View Full Version : Trusty Escapes Angola--Visits Cancelled Until Further Notice

ilovetroy
09-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Here's a link explaining the story on the escaped inmate on yesterday. Visits are cancelled until further notice. Anyone who planned on visiting should call first.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/58796592.html

SexyChef1
09-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Here's a link explaining the story on the escaped inmate on yesterday. Visits are cancelled until further notice. Anyone who planned on visiting should call first.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/58796592.html

Oh nooooo I cant belive this my birthday is coming up, I sure hope this wont be an issue. I just thought about it my birthday is in Oct. Rodeo month. Geesh no winning.

John2126
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah...and I was going to visit my PP for the first time this weekend. Grrrrrrrr.....

Along with visits canceled, LSP is in a quasi-lock down state, i.e. no shop work, going outside the camps, or stuff like that. Phone calls are allowed though, as my PP was able to call me to let me know.

John

snissi
09-12-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm on my way over from Sweden (!!!) on Wednesday to see my fiancÚ in Angola this upcoming weekend... And all this can be ruined because of this one guy! I'm PISSED! No, that would be an understatement. Does anyone have an idea of who/which department in Angola to call and check? I'll have to do that monday at the latest!

SexyChef1
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm on my way over from Sweden (!!!) on Wednesday to see my fiancÚ in Angola this upcoming weekend... And all this can be ruined because of this one guy! I'm PISSED! No, that would be an understatement. Does anyone have an idea of who/which department in Angola to call and check? I'll have to do that monday at the latest!

You can just call (225) 655-4411 and ask for Visitation they will be able to let you know when its all clear. As of today they still havet caught him. With those woods up there he could be dead by now. Hope they catch him soon and we can return.

SpunkyMonkey
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for reporting this!! Wow....I pray they open visits soon so all you ladies can see your men!! :(

ilovetroy
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
The escapee has been captured as of yesterday morning however visits are still suspended until further notice. Next month no sunday visits (thurs, fri, sat) due to the rodeo in October.

snissi
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
That's what it says on their webpage... But since I've (today) travelled from Sweden all the way to Louisiana, I've been spending the last few days calling their visiting department to hear if they'll allow visits this weekend and they all say yes so I can only hope that that's true! I'm here now so... :)

SexyChef1
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Any news? I havent received any mail all week and its not like him esp since he's in the dungeon.

joyfulflower
09-19-2009, 05:52 AM
gooosh, my heart almost broke.....happy that the visits are back on normal. But eerr...you write Thurs-Sat are visits? I thought only Fri/Sat?...I'm going to visit my buddy whos on DR....

ilovetroy
09-20-2009, 08:57 AM
gooosh, my heart almost broke.....happy that the visits are back on normal. But eerr...you write Thurs-Sat are visits? I thought only Fri/Sat?...I'm going to visit my buddy whos on DR....

The fall rodeo is scheduled for every Sunday in October and because of the size of this event, visits have been changed to Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

This past spring LSP cancelled visits for every weekend during the spring rodeo ran so I guess their trying to make up for it. I really do hope they have everything in order for visiting next month because due to the rodeo this past April, concession items in the main prison visiting shed were very scarce.

Normal visiting dates are Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Enjoy your visit.

joyfulflower
09-25-2009, 03:36 AM
The fall rodeo is scheduled for every Sunday in October and because of the size of this event, visits have been changed to Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

this is actually great news!! Thank you very much for posting this...so instead of sitting around in Baton Rouge I have an extra day of visiting :)

joyfulflower
09-25-2009, 05:28 AM
uh oh, I'm correcting myself here :(
no additional day, because visits are limited to two days per month as I was told :(

SexyChef1
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes only two visits per month which really sucks when your traveling from so far away.