View Full Version : How much does stuff cost for them?

Camilla88
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM
My friend is in Douglas Mohave Unit, I want to help him out but am not sure how much things cost... like sanitary items, shave cream, coffee etc...
I am new to this & want to send him a money order for his account but am not sure how much to send.

Thanks so much for any answers!
:)

SweetMichelle09
09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
My friend is in Douglas Mohave Unit, I want to help him out but am not sure how much things cost... like sanitary items, shave cream, coffee etc...
I am new to this & want to send him a money order for his account but am not sure how much to send.

:):idea:Hello why don't you write him and ask him to send you a list to the prison store and also ask him how ofton he can go to the store and how much he is allowed to spend each month.I am sure he will be happy with what ever you send because as far as i know in prison every little bit helps Good Luck!

Camilla88
09-14-2009, 12:21 AM
:idea:Hello why don't you write him and ask him to send you a list to the prison store and also ask him how ofton he can go to the store and how much he is allowed to spend each month.I am sure he will be happy with what ever you send because as far as i know in prison every little bit helps Good Luck!

Thanks Michelle! :)
I will ask him... I tried to ask him what I could do to help him out in my last letter but he seems like he doesn't want to ask me for anything so I just wanted to surprise him & send the money order.

He told me though he had 100 when he went in but he bought hygeine products & stamps & shoes etc & that was about gone but that he was expecting some money soon from his family.
I just figured like you said, every bit helps & was thinking of just sending a little more for him so he doesn't get to this point of having nothing left again.
He isn't working yet because he got in a fight & is on probation or something.
And I was really just curious what things cost them in there! I am just going to straight up ask him to send me the list :)

SweetMichelle09
09-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks Michelle! :)
I will ask him... I tried to ask him what I could do to help him out in my last letter but he seems like he doesn't want to ask me for anything so I just wanted to surprise him & send the money order.

He told me though he had 100 when he went in but he bought hygeine products & stamps & shoes etc & that was about gone but that he was expecting some money soon from his family.
I just figured like you said, every bit helps & was thinking of just sending a little more for him so he doesn't get to this point of having nothing left again.
He isn't working yet because he got in a fight & is on probation or something.
And I was really just curious what things cost them in there! I am just going to straight up ask him to send me the list :)Aww how sweet him not wanting to take from you but i can see you care so much and want to help.Depending on how much time he has tell that boy he better just get used to it.LOL:) that you really want to help him once in awhile.

stacy31117
09-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I also have a boyfriend in the mohave unit. And if you find any information out please do share. I live in New York so this is all very new and hard for me. He was extradited from New York to arizona for something that happened a long time ago.

:)

ladymurda
09-17-2009, 03:04 PM
i always by my husband his things like food soap ect cause in the jail its more money and when i buy his things on the outside its adds up 2 at least 200 dollars or more i still put money in his account cause they can only get food packages twice every month so when he dont have no more food i bought him he use the money in his account for the store and i live in new york also wat cf is your man in..good luck to both but when u go and visit them ask the co's for the list of things they can have GOOD LUCK LADIES HOPE THIS INFO HELPS

NtShadow
09-18-2009, 09:11 AM
i always by my husband his things like food soap ect cause in the jail its more money and when i buy his things on the outside its adds up 2 at least 200 dollars or more i still put money in his account cause they can only get food packages twice every month so when he dont have no more food i bought him he use the money in his account for the store and i live in new york also wat cf is your man in..good luck to both but when u go and visit them ask the co's for the list of things they can have GOOD LUCK LADIES HOPE THIS INFO HELPS

I wish that we could do this in Arizona, but being as we can't, it does get expensive.

MyGirlCori
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
about a month ago someone posted a ADOC inmate store pricelist. The files were called AZ STORE LIST