfi=6http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB85SBK57F.html) — A Kingston woman working as a guard at the all-male Downstate Correctional Facility has been charged with rape and other criminal offenses for allegedly having sex with a male inmate at the state prison earlier this month. State police charged Marcy Brodhead, 30, with rape, committing a criminal sexual act, official misconduct and promoting prison contraband.

I found the on the net, but am unable to find the full story....It seems to have disapeared from the news.....................

what concerns me about these situations whether it is a in a male or female prison is the UNEQUAL POWER aspect. if a inmate rejects advances from a officer that decided to be vindictive, its a dangerous situation. the co has ALL the power. the co basically has our loved one's life in their hands!!
to me that is even worse than sexual harassment in the workplace with the boss's power over a employee. where can our loved one go for help?

i really believe that certain rights are violated when our loved one is incarcerated and im sure there are alot of decent co's and staff just trying to do their job but i do get concerned about the others that are abusive and power hungry.:angry: what goes on behind the gate, is like another world with a code of rules, that we out here cant comprehend.:confused:

i just hate the prison system and think it is corrupt and just a business, and gives the public a false sense of security regarding crime. :cool: most people are very ignorant about whats really going on in prisons and our government for that matter. jmo

FastCarGirl
03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
what concerns me about these situations whether it is a in a male or female prison is the UNEQUAL POWER aspect. if a inmate rejects advances from a officer that decided to be vindictive, its a dangerous situation. the co has ALL the power. the co basically has our loved one's life in their hands!!
to me that is even worse than sexual harassment in the workplace with the boss's power over a employee. where can our loved one go for help?

i really believe that certain rights are violated when our loved one is incarcerated and im sure there are alot of decent co's and staff just trying to do their job but i do get concerned about the others that are abusive and power hungry.:angry: what goes on behind the gate, is like another world with a code of rules, that we out here cant comprehend.:confused:

i just hate the prison system and think it is corrupt and just a business, and gives the public a false sense of security regarding crime. :cool: most people are very ignorant about whats really going on in prisons and our government for that matter. jmo

Thank you....there's another thread on here I think under Husbands & Boyfriends where they talk about if a female c/o threw herself at your man would you stay with him, looking at it as he cheated on her. It's not cheating, it's rape because of the power differential. There is no way for it to EVER be considered consensual, any more than someone having sex with a 10 year old would ever be considered consensual. There are a lot of very good c/o's that come to work and do their jobs. Then there's the jerks who time and time again get protected by the unions and get to keep on doing what they do until they finally get caught by someone who will stand up to them.

MIKAER
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I am really concerned that after numeriou google suarches I can find ---NOTHING---on Female prison guard from Kingston charged with raping male inmate (http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18866865&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id= 74969&rfi=6http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB85SBK57F.html) How many times are thes kinds of incidents swept under the CJ rug?

MrsOsborne
03-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I dont think they should be able to work in the back with the prisoners, IMO. I know an inmate, other than my fiance, at KSVP where he is that said the nurse was having sex with inmates, I told my fiance "Go to the nurse if you have to, but if I find about any foul play, she wont be able to nurse for sick animals in the US, and ur ass is mine, Im coming to visiting and showig out, I mean it." He laughed and told me, he had no interest in a woman like that, and blah, blah, blah. But it's real & it happens and he & I talk about what inmate is sleeping with whoever works at the prison, and some of them are being blackmailed & bribed.

sigamone
03-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Whistleblower: Yolanda Dickinson, who worked at Rikers Island prison in New York from 1997 to 2004, has penned a novel about the alleged relations

Passion is certainly not on lock down at Rikers Island prison, if one ex guard is to be believed.

Yolanda Dickinson, who worked at the jail in New York from 1997 to 2004, claims 'sex starved' female guards are having raunchy liaisons with the inmates they are paid to watch.

'They would do it on the midnight shift when there were not many people around,' Dickinson, 41, told the New York Post.

