View Full Version : $50 a day cost of incarceration charge?

wifeofMichael
09-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I was reading under Florida law that inmates can be charged $50 a day for their incarceration in the DOC. Is this true or am I misreading it? It said something about having up to five years to put a lien for payment. I figured out if my hubby only spent 365 days (he'll be in a bit longer than that) it adds up to $18,250. :eek: I'm guessing they would put a lien against our house. If this is true I am sorely tempted to go ahead and get him OFF the mortgage if I can manage it. Anyone know anything about this? :confused:I'm going to look for the link. I accidentally 'x' off.

Edit: Found it :http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2009-063.pdf (http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2009-063.pdf)

It's on page 11 listed under 960.293 - Determination of damages and losses.
It states this took effect July 1, 2009. It seems this was old language though they added this: Damages shall be based upon the length of the sentence imposed by the court at the time of sentencing.

Are they saying that if a person is sentenced to 18 months, even if he is given credit for time served and gets out earlier than the TRD date s/he is responsible for the full 18 months?

It also adds: Civil actions authorized by this section may be commenced at any time during the offenders incarceration and up to 5 years after the date of the offenders release from incarceration or supervision, whichever occurs later.

I'm guessing this means they can get you up to five years AFTER probation ends? Am I reading this right?

ben's girl
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I think the part you are referring to about liens:

960.292 Enforcement of the civil restitution lien through civil restitution lien order. - The civil restitution lien shall be made enforceable by means of a civil restitution lien order.

(2) Upon motion by the state, upon petition of the the local subdivision, crime victim, or aggrieved party, or on its own motion, the court in which the convicted is convicted shall enter civil restitution lien orders in favor of crime victims, the state, its local subdivisions, and other aggrieved parties. The court shall retain continuing jurisdiction over the convicted offender for the sole purpose of entering civil restitution lien orders for the duration of the sentence and up to 5 years from release from incarceration or supervision, whichever occurs later.

I think this solely refers to restitution that is imposed at sentencing by the judge.

The other section about Damages and Losses refers to the $50 per day that said it took effect July 1, 2009. It also states it must be sought under a civil action.

Fencie
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm unable to help you interpret the intention of the bill, but this was a slippery act pulled by our elected officials in the 11th hour of Senate Bill 1722 (2009). After the original bill was chewed up and reworked and pounded through the committees, they added this section just before the final vote and the Governor's pen. They pulled the text from a House bill that had died, and intentions are hard to read because there's no analysis done that includes the last-minute additions. It might help to read the end of the enrolled bill because it shows the old wording (from the House bill) and how it was reworked.

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2009/Senate/bills/billtext/pdf/s1722er.pdf

msswtlkr
09-24-2009, 01:04 AM
my husband is being charged 50 a day for 15 months the judge told him that prisoners have to pay to be there.some crap!!! he has 3 days when he gets out to make payment arrangements for the $23,000

wifeofMichael
09-24-2009, 06:17 AM
BG, yeah I know we are responsible for payment of the restitution. I've already got that worked out and should be able to pay it back before he gets out, but it's MUCH less than what $50 a day adds up.

Fencie,

That's the problem, how to interpret this.

MW,

The judge actually told him this?

Here's my thing, before going to admin confin. my hubby was told he was to start working that Wednesday in the kitchen. I know many inmates are what keeps the prison operating. So, while he spent 35 days at Reception with no job and then eleven days at ACI before being assigned a job plus another 15 days at least of no job due to confinment that adds up to 61 days. So if my hubby was outside working in a kitchen at a restaurant he'd make AT LEAST $7.25 per hour. That's $58 each day. Of course he'd be getting two days off each week. So if we subtract ten days for weekends while he was at reception (25) and then 4 days when he ws without a job at ACI (7) and I didn't include the weekends in the 15 days he's supposed to be in confinement. That adds up to 47 days not working. Since they want to charge him $50 a day for confinment that leaves $8 each day that he's "earned" and the state is keeping.

