View Full Version : Valentines Day

rberlin
01-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Hey guys...

Feb 14th is quickly approaching and I was wondering what we can get our loved ones on VDay?? Of course cards but I want to do something special... Any Ideas??

j2sq
01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
i know i am getting my fiance a food package. he is allowed to be brought 40 lbs. a year and i did the same thing last yr...brought him his 20 lbs. it is nice to get packages around this time 'cuz u can buy kinda festive stuff. i just get him a whole package of JUNK! candy, chips, cookies, cakes........i got him like little heart shaped candies. CARDS, CARDS! i have 4 for him so far. i keep finding appropriate ones! keep me posted, too on this topic.

Judy45
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Just a tip..there is so much Valentine candy attractively wrapped in FOIL and all my Xmas candy wrapped in foil was returned. I mailed it to my man in Gowanda and I am in Florida....I know things are different from day to day and prison to prison....just thought I would share my experience....Beware of Choclate Liquor????it is in malted milk balls??? Peanut clusters???? from Walgreens...how absurd...that was returned too...Happy Valentine's Day.......JUdy

LADYPAYNE
01-26-2004, 07:36 PM
J2sq, me and you are thinking the same. I decided for Valentine's Day, I'm going to bring my man a package, but of course I'll have Valentine Day sweets. You know how cookies and cakes are decorated for this occasion. I really wanted to get him one of those gigantic Valentine's Day cards, but I didn't know if they would allow him to have it. If anyone knows, please holla. HAPPY V-DAY EVERYBODY.

mannyzprincess1
02-01-2004, 10:14 PM
i was wondering the same thing and being that my husband is in rikers island where they dont allow us to send them food packages. and i would like to get him something nice to show him my love any ideas will help

thank you

brenda

cuteliz19
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
well i agree to all of ya bout wanting to send gift to ur love one but bout the gigantic card its a big no i wanted to do the same thing a gigantic card but its a no sorry. hope all ya have a happy valentines day.

trescheek
02-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I would get him a "junk" food package but that's what he asks for on the regular. :) Last year I found a place that will make a tape of songs you request - I picked all of my favorite love songs to be put on the tape and had it sent to him. He was allowed to get it and he said that whenever he's missing me he pulls it out and listens to it. Meanwhile, I don't remember what I did with the name of the place! :( This year I think I am going to get him some books of my fave love stories ...

BOsPiece
02-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Because my husband can't buy me anything in there but can make me something, he gets creative and will paint up a hankerchief or create a vinyl or make a card or something really creative and give it to me. Actually, he does this on the regular, but for holidays, he'll comes up with festive creations. So, I saves that "buying him something" option til he's in society where he can buy me something to. While he's locked up, I get at my computer and get crazy creative with pictures, wordart and insert pictures from online.