'They have electronic cell doors, and it's not a problem for someone to crack open the door,' she added.

There are 3,890 female officers to some 12,000 male prisoners and love can blossom, according to Dickinson who has just written a novel - Taboo - based on the jail's sex scene.

'There are a lot of lonely single women on the job, and you're surrounded by these cute guys. They're working out. They're attractive,' Dickinson said.

'They're criminals, so they have a cunning way of approaching you. They study you all day.'

Dickinson, who claims she never had sex at work, does admit she fell for a prisoner during her time at Rikers.

He was a gang member who had admitted to killing a rapist.

'People looked up to him for that. He said he did the world a favour,' Dickinson said.

Her crush developed further after the man stepped in and beat up another inmate after he groped her.

'It made me look at him differently,' she said.

Another ex - and the father of her 17-year-old son - served 10 years in federal prison on drugs charges.

In 2004 Dickinson was fired from Rikers for 'undue familiarity' after denying to officials she had received a phone call from an inmate.

'Undue familiarity is illegal, and it compromises safety and security,' correction spokesman, Stephen Morello, told the Post.

At least six female guards have been fired for undue familiarity with prisoners since 2007.

Kimberly Hurd, 39, had an inmate's love child; Yolanda Turner-Goodwin, 44, was snapped hugging and kissing a prisoner; and Kadessha Mulgrav, 34, allegedly had a midnight liaison with Lee Woods - in for killing a police officer - in a shower room.

MIKAER
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM

it could be addressed constitutionally under the 14th amendment, unequal protection under the law...

IsItJulyYet?!
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I would think that a woman CO would know about the dangers/possibilities before applying...if she WANTS to work there and take these risks that is her choice. She's an adult.

ladyelise
04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't think it would matter what sex the COs are, there would still be issues. It's no different than a married man being in prison for years and having a "prison wife." Everyone believes that men in prison don't have sex with each other, like they'd be in prison for YEARS and not have sex-really. You'd be surprised. As for the COs, if you are qualified to do a job, who cares if it's men or women COs. Not to mention there are fewer women's prisons, women got bills to pay just like men.

OffenderNoMore
04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Sooooo....I was an inmate at Dawson State Jail. For a time they housed both males and females. Males were on floors 3 thru 6. Women on floors 7 thru 10.

The men there were pretty bad about the masturbation thing. It did not matter whether it was a female co doing count or they happened to get a glimpse of the females on the elevator. For the most part nothing was done about it other than to humiliate the idiot doing it.

People will do things locked up that they would never do normally. Personally, I believe that you can be watched by male or female co. I mean really, what about the CO's that are same sex oriented or even the inmates for that matter.

My point is it will continue no matter who is watching...that's something that goes with the territory.

Lorax
04-08-2011, 02:24 AM
It's taken me a while to decide whether or not to weigh in and I finally decided to toss in my .02.

At my ex's previous institution, a female c/o was known to regularly have relationships with various i/ms. I know this to be true because one i/m in particular would have my ex send me letters to deliver to the c/o and she would them have me return them to the i/m through my letters to my ex. On several occasions, I called her personal residence to warn her if there were rumors of a shake down or whatever so she would know not to bring him lunch etc. After moving through several i/ms like this, as you can imagine, she got caught. All involved, were investigated, etc. Any i/m with involvement or knowledge of the situation was moved to Ohio's supermax. Now, 3 years later, my ex is still fighting to regain visiting privleges and get reclassed. The female c/o was allowed to resign. Not defending any of the i/m's actions but that hardly seems fair.

bl6ckr0s3
06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Being a female CO was 1 of my future goals as a back-up career plan that I had if I planned on living where I'm @ & never move to another st8. Since that plan has changed, I don't think I may pursue it, but who knows. Wen I attended a trade skoo [which was a huge mistake] to b an automotive technician, dis was a real taste on being around a buncha men. Yea I have caught on to a few bad habits being around too much guys, but @ the same time dis is who I am as a person. I learned watever I could outta my current field & am already ready to move on once I move outta st8. Learning new things is always useful even if U can't remain in the same field 4 long. My point in bringing dis up was that I have struggled to b in the position where i'm @ now. I went thru 3 different jobs to get where I'm @ right now & it was really hard being that there r many people out there who take advantage of u. I have to agree yes females have come a long way in fighting 4 equality & of course everybody deserves a chance to work somewhere if they can handle it.

