View Full Version : Need info on Bainbridge substance abuse treatment center

Shondaleigh
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I have looked everywhere trying to find some info on this place.:( All I can find is they are sending him to a facility that is as far away from home as possible.. this place is like 20 miles from Flordia..ugh!
It's RSat for probationers.. anyone know anything about it? Is it the same as Decatuar CI?:confused: My husabnd is waiting to go! How long are they having to wait for a bed? Whats visitation like? please share any info u can.. I have looked all over this site for info.

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I've searched everywhere for you too... I did find that the center is operated by Spectrum, just like the RSAT programs within the prison... And here's the press release from when it was opened back in 2002...

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/021022.html

Other than that I would question, like you did, if it's the same as the DCCI... Looks like they're both in Bainbridge, but probably not the same place... The DCCI is listed as being located on Airport Road and the Bainbridge SATC is listed as being on State Hospital Road...

Have you tried calling to ask them some of the questions... I did find this info at the bottom of one of the pages about Substance Abuse... Hope some of it helps...

For More Information Contact:
Chandra Fussell, Substance Abuse Manager
Operations, Planning and Training Division
Risk Reduction Services
404-463-8071 (Phone), 404-656-4819 (Fax), email: fussec00@dcor.state.ga.us
Risk Reduction Services, Suite 852, East Tower,
#2 M.L.K. Jr. Drive, S.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30334

Shondaleigh
08-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I will call them Monday! So how do you feel about the RSAT program.. I see your man is there. Is it like boot camp? Can he smoke? how r the classes? I mean, can they be taken Seriously?

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I've been an advocate of RSAT since we found out 2 years ago that he was gonna have to do it! I think that although it's done in a prison, it's a medical program and can be taken seriously! My hubby was totally against it, didn't wanna do it and wanted no part of it... Well, over those 2 years his attitude changed a little, but not much... He realized that any help he can get is better than none... He felt he wasn't an addict and didn't need help. He's been in the program for a while now and he thanks God everyday that he's there... He says it's an awesome program. He said it's hard and it takes an emotional toll on you, but it's good... It's not only a substance abuse program, but a total therapy one... They do classes in the morning and evening and they also have meetings throughout the day too. It's very intensive and therapeutic too... I thought my hubby would be fine once released, but now I have no doubt! I don't think it's like boot camp... It's literally a residental substance abuse treatment program. Just like you see on that show "Intervention" where the people go off and live in a treatment facility, only it's within a prison! At my hubby's camp they can smoke, but I'm not sure about other places... It's even motivated him to quit smoking!!! I'm very excited that he's doing this... Hope your guy can take it for what it's worth too!

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Mommy I feel the same way you do and my bf has also quit smoking since beginning the RSAT program. It's not like boot camp at all, but it is still prison. I think this at least gives them a foundation to start from when they get out. I'm sure also when they parole out that they will have to go to AA/NA classes and in Columbus the parole board sends them to a drug class also run by Spectrum. I think being in RSAT really helps them understand the choices that they make and take responsibility for their own actions. It also doesn't hurt that they keep them so busy that the time goes by much quicker once they are in the program.

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Mommy I feel the same way you do and my bf has also quit smoking since beginning the RSAT program. It's not like boot camp at all, but it is still prison. I think this at least gives them a foundation to start from when they get out. I'm sure also when they parole out that they will have to go to AA/NA classes and in Columbus the parole board sends them to a drug class also run by Spectrum. I think being in RSAT really helps them understand the choices that they make and take responsibility for their own actions. It also doesn't hurt that they keep them so busy that the time goes by much quicker once they are in the program.

That's what I'm most thankful for right now too!!! The Hubs said he was so busy that the time was flying by... The only time that drags is the weekends! :( I hate that we dont' get to visit on weekends and this makes it worse, but hey, we only have a few more months anyway! My husband is always telling me something he picked up from the classes! He says that one thing they really emphasize is planning for the future and deciding how an action is going to impact those plans... He's really taking all of this info he's receiving to heart and I love it!!!! :thumbsup:

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I totally agree, every letter, every phone call, he is talking to me about the things he is learning in this class. He is really into it and that makes me hopeful. I think it also boosts their self-esteem. I really think that they can get a lot out of this program if they keep an open mind and a positive attitude. When he was still at Scott he actually taught a couple of the classes :D. I hate to say it they probably know more than some of the counselors, lol!!!!

Shondaleigh
08-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Are they not allowed visitation?