Sorry, but I'm going to fight this tooth and nail. Because if they think they can hand us a bill in the amount of $22,900 they are dead wrong. We already have to pay his cost of supervision every month $54 until he is off of it (approximately 18-24 months since we can get early termination). I'm a flipping taxpayer. They aren't double dipping!

leftbehind2
09-24-2009, 06:37 AM
OMG can they do this???

Where my hubbie is they charge him $1.00 a day and I thought that was bad! but if you have a job inside they do not charge that.

wifeofMichael
09-24-2009, 06:44 AM
The jails charge so much per day, but no where near $50. And that's why my hubby volunteered for a job, so they would stop charging him as well as to keep him busy. This really irritates me. We own a home, it's our only asset. Now I fear them putting a lien on it. We don't plan on selling but still. I'm not even going to mention this to my husband. But you better bet I will challenge it.

KCFOREVER
09-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Its a lose lose situation with our Men--My husband was paying faithfully on back child support when he was arrested and because he has been unable to pay since being in the DOC Texas put a lein on the property in his name--I took our home which is paid for out of his name when he first went in thank Gawd-but now Florida has notified us they have put a lein on the property for court fees and unpaid probation fees from 15 years ago--and quess what-all on top of the fact he was our income except for my Social security so we have lost the new truck actually all our bills have not been paid so a credit score of 785 is now 567 and we are looking at filling bankruptcy-all this for a 15 year old VOP for constructive possesion-and now taxes are due on the properties--well quess what the only one that will be paid is our home--so there will soon be 3 leins on the same property--I quess they can fight it out--makes me smile a bit--

KingsWifey
09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
the liens portion is nothing new, my parents show liens on their property from when my brother was a juvenile and there were court costs and restitution.

I do see the part that WifeofMichael is referring to though:

960.293 Determination of damages and losses.—
(2) Upon conviction, a convicted offender is liable to the state and its local
subdivisions for damages and losses for incarceration costs and other correctional
costs.
(b) If the conviction is for an offense other than a capital or life felony,
a liquidated damage amount of $50 per day of the convicted offender’s
sentence shall be assessed against the convicted offender and in favor of the
state or its local subdivisions. Damages shall be based upon the length of the
sentence imposed by the court at the time of sentencing.

I also came across an appeal or opinion submitted in Miami Dade by the county to have a judgement reversed because trial court submitted to recover the amount according to the time the inmate actually served, whereas the county stated the law reads as they are to be compensated for the sentence he was given NOT for the time he actually served!!
http://www.3dca.flcourts.org/Opinions/3d02-1210.pdf

Found another petition to the court that shows where an inmate initiated a civil action against the FLDOC for injuries he sustained while incarcerated inflicted by another inmate. In turn...the department filed a motion for a summary judgement and counterclaim under sections 960.293 and 960.27!!
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/floridastatecases/2_2003/sc00-785.pdf

Does this mean that it's up to the county or even the state? Maybe they will go after you...maybe they won't?

Here is a link to "definitions" for the 960 section of the statute- Note that "damage and losses" applies not only to the victim but to State and local subdivisions.
http://law.onecle.com/florida/criminal-procedure-and-corrections/960.291.html

THIS is SO not cool. I'm wondering now if I can find anything that even pertains to this mess in my fiance's docket somewhere...I'd think something would have been noted upon sentencing about this since it apparently goes by the time the judge sentences you to and NOT the actual time you do which personally I think is an even deeper dig!

I make sure he has money in his account at all times and he's never mentioned anything being taken from the account. I'll have to ask him if he's heard anything on that end about this. If they'd taken anything....he'd tell me! He raised a bunch of you-know-what when he was charged $20 in county for the ID and I think a few bucks for his uniform. With the economy in the crapper...I can see them pushing this to be compensated by as many people as they can get to pay it.

wifeofMichael
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
We were aware the jail charged unless you worked. I didn't put any money in his account while he was in county because of this. Just sent care packages. So far they are not taking money from the canteen. They'll mess up if they do that for sure because I won't put a dime in it.

As taxpayers it seems like adding insult to injury. And considering the guys run the place, trust me I'll file a counter claim. We are talking about almost $23,000. And I doubt most people are aware of this. I surely was not.