Beachhouse
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
My guy just said that a female CO walked them to the showers. That bothers me but obviously nothing I can do about it. They go in their underwear to the showers. hmmpf. really with all the male co's there, they can't find a guy to walk them for that particular thing. Like going to lunch they don't hang in underwear, use the females there. Geesh. : )

DivaliciousGH
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I dont think they should be able to work in the back with the prisoners, IMO. I know an inmate, other than my fiance, at KSVP where he is that said the nurse was having sex with inmates, I told my fiance "Go to the nurse if you have to, but if I find about any foul play, she wont be able to nurse for sick animals in the US, and ur ass is mine, Im coming to visiting and showig out, I mean it." He laughed and told me, he had no interest in a woman like that, and blah, blah, blah. But it's real & it happens and he & I talk about what inmate is sleeping with whoever works at the prison, and some of them are being blackmailed & bribed.

HAHA That was funny and inhope it doesn't happen but that would be really funny to see you in that visit haha

Mrs.Whitmore
06-13-2011, 01:58 AM
I think they should be allowed to work in male units. There is a difference between disrespect and discretion. Men will do it naturally but weather the do it infront of a female co or in the privacy if their cell under the covers is a different story. I don't think that women shouldn't be allowed. To be honest the unit where my man is, is majority run by female co.

TattsNcurves
06-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I personally think it doesn't matter what sex you are; if you're trained properly, are professional, and work with the other CO's well, fine. I do however have a personal experience of one that I feel is crossing the lines. I am MWI, and he has mention once before a while ago about one female guard in particular that seems too interested in him. I had a visit there on Friday and he pointed her out to me. Halfway through the visit, she walked over and was asking about how his daughter was, and telling me how sweet he is. Then she was laughing and saying how she's got stories for me. So I said' "oh do tell!" she replied with, "no I wanna keep those to myself." When I looked over at my man his whole posture had changed. He was stiff and I could see that his face tensed up. She then proceeded to call him a messy boy because he and his friends sometimes don't pick up after themselves. I truly believed / feel she crossed a line, and was way too personal with him. She was almost flirty, and he obviously hates it. He complained about how nosy she is back then, and how he hates her. She isn't being professional in my opinion, and its frustrating.

gothpixie
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Well I am going to have to throw my opinion in on this hot subject. Basically none of the poll answers fit what I feel, the closest one is number 3. They do not house male inmates with females, there is no co-ed prison system. So I do not agree that male CO's should work in a female facility or females in a male facility. You are asking for problems. That is people keep military separated in training, well Marine Corps and Air Force for the main part, others are more lax. But basically I find it irregular to have a female over a male prisoner or male over a female. As far males masturbating to female co's, that is a disgusting lack of control on the inmates part and should not be condoned. If they cannot control themselves better than that, then truly they should be locked up. It is about respect and self control. If they exhibit neither, punishment should be due. I just believe in order to have a facility run without accusations of either sex, just keep them apart, and if you support females or males in a co-ed working situation, then house inmates together, in the same facility and not have separate facilities, just different levels for various sexes.
A lot of people are getting bent out of shape over civil rights and this and that, everyone is offended about something being offended........my husband is military, and I am sorry ladies, but if a 120lb female wants to do combat in a special unit, she is not allowed, and do you know why? because the life of my husband or a lot of other guys in that unit, would rely on that woman not getting stupid over emotions and getting people killed and it is a fact that women tend to get too emotional, not all but most and if she cannot have her 120 lb rucksack on for a 8hr hike then who carries hers? or if a male soldier is injured and needs to be carried out of harms way, do you think a female will be able to lift a 160-200lb man and run with him and protect him with gunfire? NO. so you see, it is not about a violation of civil rights, it is about them being BEST qualified for the position.
But that is my opinion, as I can see a lot of people share.

