View Full Version : What is Ad-Seg???

Beautifulliar
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
What the heck is Ad-Seg??? Is that the "Hole"???? I am confuse right now...:confused::confused: And pissed off:angry::angry: Can someone please help me :(

aba
10-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes that would be the hole. But in some facilities there are 2 types of segregation or solitary confinement. One is administrative segregation which may be 'protective custody' or temporary housing for lack of bedspace, or maybe transitional housing from one place to another. Disciplinary segregation is just that. Both are more restrictive environments then general population and inmates in both have less privileges, less comissary then the general population but in some facilities ad-seg is less restrictive then disciplinary seg....in some facilities it's all the same. Hope that helps.

dijonjake
10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
In NJ they either go to EJSP or Trenton. It is strict and rough. My friend has a son who has been in there over a year. Everytime he is just about to get out , he catches a new charge.

bean123
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
adseg is diff than the hole...the hole is for punishment of up to 15 days. adseg is for long term.

like di said...they only have adseg in rahway and trenton. there are various stages of adseg that determine how much freedom you are given and what you can possess and also visitation/phone calls.

adseg is for guys who were in serious fights where someone really got hurt, physical altercations with COs/staff, getting caught with contraband like drugs and cell phones, guys who were caught gambling or bartering, and other more serious in house offenses. loss of goodtime is often thrown into the mix when you go to adseg.

there are a few ladies here who've become adseg pros so hopefully theyll swing by here.

egs
10-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Hole and Ad seg at Northern too....in fact they have a separate building dedicated to ad seg!!! I thought SWSP had hole and ad seg, too. Almost all the prisons have hole cells that serve as holding areas for someone waiting to go to prison court [also called "court line"] or waiting to be transferred to another prison that does have ad seg.

DzBaby
10-16-2009, 08:24 PM
My boyfriend was in adseg which stands for adminstrative segregation. He was Rahway. Adseg is different than the hole. The hole is where you stay until you get to adseg. Its long term punishment. THe amount of time you spend in there depends on what you did to get in there in the first place. It goes by levels on how much "freedom" you can get if thats what you want to call it. And as Bean said sometimes they throw in loss of good time along with the adseg time

Beautifulliar
10-17-2009, 07:29 AM
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! ALL!!!----

I am about to kick some boyfriend butt....I can't not believe it we was doing the last lap and here we go...with these :angry::angry::angry: I tell you they don't want me to see him anytime soon because I will probably catch a charge myself for slapping him...:blah::blah::blah:

:confused::confused: I have a question if you are in Ad-Seg do they still come get you for your ISP court date???? I am so pissed at him:angry:

Once again Thank you all for all your help!!!

foxylk
10-17-2009, 10:09 AM
My friend just got put in Ad-Seg at RJD because he said he was going to "hurt himself" he is under a lot of stress right now :( does anybody know anything about Ad-Seg at RJD, and also how do they determine how much time you get in there

egs
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Fokylk,
Sounds like your loved one is incarcerated in a prison outside of NJ; every state/country is different as to how ad seg is used and what is involved. If your friend was placed there for his own protection typically this is not considered a charge for which he would get punished. If his current location does not have a secure area for those who are at risk of hurthing themselves, then ad seg may be used I guess.

DzBaby
10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I dont know anything about the ISP thing but i know as far as visitations go you can only go see him if you guys are married, because only immediate family can go see him when he first gets there. Atleast thats how it was at Rahway. If you guys arent married then you'll have to wait until he's on level 3 to go see him.

bean123
10-18-2009, 02:55 PM
i dont think he will till go to his ISP hearing. my boyfriend was in the hole in bordentown and they wouldnt let him go to his parole hearing...he had to wait until he got out of the hole to go...and that was just the hole which is less serious than adseg.

lyteeydlwyr
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! ALL!!!----

I am about to kick some boyfriend butt....I can't not believe it we was doing the last lap and here we go...with these :angry::angry::angry: I tell you they don't want me to see him anytime soon because I will probably catch a charge myself for slapping him...:blah::blah::blah:

:confused::confused: I have a question if you are in Ad-Seg do they still come get you for your ISP court date???? I am so pissed at him:angry:

Once again Thank you all for all your help!!!