KingsWifey
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Neither was I...and here I was looking into paying the court costs and fees and stuff because he can't even get his license supposedly until that stuff is paid...now I don't know what to do. UGH! I wonder how many people are aware of this!!??!!

wifeofMichael
09-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh I'm going to pay the restitution, fines and court costs prior to his release and plan to have a year of his supervision ready to pay as soon as we go to that first probation visit. I get that. But charging them $50 a day? When many of them are working in the prison? That is wrong. I will challenge it!

ben's girl
09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
First off, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this, but just simply stating my thoughts:

Houseman = dusting the TV in the day room in many cases
Recreational orderly = picking up basketballs, etc

These are jobs that inmates are assigned in DOC and I can't see this adding up to $50/day compared to the inmates that work in the kitchen, grounds and the like. And what about the guys that attend vocational classes instead of having a job assignment? they should pay the per diem because they don't have a job assignment? I don't think you can use whether an inmate has a job as means to determine who pays and who doesn't, especially since they are all technically supposed to be doing something unless they have a medical pass not to.

wifeofMichael
09-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't disagree with you ben's girl. My point is if they are going to use the inmates to do the work in the prison (what would it cost to have to hire a cleaning crew for example) they shouldn't be expected to then have to pay again. Isn't it enough that we, the families, have to manage without our husbands (or wives)? Should I sue the state of Florida for child support while my husband is incarcerated and working, as I look at it, to earn his keep? What about those in for life or on death row? Are they going to come after those left behind?

As far as I am concerned those working on vocational degrees are also "working". Many people get grants that pay for their expenses while they are in school. So what's the actual difference.

I have always believed the best time served is served working. As a taxpayer I considered the different programs where inmates worked in road crews, etc., to be good things. A positive way to serve their time. But this is ridiculous. I am seriously considering getting my house OUT of my husband's name and solely into mine to prevent them from touching it. Even though we don't intend to sell it will eventually be an inheritance to our children/grandchildren. They shouldn't have to lose it because of a mistake made by their father.

I'm sorry this burns me up!

Relda Copning
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
The day my son was sentenced his attorney got his papers that stated he would owe the state of florida over $127,000.00 when he gets out in 7 years. Each inmate is charged $50.00 a day for each day they are incarcerated. This does not include court costs and any other charge the judge adds onto it. I was told by Tall. there could be more charges added later as the state is broke and needs the money. When I asked about how they expected to collect this money from these inmates I was told, "if the inmate gets out and holds a job in florida they can get a judgement against him and take a portion of his wages...also, if they buy a house or property the state will put a lean on the property. This is absurd but I have been in Fl. long enough to know how Fl. works.

wifeofMichael
09-29-2009, 05:54 AM
We didn't get anything notifying us of this, not that I am aware of. I picked up my husband's property and all of the stuff was in it from court. I guess I better write him and ask if he knows anything about it.

Relda Copning
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM
We didn't get anything notifying us of this, not that I am aware of. I picked up my husband's property and all of the stuff was in it from court. I guess I better write him and ask if he knows anything about it.

Maybe it has something to do with when they were sentenced. I know Fl. legislature voted this in not too long ago. So yes I would check and make sure.

KingsWifey
10-02-2009, 01:46 PM
And yet...they wonder why it is so hard for some to get their lives together when they get out. They can say what they want about it being about rehabilitation...it's about keeping the folks who can't stand the thought of breathing the same air as someone not as "perfect" as themselves, happy and making money of the sweat of those they believe are beneath them. The bottom line is money and they act as if there is some imaginary money tree for every single person in this world and they are going to just pull from it to pay off this fee, that fee, this tax, that tax, what we charge because Joe Schmoe says you are a bad person, bad person tax, mid felony tax, bad felony tax, I could go on...it's just that ridiculous. They system is NOT designed to rehabilitate any one no matter how they package it.

wifeofMichael
10-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh they are not rehabilitating anyone. That's why they are called institutions rather than rehabilitation centers. That mentality has gotten them the way things are today. I decided to not write him about it while he's in admin confinement. He was released from confinement today and I am going to visit him tomorrow so we'll discuss it then!