Vixen311
06-18-2011, 08:01 AM
i would not want a job working in a prison especialy one with men.to do so is making a target out of your self.not just for unwanted sexual advances. but if a riot jumps off they will take a female c.o. first cause they know she is a better/more valuable hostage than a male c.o.

TyronesWife
06-18-2011, 10:27 AM
i would not want a job working in a prison especialy one with men.to do so is making a target out of your self.not just for unwanted sexual advances. but if a riot jumps off they will take a female c.o. first cause they know she is a better/more valuable hostage than a male c.o.

No, they will take the officers they don't like first (male or female) so they can exact their own kind of justice. Also, no officer is "more valuable" regardless of gender. When you hire on they tell you flat out that DOC does NOT negotiate. If you're taken, you're screwed.

His1
06-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I voted YES, but only if they don't have any inmate contact..

Alot of these female CO's wear tight fitting uniforms around male inmates and don't expect a response from them, so when they get a response.. usually inappropriate, the female CO wants to write them up.. Then you have the female CO that stalks certain male inmates.. Letting them know that there're interested.. Of course being a male, some would take their advances to the next level, then if the cat gets out of the bag, who do you think the "Prison Officials" are gonna believe? Certainly not the male inmate in most cases.. I'm not saying that females shouldn't be allowed to work in whatever field that interest them, and that their qualified for, but they should also take into consideration that if they choose to work around the male inmates, and ALOT of these men there're working around haven't had physical interaction with a woman, the female CO should expect the male inmates will give her physical and verbal attention. In most cases that attention will be inappropriate.

Vixen311
06-18-2011, 12:13 PM
No, they will take the officers they don't like first (male or female) so they can exact their own kind of justice. Also, no officer is "more valuable" regardless of gender. When you hire on they tell you flat out that DOC does NOT negotiate. If you're taken, you're screwed.

yeah, your are very right about the co's they dont like being first......damned i come a long way i suppose from my criminal days LOL!! i totaly forgot about some of the asshole ones i had to deal with. so yes, you hit that one right on the nail head:thumbsup:

huskymum4ever
06-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Well if you walk down a certain street in my old town, here in England, which seems to be made up of 99% immigrints, mainly men, (come here to work on the extensive industrial estates around the city) They're from a certain eastern country, whom have lived their whole lives with women being kept seperated. Brought up with the mindset that young women shouldn't even be outside alone. And if a girl walks down their street after dark they're fair game to sexually harrass and molest against their will.
If you see that behaviour first hand, you might see my point of veiw, in thinking that it's dangerous for men not to be accustomed to being around women and behaving.

I think all men should get used to women being around and being respected. Rather than keeping women away from them to avoidsexual harrasment.

Otherwise, how are they gonna function in the real world, where women won't be kept securely away?

nydiorgirl
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I dont think female CO's should work with male inmates. I am not saying that because they cant handle if a fight breaks out or anything like that cause I do some women who could take on a man and bring him to the floor. I just dont think that it is right because lets say she does start to have feelings for an inamte and he wants nothing to do with her she can pull the he did this card and who is everyone going to believe?? the CO!! I dont think that is right. They say that guy inmates dont know how to act in front of women COs but what about when the CO does not know how to act towards the inmate? or how about they show off to the male COs or that male COs show off in front of them. It is not fair to the inmate who has done nothing wrong to get into trouble.

rdgpunx
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I dont think female CO's should work with male inmates. I am not saying that because they cant handle if a fight breaks out or anything like that cause I do some women who could take on a man and bring him to the floor. I just dont think that it is right because lets say she does start to have feelings for an inamte and he wants nothing to do with her she can pull the he did this card and who is everyone going to believe?? the CO!! I dont think that is right. They say that guy inmates dont know how to act in front of women COs but what about when the CO does not know how to act towards the inmate? or how about they show off to the male COs or that male COs show off in front of them. It is not fair to the inmate who has done nothing wrong to get into trouble.