My husband was in the hole in SWSP and they took him to his ISP hearing and he was released from court onto ISP back in 2006.
He's also seen parole when he was in Ad-Seg and he was the king of Ad-seg when he was in prison.
As long as they are aware he has the court date, they will take him. If he was transferred from one prison to Ad-Seg--they have to notify central transportation that he was moved from one place to another or they'll go to the wrong prison and if that happens, he won't go to his hearing. they're not going to drive all over the state looking for him for an ISP hearing.

bean123
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
My husband was in the hole in SWSP and they took him to his ISP hearing and he was released from court onto ISP back in 2006.
He's also seen parole when he was in Ad-Seg and he was the king of Ad-seg when he was in prison.
As long as they are aware he has the court date, they will take him. If he was transferred from one prison to Ad-Seg--they have to notify central transportation that he was moved from one place to another or they'll go to the wrong prison and if that happens, he won't go to his hearing. they're not going to drive all over the state looking for him for an ISP hearing.

thats so not fair, lol. james was in the hole in bordentown in march 2007 and they wouldnt bring him outta the hole for his parole hearing. he had to get rescheduled and wait til may until he saw parole.

lyteeydlwyr
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
thats so not fair, lol. james was in the hole in bordentown in march 2007 and they wouldnt bring him outta the hole for his parole hearing. he had to get rescheduled and wait til may until he saw parole.

I didn't think they were going to bring him to the ISP hearing, but when I called, they told me they had a court order to produce him and they had to produce him--hole or no hole.
When I saw him at the hearing, I gave him the 100 year prison yard stare and he knew he was in for it. He had an issue with authority and always found himself in the hole and then Ad-seg. To go to the hole a few days before an ISP hearing? Dumb move slick!

Beautifulliar
10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Once again Thank you all for all your information and help... :):)

I am so furious right now at him:angry::angry: Because I swear if these damages his chances at ISP I will Kill him.... I am so ready to be done with this part of our lifes and for him to do something so STUPID 4 weeks before kills me...:angry::angry: I want to just strangle him....!!!

I advised his Attorney who told me he will make sure they know where he is at, during that time but we have to wait until he gets there first and that wont happen for another 15 days and they freaking charged him with 270 days in Ad-Seg...God I hope ISP happens because if it don't I will really KILL Him and yall will be hearing about a crazy woman hurting a man at ISP court.. that will be me slapping him....:blah::blah:

bean123
10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
I didn't think they were going to bring him to the ISP hearing, but when I called, they told me they had a court order to produce him and they had to produce him--hole or no hole.
When I saw him at the hearing, I gave him the 100 year prison yard stare and he knew he was in for it. He had an issue with authority and always found himself in the hole and then Ad-seg. To go to the hole a few days before an ISP hearing? Dumb move slick!

i know!! he went to the hole two days before his parole hearing. i could ahve killed him. we didnt know his parole hearing would be when it was but we knew it would be sometimes in march because he got referred to the panel in february and they said "in a month." when he got in trouble i could have killed him. they still let him out at the rescheduled hearing so all worked out well...until he got to the HWH and violated. gosh. this boY!!!

MrsPhil
10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Would you kindly leave MrLisa alone already??? Maybe he and MrPhil feel more secure there. Amd by the way, MrGlenn was asking for the crazy redhead that helped him find his car!!!:p

lyteeydlwyr
10-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Would you kindly leave MrLisa alone already??? Maybe he and MrPhil feel more secure there. Amd by the way, MrGlenn was asking for the crazy redhead that helped him find his car!!!:p

Send hugs and kisses to my MrGlenn and tell him the car is on the corner on the left hand side of the street!!! How is he doing?
I know that MrLisa and MrPhil like the Red Roof Inn--if they didn't, they wouldn't make reservations to stay there!!! I don't miss that place at all!!!

MrsPhil
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Send hugs and kisses to my MrGlenn and tell him the car is on the corner on the left hand side of the street!!! How is he doing?
I know that MrLisa and MrPhil like the Red Roof Inn--if they didn't, they wouldn't make reservations to stay there!!! I don't miss that place at all!!!
MrGlenn is doing just fine! Working for George and has his own home. I do have to say though after getting to know him since he got home, he is definately the most retarded out of the three brothers!