View Full Version : Texas Mail Problems? Polunsky Prison Unit - TX

fien
10-31-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi,
I haven't receive mail from my Pen pals in in 23 days,and that's not normal for them.
Is there something going on in Texas?
One is in Polunsky DR and one is at Robertson.
Greeting from Fien

mammastalkin
10-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Polunsky mail has been slow. It seemed like it was getting back to normal but there are delays again. It took a letter from me to him 12 days--used to take 3.

fien
10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Polunsky mail has been slow. It seemed like it was getting back to normal but there are delays again. It took a letter from me to him 12 days--used to take 3.

Is there a reason for the delays?

ShoesHappen
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Is there a reason for the delays?
If you got someone on DR, I think their mail is getting monitored more closely. The mail room is notoriously understaffed so when they run real short it seems to take even longer.
Expect some serious delays throughout the holidays ...

BLoved
10-31-2009, 01:11 PM
If you got someone on DR, I think their mail is getting monitored more closely. The mail room is notoriously understaffed so when they run real short it seems to take even longer.
Expect some serious delays throughout the holidays ...
Yep, that is what I heard too, where before they would just give the mail a quick scan for most guys in there they now spend more time checking all mail for and from everybody.

fien
11-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Yep, that is what I heard too, where before they would just give the mail a quick scan for most guys in there they now spend more time checking all mail for and from everybody.

Well,still no letters,i'm worried!

Shinigami
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I've been writing someone in seg at Polunski for some time now. Force of habit has made me the type to maintain a mail log and thus far it has taken anywhere from 7 to 20 days for letter to exchange. As of late ( the ast several weeks) the person I write to has noted a tremendous increase in the time mail is taking to get to him. He has attributed this to the recent drama thanks to that threatening mail that got out as well as a large staff turnover in the mail room itself. All I can really say is sit tight and try to not worry too much. I know I was seriously upset when letters were taking 20 days and it turned out to be nothing but internal delays.

dianam1972
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
You know you do have to have patience thats for sure!!! LOL I just got done with an issue with my friend which turned into a big mess, but is cleared up now!!He was writing but his letters kept being returned to him it was a problem on my end with my PO Box.....so I try and be patient because it is always something that holds up the snail mail!!!....

fien
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I've been writing someone in seg at Polunski for some time now. Force of habit has made me the type to maintain a mail log and thus far it has taken anywhere from 7 to 20 days for letter to exchange. As of late ( the ast several weeks) the person I write to has noted a tremendous increase in the time mail is taking to get to him. He has attributed this to the recent drama thanks to that threatening mail that got out as well as a large staff turnover in the mail room itself. All I can really say is sit tight and try to not worry too much. I know I was seriously upset when letters were taking 20 days and it turned out to be nothing but internal delays.

Received a letter today:thumbsup:
But he hasn't received the book that i sent him from Powell's at 14 october.
Well that maybe also slow.

RedzReyna
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Yay! Glad you got a letter _ 20 days is just ridiculous but then I guess it depends on where you are it takes 2 days for me to get my letters so Blessed that it doesn't take longer!

_Sarah_
11-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Iīm really, really, really worried!!! My pen pal is in ad seg, donīt know if itīs important....I donīt get mail for weeks - no for months =( I donīt know what to do...Normally itīs me, who doesnīt write for some weeks (because I havenīt much time) but heīs always writing! Now itīs me, who writes and writes.....
:( :( :( :(

Nikki_UK
11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
i have a pp at polunsky unit aswel n i havnt got a letter for 11weeks lol! maybe hes given up on me...oh well!

Nikki_UK
11-05-2009, 01:40 PM
i have the same problem aswel!! i havnt heard from pp on death row for 11weeks:(:(:(

fien
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
i have the same problem aswel!! i havnt heard from pp on death row for 11weeks:(:(:(

Hi Nikki,
How long are you writing with him?
Have you sent many letters or cards and still no return?
Strange!
Maybe no money to buy stamps?

_Sarah_
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, I hope he doesnīt give up on you! :( Please report if you get any sign of life! :)
Hmmm, I think my pp wouldnīt give up on me without saying a word....I hope.....No, no he wouldnīt ;)

Greetings :D

fien
11-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Oh, I hope he doesnīt give up on you! :( Please report if you get any sign of life! :)
Hmmm, I think my pp wouldnīt give up on me without saying a word....I hope.....No, no he wouldnīt ;)

Greetings :D

Also a letter with a beautiful picture from my other PP.
Both are doing fine under the cicumstances.

mammastalkin
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Nikki--maybe you should send another letter. Sometimes they get lost or misdelivered. Or the guys get down and quit writing for awhile. Either way you should send another card or letter just so he knows you are waiting!!

gratton36
11-07-2009, 05:31 PM
For interested parties I received a letter from Polunksy Friday 6 that was written 27 Nov; Nikki maybe a combination of slow tdj mailroom and backlog of our postal strike. Hope you recieve a letter soon.