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 07:38 PM
At Scott they were allowed visits and at Johnson they are too, I would assume that he is allowed visitors in Bainbridge too... I don't get to visit because it's over 4 hours away, almost 5 really....

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I totally agree, every letter, every phone call, he is talking to me about the things he is learning in this class. He is really into it and that makes me hopeful. I think it also boosts their self-esteem. I really think that they can get a lot out of this program if they keep an open mind and a positive attitude. When he was still at Scott he actually taught a couple of the classes :D. I hate to say it they probably know more than some of the counselors, lol!!!!

This was our problem! My hubby was being told by other inmates that the program was stupid and was a big ol' waste of time, etc, blah, etc, blah! I tried to reason with him and explain it this way... Ok, these guys went through RSAT and are back in prison for a reason... Of course they don't like the program because it wasn't a free ticket out-FOREVER! Those are the guys that did it just to get home and didn't do the program with an open mind and positive attitude and their recent incarceration proves that!

That has been one of our biggest struggle with the system... Him being dragged down by inmates that don't have lives or families on the outside... They're so negative and only wanna relay the negative to others... You know these guys that have been in prison 10+ times and expect everyone to come back at some time or another, just because they did... It's really very sad...

Shondaleigh
08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, hes getting alot of that too.. Thats why I started looking for info on the place. I told him basically the same thing..to go in with an open mind and that these people who are telling him this are people who have no intentions to stop using when they get out. It has took 11 years of hell, but right before he went back to jail, He finally came completely clean.. admitting he had a problem. I just pray this works..

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Well, if he's gonna do the RSAT program, I would say he's got a good chance! The statistics are great for this program and recidivism... If he'll go into with an open mind and not resist the treatment, he'll do good... My hubby says that the staff won't stop pushing until they know you've given it your all... They don't let you just sit on the sidelines... They want you active and participating... Good luck to him!!!

AmyLiz84
05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
If anyone is out there that knows firsthand about Bainbridge, my fiance is waiting to go in the facility. We sort of know what the program offers for him but I really need to know for myself what to expect.

Can and when can he make phone calls? Will he be able to call me right off the bat or do they make them wait a while? And what type of phone service do they have? Is it a prepaid phone service?

Can he have contact visits, in person that is, and how often, what days and how long?

Can he wear regular clothes or jumpsuit issued clothing?

I want to know what to expect before he gets there. I've heard he can't see me for a while first thing. Is this true and if so, how long does that last?

I don't want to be left in the dark. He will only be about 30 mins from our home so I am excited about that.

If anyone can fill me in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Shondaleigh
05-30-2010, 11:43 PM
My husband never actually went to bainbridge they sent him to Northwest instead which is the only other PSACT its rsat for probation violators..the others are for people in prison .. SO I can tell u about it there.. They wear khaki jumpsuits..and it took about a month for them to put my number in the system where he could call thru global tel-link (pre-pay or direct bill) depending of ur phone company (mine is actually on my cell phone with a 100.00 spending limit.. He sent a significant other form out after 2 weeks and it took another 3 to get approved. our visits are contact visits.. 9-3 sat and sunday and holidays.. 2 chairs u+him...plus all the other families and a couple guards..

Hope this helps..and wish u both the best of luck..

alcopMLP
06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I have a friend that is waiting to go into the RSAT program. He thinks he will go to Bainbridge or Walker for the Program. Does anyone know if they keep his street clothes in property until he is finished with the program and if he will be able to get mail? Can we send paperback books? Bible? What are they allowed to have and not have? What about visitation and phone calls? Can they get care packs? What are the conditions of Bainbridge or Walker facilities? I appreciate any information you can give me.

AmyLiz84
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you so much for responding. I thought I would be notified if I had a message but I just happened to look today. We were worried about the phone and visit issue. I had heard two weeks to get it cleared for me to see him. I'll die if it takes a month to talk to him phone call wise. I use my cell now with Correctional Billing Services but apparently Bainbridge has the service you mentioned. I may go ahead and sign up and have it waiting. Not sure if that would help. Is the $100 the most you can add at one time? I hope it's not $100 only! I'm not sure how much I have spent with CBS. It's always loaded for his calls.

He's waiting to go in any day so he's being held in the county jail, just sitting, waiting. We talk now 3-4 times a day and I see him once a week for 30 mins. I can't wait for the contact visit, just to touch him!