Making an assumption that woman will lie to get someone in trouble so they shouldn't be allowed to work there is a tad bit much in my opinion. :eek:I have worked in CDCR for over 4 years.... and have never done or known another female to do such a thing. And I work in the nursing area, where the contact is the closest and more personal.

Do they masturbate in front of you.... If you do see it its mostly when dealing with Psych patients or inmates trying to get in trouble... I have found over the years that most inmates are respectful, and have a hard time even looking a female employee in the eye--- much less whipping out his junk. That, and they like what liberties they have....which are few and can quickly be taken away.

People should be screened carefully. It is a hard job and not cut out for everyone... but that goes for any job. Maybe I get less of the crap than some... but I treat inmates like I would any other patient, and I admit...that is not done by everyone. I have never been threatened or felt unsafe. if they do decide to go after someone they usually go for CO's or other inmates--- and ones they dislike) many inmates will openly protect medical staff, male of female. I have seen inmates jerk off a time of two... but it didn't matter who it was they were doing it in front of. This isn't about who is working, this is about a man having some decency and self control... don't try and punish a whole sexual gender for a few poorly controlled people.... either way!

I believe that I am good at my job and love what I do. And find it offensive that anyone would think I shouldn't be able to be there.:angry:

PS---- and no.... I did not meet my man while working!!!! lol:thumbsup:

LadyTorres1
06-28-2011, 04:15 AM
I saw yes but with no contact with the inmates only because at the unit that My Husband is at when I was there for a seminar over the weekend. Some of the wives and I went to go eat and we met a girl who says that she WAS a guard at the unit and went on to tell us her story.Which was more like a horror story for the wives and I.She talked about how the female guards there we having sex with the inmates and how it was so easy. So easy in fact that she claims to have 2 children with an inmate at the unit that our husbands are at. When she asked our husbands names there was no way in the world We were going to tell her that information. But when I went to visit the next day I asked My Husband about it and he said that he has never been involved with a guard but they do try and that its uncomfortable for them because if the guards get upet when their advances are not payed attention to then they find any reason to write up the inmates. And our men cant complain because its their word against the guards.Plus they will look like fools to the inmates that are for things like that.... So either way its a problem that has no solution!

LadyTorres1
06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Making an assumption that woman will lie to get someone in trouble so they shouldn't be allowed to work there is a tad bit much in my opinion. :eek:I have worked in CDCR for over 4 years.... and have never done or known another female to do such a thing. And I work in the nursing area, where the contact is the closest and more personal.

Do they masturbate in front of you.... If you do see it its mostly when dealing with Psych patients or inmates trying to get in trouble... I have found over the years that most inmates are respectful, and have a hard time even looking a female employee in the eye--- much less whipping out his junk. That, and they like what liberties they have....which are few and can quickly be taken away.

People should be screened carefully. It is a hard job and not cut out for everyone... but that goes for any job. Maybe I get less of the crap than some... but I treat inmates like I would any other patient, and I admit...that is not done by everyone. I have never been threatened or felt unsafe. if they do decide to go after someone they usually go for CO's or other inmates--- and ones they dislike) many inmates will openly protect medical staff, male of female. I have seen inmates jerk off a time of two... but it didn't matter who it was they were doing it in front of. This isn't about who is working, this is about a man having some decency and self control... don't try and punish a whole sexual gender for a few poorly controlled people.... either way!

