View Full Version : Inmate's copy of visiting list contains visitors private info

scca
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
So my man requested his visiting list and sent it to me. I couldnt believe that it had all of his denied/approved visitors social security numbers, Drivers License numbers, date of births, addresses.....
I dont really care that he has my social security but I am sure it floated around before he received it.
I guess I am over reacting but maybe some visitors wouldnt want the inmate having all of that personal information.

Ri'sMom
10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
So my man requested his visiting list and sent it to me. I couldnt believe that it had all of his denied/approved visitors social security numbers, Drivers License numbers, date of births, addresses.....
I dont really care that he has my social security but I am sure it floated around before he received it.
I guess I am over reacting but maybe some visitors wouldnt want the inmate having all of that personal information.

Wow! I included my SS# because I wanted to make sure there weren't any hold ups on my questionnaire, but I definitely don't want anyone on the inside having all of my information. Hmmm....any idea who I would contact (visiting sergeant?) to discuss the confidentiality????

scca
10-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I thought he would just get a list of names...See what other people post but visiting srgt would be who you would call. Maybe ask first....if an inmate requests his list what information is provided to him? See what they say. Not only do you probably not want people on the "inside" having you information but now that paper work can be sent anywhere including the "outside".

Wow! I included my SS# because I wanted to make sure there weren't any hold ups on my questionnaire, but I definitely don't want anyone on the inside having all of my information. Hmmm....any idea who I would contact (visiting sergeant?) to discuss the confidentiality????

Ri'sMom
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Exactly! I dont want my information floating around anywhere in there OR possibly getting out..............all someone would need is name, SS# and DL# to get credit, etc.

Anyone else with info on this, please advise. Thanks!

scca
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Ya I totally agree...I thought to myself this must be a mistake and they gave his the wrong computer print out. Which I am still holding out hope that is what happen. I would scan the list but by the time i sharpied out all the personal information you probably wouldnt make it out. HA good luck

Exactly! I dont want my information floating around anywhere in there OR possibly getting out..............all someone would need is name, SS# and DL# to get credit, etc.

Anyone else with info on this, please advise. Thanks!

coachy1
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
That's shocking, surely it's a contravention of data protection laws. It certainly is here in Europe.

one.four.three
10-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Wow, never thought of that :idea:I will contact the visiting dept...identity theft is the worse thing to happen :mad:-:(

light at end
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Just another reason why I have never put my SS# on my visiting form.

Mommy4Two
10-07-2009, 07:04 PM
At my hubby's facility it doesn't have all that info on the print-out they receive after they request it or it's been updated... Just the names and relationship...

My husband's Aunt didn't include her SS# on the form either and the counselor just called her to ask her why and if she had something to hide! His Aunt explained that it was private and she didn't know who was going to see it before it landed on the counselor's desk... She gave it to her over the phone and that worked just as well...

Impervius
10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
What is even scarier is that when you are on trial, you have a list of all the jurors, their names, birth-dates and addresses.

Cx2
10-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Really no need to worry that list only the visiting room has privy too with of course the exception of your man's attorney (who will need it at one time or another) your man, and the Administration of the Prison. Now If your man decided to show it around that is another story but not any joe smo can get a inmates visitors list, really i promise. Nor can another inmate get a hold of another inmates list unless the inmate himself gives it to another inmate, no worries...

And well if your writting an inmate that you dont trust enough with your personal info than dont exspect to ever be a visitor because they have to have your background because you can't be a felon or have a warrant and go inside a prison. But again only certain people are privy to the inmates file and that includes the inmate so that is a choice you have to make before you decide to see them in person.

24jf
10-08-2009, 08:30 AM
In Colorado providing your social security number is optional.. of course I didn't when I completed my form and I had no issues with getting approved. I also know that when Colorado DOC provides the inmate with a copy of their visiting list it only includes the person's name, relationship and address.. no personal information.

I can't believe that any facility would distribute a list with people's SSN's and DL#'s and it would have nothing to do with not trusting my loved one but I don't trust all the CO's who may handle that piece of paper prior to it being delivered to my loved one and I don't trust the other offenders who may see it (and not because my honey shared it but because they were snooping through my honey's belongings!!).

Gryphon
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Not in any State I'm aware of. The lawyers get a name, and can find out a town. In a big city, we might be able to get a neighborhood. No street addresses, no DOBs (although we can get the age.) We can ask about empoyment, family members.

Of course, if I was so inclined I could research any individual person (not just jurors, and get a ton of personal information about them, their family members, and their neighbors. Investigative data bases are very sophisticated. Often, all that is required is a name, and sometimes a general geographic area. As personal information is acquired, that can be plugged into the search, which reveals yet more information. what used to take weeks and weeks of investigation now takes maybe 1/2 hour.

What is even scarier is that when you are on trial, you have a list of all the jurors, their names, birth-dates and addresses.

HebrewLove
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Not all prison's do this. My man sent me a copy of the list he had several times. He only has names and their relationship to him. There aren't any addresses, phone numbers, or social security numbers. Prisons that do putting people at risk.