Oh, can you see him actually on Saturday and Sunday? That has been my big wonder, and his too. Please let me know about that!

I really appreciate your help. I hope your husband is doing well. I'm so hopeful Bainbridge will work. It sounds like a good place.

Take care!:thumbsup:

My husband never actually went to bainbridge they sent him to Northwest instead which is the only other PSACT its rsat for probation violators..the others are for people in prison .. SO I can tell u about it there.. They wear khaki jumpsuits..and it took about a month for them to put my number in the system where he could call thru global tel-link (pre-pay or direct bill) depending of ur phone company (mine is actually on my cell phone with a 100.00 spending limit.. He sent a significant other form out after 2 weeks and it took another 3 to get approved. our visits are contact visits.. 9-3 sat and sunday and holidays.. 2 chairs u+him...plus all the other families and a couple guards..

Hope this helps..and wish u both the best of luck..

kirbzgrl
07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
My son waited 5 months for space to get into the Bainbridge program. After his transfer, it took a couple of weeks before we could visit. He had to fill-out his visitation list and then send out forms for all of us to fill-out and mail back. They will then call to verify the information to approve visitors. The max number of visitors allowed on his list is 12. The good thing is there is no limit to how many of those 12 visit on Saturday and/or Sunday from 9-3. They have a table with 3 chairs + his, but will move larger groups to the other side of the visitation room when needed. You can bring $20 in quarters in a ziploc bag to buy food and drinks. They will inventory your jewelry before and after the visit. Remember to dress conservatively, no shorts, halter tops, flip-flops, etc. You can hug/kiss at the beginning of the visit and at the end. No physical contact during. As far as phone calls, you will need to set-up an account with Global Tel link. They will have you fax a copy of your phone bill to verify your phone number. You can add money or pay your bill online. They give everyone $100 credit to start. They will then bill what you actually spent that month. Just be sure to pay by the due date or they will suspend calls until you do. Calls can last up to 15 mins.

I hope this helps those of you with questions, but feel free to ask anything else. He can expect to attend class 4 days a week and they have stopped all nicotine at that facility.

ScottieS
09-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I was just released from the county jail where I had been waiting 4 months to go to Bainbridge. From what my probation officer told me there is a long list of people waiting to go and she didn't know how long it would've taken them to pick me up so she gave me time served. I don't know how it is in other counties but in the county jail i was in there are guys that have been waiting 7+ months for a bed. Most people being offered Bainbridge where i was at are turning it down now because of the wait. I did hear it was a great program if you ever made it in.

dixiegirl74
03-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Dos any one have any recent information on Bainbridge?

patokshunny24
08-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Dos any one have any recent information on Bainbridge?

did you find any recent info on bainbridge? my boyfriend just got moved there and were waiting to hear anaything. can you visit on saturday and sunday or just one of the days? and do they always have a set time or can they get out early if there doing really good????

mcobb143
08-24-2011, 09:28 PM
You can visit both days if you want to and there is no way for them to get out early but for just about every DR they recieve they will get extra time. Visitation is pretty laid back and there is normally no lines. Good luck

LLW5252
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Ok I need some recent info on bainbridge too... fit those wondering I know I finally found a webpage with a little info on it and google spectrum bainbridge substance abuse and it is a spectrum site but explains what bainbridge is ... my boyfriend is waiting to go to ware co in Georgia then he is off to do 6 months in bainbridge. I have heard the wait is ridiculous but hoping for the best obviously... so far its been two months and he still hasn't made it to ware ... then the wait begins
... im dreading it. If anyone has any info please let me know

LLW5252
09-03-2011, 12:50 PM
My son waited 5 months for space to get into the Bainbridge program. After his transfer, it took a couple of weeks before we could visit. He had to fill-out his visitation list and then send out forms for all of us to fill-out and mail back. They will then call to verify the information to approve visitors. The max number of visitors allowed on his list is 12. The good thing is there is no limit to how many of those 12 visit on Saturday and/or Sunday from 9-3. They have a table with 3 chairs + his, but will move larger groups to the other side of the visitation room when needed. You can bring $20 in quarters in a ziploc bag to buy food and drinks. They will inventory your jewelry before and after the visit. Remember to dress conservatively, no shorts, halter tops, flip-flops, etc. You can hug/kiss at the beginning of the visit and at the end. No physical contact during. As far as phone calls, you will need to set-up an account with Global Tel link. They will have you fax a copy of your phone bill to verify your phone number. You can add money or pay your bill online. They give everyone $100 credit to start. They will then bill what you actually spent that month. Just be sure to pay by the due date or they will suspend calls until you do. Calls can last up to 15 mins.