I believe that I am good at my job and love what I do. And find it offensive that anyone would think I shouldn't be able to be there.:angry:

PS---- and no.... I did not meet my man while working!!!! lol:thumbsup:
i agree with you that the situation shouldnt be judged by the actions of a few people but the girl that I met that was laying all her business out to us was a C/O My husband never has anything bad to say about the nursing staff. But the surbey didnt give 2 many options on what our answers should be.But I just think that when it comes to being a c/o as a female or male sometimes those people can take matters into their own hands and make a situation more than it should be.I mean I know our men are in there because they have made mistakes but it still doesnt justify them being treated like animals or peices of meat at that. I know inmates are sexy but they are someone elses inmate and why cant a c/o get a guy out in the free instead of preying on inmates who some of them havent had a woman in years and would jump at the opportunity but will end up paying a high price for it in th end?

InmateLover67
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I start work in a male prison this month (Im female). I had to pass the same physical, aptitude and medical tests as the male applicants so therefore feel I should be able to work in a male prison. I do however think that, wherever possible, strip searches and showers (of male prisoners) should be supervised by male officers.

Congratulations on your new job! As long as boundaries and respect are in place, you will get the same in return. There are some inmates that do not give a rats ass, but a majority of them will respect you and not do immature shit when you are in their presence.

I wish you the very best in your new job...Kudos :)

Peace~

nydiorgirl
07-05-2011, 11:08 PM
i agree with you that the situation shouldnt be judged by the actions of a few people but the girl that I met that was laying all her business out to us was a C/O My husband never has anything bad to say about the nursing staff. But the surbey didnt give 2 many options on what our answers should be.But I just think that when it comes to being a c/o as a female or male sometimes those people can take matters into their own hands and make a situation more than it should be.I mean I know our men are in there because they have made mistakes but it still doesnt justify them being treated like animals or peices of meat at that. I know inmates are sexy but they are someone elses inmate and why cant a c/o get a guy out in the free instead of preying on inmates who some of them havent had a woman in years and would jump at the opportunity but will end up paying a high price for it in th end?

Thank you! Well said!

Sent from my tmobile vibrant using PrisonTalk

BadGrlGoneGood
01-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't believe female CO's should be able to work in a male's prison in any capacity in which the prisoners might ever lay eyes on said female CO. I think it's self explanatory and insane that women are allowed anywhere near prisoners. It's not about HER rights or her performance, it's about HIS punishment, and a lack of self control on BOTH ends. Part of being in prison is separation from normal life and normal sexuality. And men and women have proven time and time again that they simply cannot handle these circumstances - you've got male inmates openly masturbating to female CO's and you've got desperate female CO's who go to work to gain confidence in their appearance, wearing tight uniforms and enjoying all of the attention that they get inside that they wouldn't normally get in the real free world. Human nature is what it is. No way should female CO's be allowed to work in male prisons. They should be working in female prisons if they so badly want a job in the penal system.

Sheryl P.
01-12-2012, 05:43 AM
I think women tend to know how to difuse a tense situation without violence better (as a whole) and so do not mind having them work in a mens prison.
Of course I do want them to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
The same applies to wanting the men to act in an appropriate manner.

passionpersian
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I forgot to say that masturbating on front of female CO's is NOT a sexual act!!!! It is used to manipulate, demean and dominate the CO. It is like rape in the context that is about power and control, not sexuality. And it's done to the male CO's in different forms, such as throwing feces, spitting, etc.... Things of this nature are very much a part of the "hazards" of this type of work. Which is why I believe that there should be a mental and emotional "aptitude" test given to ALL people applying for a CO job.

I agree with you 1,000,000%! Female CO's should be able to handle this behavior just as a male CO handles throwing feces/urine, etc. NOT saying they should "accept" the behavior, but they should expect it.:shrug:

LeBeau
01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
And, like so many threads before it, this has run its course.