View Full Version : Dog training

Sis of sis
10-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know anything about dog training on the camp side? Does an inmate get paid? How long is the program for a dog?

NorTex
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
This is what I believe I understand about the dog program.....(1)Your incarceration time must be for more than 12 months (2) it is purely a volunteer program (no pay) and (3) you have to be apply for a position and be approved.
How long is the dog in the program? Guess it depends on what he/she was charged with !! (LOL)...Sorry but you set yourself up for that one !! Honestly I don't know how long the dog is "in" for but you can bet they're probably treated with equal (or better) lifestyle as the inmates.

Sis of sis
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
NorTex, I like your humor!
Is there anything at camp that inmates do to earn money? Are there classes and such for fun?

NorTex
10-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Sis,
Yes, all the inmates are assigned jobs and are paid for their jobs. Different jobs have different pay scales but it's not a choice-thing, you are assigned a job just where ever the counselor decides to put you, period. The inmate can put in a request for a specific type of job but from what I have heard that means nothing...you will work where they tell you....don't expect more than about $15 per month paycheck !
Classes for fun ? Depends on what you call "fun"....there are a few classes offered but most are prep classes for returning to the real world.