Relda Copning
10-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm so happy you get to visit him. Yes it is all about money in every government office in this country. Besides that, Florida has fallen on a plan they think will make getting this money possible. I was told that if they don't pay they cannot get a drivers license in Florida. And if they get out on parole they will be violated if a payment account is not set up with the clerks office in the county they reside. Missing one payment can violate them. What an atrocity!!! This is totally barbaric and all the rich folks are so happy with these laws.

cblueiis
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Well in Virginia the jail charges 1.00 a day for their "keep" even though me as a taxpayer pay for their "keep"....lets see he also is charged outrageous prices for Ramen noodles, honey buns, etc. and the DOC food is so bad there he cannot always eat it....he says when he gets out he doesn't ever wanna see boiled chicken again!!

wifeofMichael
10-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I had not heard this or read anything about it. I know if they have restitution they have to set up a payment plan when they come home on probation. Perhaps VoiceofReason can let us know. There is no "parole" in the state of Florida unless your crime was committed before ...I can't remember I think it was sometime in the late 70's early 80's. But this is one of the reasons I'm planning on paying off his fines/restitution before he comes home. Not to mention we will qualify for early termination (which the judge has written in his sentence) once that is paid off.

Relda Copning
10-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes the Parole thing is for prisoners who have very large sentences. There are 4 guys in with my son in the county now that are back for probation violation since they have not made a payment on their payment account. I am trying to form a group of local family members to go to Tall. to protest this stupidity. There is no work in my county. Where is the money coming from?

amickeyfan
10-23-2009, 11:33 PM
My son was sentenced on 9/14/09. The Judge, the SAO or his private attorney informed him of this $50 per day charge. He was informed of his fines and court costs totaling to range of $53,258 since they were drug charges. The Judge did put them to a Civil Judgment. His attorney suggested my son file for bankruptcy since there is no way in th world he can ever pay this off. He doesn't have a dime to his name, is 23 & will have a criminal record of 4 felony drug charges against him. Who will hire him to where he can make a decent living?.. now if you have to add in $50 per day... that is just another joke added in. To think, the system doesn't understand why it fails to fix their revolving door. How can someone function when they come out of prison knowing they have to pay this off. Oh, and yes, his DL will be suspended when he comes out for 2 years to top things off... and where we live, there really isn't any public transportation.

ben's girl
10-24-2009, 08:25 PM
My friend and were discussing this the other day. She had been reading over this and stated the link that was posted was an addendum to the original law from 2006. So this is not something new but something that has only been changed. Maybe we need to take another look.

amickeyfan, isn't the $50k fine automatic for all drug charges? And your son also has to pay the $50/day on top of that? WOW

mardavjar
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
My son has a 1st degree felony conviction for drug trafficking when he was 18 yrs old. Just got out of jail in June and was released to drug rehab where he must look for a job. He can't even get an interview with the felony on his record. Now they are threating to have his D/L suspended because he can't begin to make any payments. If he loses his licence that will make getting a job that much harder. He wants to move to GA where family will hire him but can't until he finishes 2 yrs of probation. I believe the court will not let him move because it will be hard for them to garnish his wages if he leaves the state. At first, we supported him paying restitution and he did give all of his savings and what he made selling his truck...about $10,000 to the state. Now I could care less if he ever pays them back. I hate this state more and more.

MisslonelyHart
06-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I would call a lawyer. Most lawyers will offer free consultation. Tell them you dont have it maybe they will let him go lol. I have always said they were held hostage, A hostage is held against their will till money is paid for their release. Right?

missy215
06-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Omg! I have never heard of anything like this! So everyone that is sent to prison has to pay $50 a day or what?

ben's girl
06-23-2010, 09:02 PM
No, this is specifically for FL inmates and it has to be imposed by the judge. Fortunately this didn't happen to my husband.

wifeofMichael
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
It does not appear it happened to mine either. Nothing is on the clerk's page and nothing in his paperwork. So here's hoping. But if they try it, they are not going to like the outcome.

amickeyfan
06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
My son has a 1st degree felony conviction for drug trafficking when he was 18 yrs old. Just got out of jail in June and was released to drug rehab where he must look for a job. He can't even get an interview with the felony on his record. Now they are threating to have his D/L suspended because he can't begin to make any payments. If he loses his licence that will make getting a job that much harder. He wants to move to GA where family will hire him but can't until he finishes 2 yrs of probation. I believe the court will not let him move because it will be hard for them to garnish his wages if he leaves the state. At first, we supported him paying restitution and he did give all of his savings and what he made selling his truck...about $10,000 to the state. Now I could care less if he ever pays them back. I hate this state more and more.

They revoked my son's DL as part of the truck trafficking charges.. so he will not have it when he is released...

amickeyfan
06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
My friend and were discussing this the other day. She had been reading over this and stated the link that was posted was an addendum to the original law from 2006. So this is not something new but something that has only been changed. Maybe we need to take another look.

amickeyfan, isn't the $50k fine automatic for all drug charges? And your son also has to pay the $50/day on top of that? WOW

I guess I don't check all the posts :o I am just reading this now..months later..

Yes, the lone $50K was for drug charges, but for only one of the charges.. he has other fines for the other charges. His fines & court costs alone are over $60K I want to say off the top of my head, $63K Now if he does end up responsible for the $50 per day (which he did say he did not see it in writing, thank God), he will have to add that on top of what he is already facing in terms of what is owed. I know he will never be able to pay them back.. and the sad thing is, as far as the trafficking goes, he was the middle man who made the calls, he didn't handle any money & made NO money on the calls, just pills purchased cheaper or fronted to him... :( These fines for trafficking charges really need to be evaluated. If they aren't king-pen dealers, or from the cartel, they should not be charged the crazy $50K fine..

Jensman
06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Okay this is just plain scary. My girl had three diferent fees imposed by the judge and I just paid those off with the Clerk of courts in Miami-Dade county. , but she has mentioned something about restitution. I'll find out more, but they can't put a lien on her because she owns no property plus she works in prison so can they still charge her? She is at one of the private facilities.

mardavjar
06-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I guess I don't check all the posts :o I am just reading this now..months later..

Yes, the lone $50K was for drug charges, but for only one of the charges.. he has other fines for the other charges. His fines & court costs alone are over $60K I want to say off the top of my head, $63K Now if he does end up responsible for the $50 per day (which he did say he did not see it in writing, thank God), he will have to add that on top of what he is already facing in terms of what is owed. I know he will never be able to pay them back.. and the sad thing is, as far as the trafficking goes, he was the middle man who made the calls, he didn't handle any money & made NO money on the calls, just pills purchased cheaper or fronted to him... :( These fines for trafficking charges really need to be evaluated. If they aren't king-pen dealers, or from the cartel, they should not be charged the crazy $50K fine..

The whole drug trafficking definition is a joke. My son was charged with trafficking for buying ten roxies for $100 for some guy who snitched on him 6 months later. At the time he was arrested, his dad and I had already found out what was going on with him, gotten him some help, cleaned him up, taken away access to cell phone, house phone, transportation and money. He went nowhere without one of us! As a family, we were taking care of our own and he was doing well with out-patient drug-rehab care locally.

The judge/courts didn't care. They wanted money! So without any physical evidence and only the word of dealer who has been arrested more than 20 times and never had a trafficking conviction, the Judge found my son guilty of Drug Trafficking of a Controlled Substance 4 to 14 grams. The Judge actually said "The State of Florida is broke and needs the money." My son had never been arrested before and had no record.

His fine is $50 plus $3500 in future probation fees. He feels buried alive. We saw him on Father's day and we discussed how he would begin to rebuild his life (he will be 21 next month). His reply: " I think it would have been more humane to take me out back of the court house and shoot me than to live through the last 3 years and then have all this debt on top of my head with no future and no way to pay it back." This about broke my heart.

lin787
06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
resource center....legal help.....fl incaration fee

that thread I started a few months back....the guy owes a huge huge amount of money. Might want to check it out... around page 4, 5, 6..

just sayin....

<3mymichael216
06-27-2010, 07:52 PM
now, my husbands attny told us that not all inmates are made to pay this fee. we found it to be true. my husband was not made to pay this by the judge- only court costs- his victim was not eligible for restitution because the family had already gotten money from my hubbys insurance, so that was done. however, my cousin was charged with drug charges n sentenced to 5 years in prison a few months later n his judge sentenced him to pay this fee on top of his court costs. it seems all up to the judge.

amickeyfan
06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
His fine is $50 plus $3500 in future probation fees. He feels buried alive.
Did you mean to say his fine was $50,000 or $50? One of my son's counts, the fine is $50,000...that is the trafficking one. The others are just under $1,000...and again, just fines, not court costs.

amickeyfan
06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
The courts don't put a "lien" on the offender but they put it into "civil judgement" so that if and when they ever do come into money, the State will take it from them. From what I understand about civil judgement, they will not take from your salary (when out of prison), but they will take if you hit the lottery, come into an inheritance or make a windfall on selling something (like a home).

I have since found out that we cannot put this judgement (fines) into a bankruptcy court because it was imposed by the courts. His Criminal attorney had thought that we might be able to. We were going to help him file while in prison. I have found out that in Fl when a civil judgement is placed on you, it gets reviewed every 7 years. Judgements in Fl are only good for 20 years. What happens after that, I am not sure. I am guessing it goes away.. :confused:

mardavjar
06-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Did you mean to say his fine was $50,000 or $50? One of my son's counts, the fine is $50,000...that is the trafficking one. The others are just under $1,000...and again, just fines, not court costs.
Yes$50,000 is the fine. I wish it was $50!

lin787
07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
If the civil judgement gets reviewed every 7 yrs, does that mean they also renew it?

lin787
07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
I read something about this back when I posted all this info, that said only one judge in Florida is actually enforcing the payback. That millions is owed, but they have only collected a very small amount.

on another case, guy was ordered to make restitution but was told at the time, dont worry about it, by the time you get out you wont owe it. I dont know the time tho. Im thinking its that 20 yr thing.

I know inmates are in prison for breaking the law, most knew about what the sentence would be if caught. But after they have done their time, then its time to let them go.

Another case I know of, the guy has hid the money from a bank robbery, got 30 yr sentence. So, in 24 more years he will be able to pay his fines and still have a chunk of change. lolol. its not funny, but it is. I dont know what prison he is in or any details, but I guess he says he would never had made that much money in 30 yrs.

wifeofMichael
07-25-2010, 05:13 PM
are you talking about restitution or the cost of incarceration. My husband has been making payments on restitution since he got to Work Release. He will continue when he gets home. Our goal is to pay it off in two years to apply for early termination. Nothing was mentioned about the cost of incarceration when we went to court, nothing is in the paperwork. I will fight it tooth and nail!

Tlina
08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
are you KIDDING ME? This is the first I've ever heard of this. Inmates are actually CHARGED per day for each day they are incarcerated? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! Where are our taxpayer's dollars going to then? That seems the like the biggest rip off scam EVER.

amickeyfan
08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
are you KIDDING ME? This is the first I've ever heard of this. Inmates are actually CHARGED per day for each day they are incarcerated? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! Where are our taxpayer's dollars going to then? That seems the like the biggest rip off scam EVER.

Not all are charged, but some can be. I agree, it is a big rip off scam. Where do they expect the inmates to come up with that type of money.. when incarcerated :rolleyes: I think they expect inmates family to pay.. just my opinion.

lin787
08-20-2010, 05:51 PM
A retired Judge told me several years ago, they put failure to pay CS in jail/prison, because they know they will get money from the families. They dont care what the family has to do to pay it.

wifeofMichael
08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
The jails charge but they can't force anyone to pay. I suppose they could do the lien thing but they have not. My husband became a trustee/inmate worker while in jail and the charges were therefore waived. Prison is different. I don't believe they can incarcerate you for not paying the $50 a day, but they can put on a lien after he is released if he does not. However it was not in our sentencing paperwork and it wasn't in his release paperwork either. They send me a bill I'm going to really get up in their stuff. Because the man worked almost everyday he was incarcerated in some capacity saving the institution money. They can bite my big ole white butt!