I hope this helps those of you with questions, but feel free to ask anything else. He can expect to attend class 4 days a week and they have stopped all nicotine at that facility.

This helped a lot! I am new to this site trying to figure out what the wait tint to get in bainbridge is

MissinMyJH
09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
If anyone is out there that knows firsthand about Bainbridge, my fiance is waiting to go in the facility. We sort of know what the program offers for him but I really need to know for myself what to expect.

Can and when can he make phone calls? Will he be able to call me right off the bat or do they make them wait a while? And what type of phone service do they have? Is it a prepaid phone service?

Can he have contact visits, in person that is, and how often, what days and how long?

Can he wear regular clothes or jumpsuit issued clothing?

I want to know what to expect before he gets there. I've heard he can't see me for a while first thing. Is this true and if so, how long does that last?

I don't want to be left in the dark. He will only be about 30 mins from our home so I am excited about that.

If anyone can fill me in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

My fiance is also waiting to be sent off to Bainbridge. We live 4 hrs away and I plan to visit him at least monthly but not sure of a cheap place to stay when I go. I hear visitations are 6 hrs on weekends and are contact, not just through the plexiglass :D We have been waiting for him to be sent off since his sentence in December 2010. I hearif he is waiting more than 6 months to be sent off that he can be released home..? is this true? any info on the place would help!
Thanks!

MissinMyJH
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM

Thank you very much for that info! Very helpful on what to expect! :thumbsup:

Healing48
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
My brother has been at Bainbridge for two weeks now. We were told the wait would be 6 months to get in but he only waited not even three months before he was told to report to the jail for them to take him down there. He says the food is pretty awful it's standard jail type food, but with his commissary account he is able to keep his locker stocked with other food. If you go online to j pay (its all one word but it won't let me give you the link because I haven't posted 25 times!!) you can put money on their commissary account online. It costs you a fee however, if you do it before 11 p.m. weekdays they can access the funds the next day. It's so much easier than mailing money orders. You can use your debit card or a pre-paid debit card or check card/credit card.

We still haven't received the paperwork in the mail from him to confirm our addresses and phone numbers for visitation but he says he mailed them. He is so far only able to call my older brother who has a home phone and can call him collect. Those of us who have tried to set up Global TelLink are having issues because we are being told by them that they don't show Bainbridge as one of their facilities. My brother's counselor gave us a code today that we need so will try to call them again today and get it set up. The code for Bainbridge is 043 and Global TelLink's phone number is 800-231-0193. Don't try setting it up online because if you do they will tell you that Bainbridge isn't one of their facilities and it is. They can't call out unless you have Global TelLink set up on your phone!!!

You can mail letters to your loved one there anytime, my brother has asked us to write him daily because mail makes the time go by faster so we do!!! They can receive mail with pictures of you or your children but they can only have a total of 20 pictures total while they are in there and they be no larger than 4x6 so spread them out over their six months. They can also receive books as long as you order them from Amazon.com and they come directly from the printer not you. The classes he says are pretty intense and constant so he is busy all day. They have a library there and they can go outside to exercise.

Hope this helps any of you that have loved ones about to go or just arriving at Bainbridge. I will update as I get more info. I'm planning to visit as soon as we are allowed so I'll update once we go and give you more info.

God Bless.

Healing48
09-23-2011, 01:37 AM
We have spoken with my brother again. He says during the week classes keep you so busy you don't have time to sit & miss being outside! The weekends,are hard but he says now that almost a month has gone by he knows he can make it six months.

whyher
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
i have looked everywhere trying to find some info on this place.:( all i can find is they are sending him to a facility that is as far away from home as possible.. This place is like 20 miles from flordia..ugh!
It's rsat for probationers.. Anyone know anything about it? Is it the same as decatuar ci?:confused: My husabnd is waiting to go! How long are they having to wait for a bed? Whats visitation like? Please share any info u can.. I have looked all over this site for info.i live in bainbridge and no it is not like ci..it is more like a bootcamp..i know alot of the guards there and they are nice..it is a tough program but a good one..they attend alot of drug classes all day..i got a friend who had a son there and she said she had or he had no problems...and as far as being close to fl.we are 40 miles from talahassee..where are you from?...but u have no worries about that place...

Healing48
10-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I know my brother has been in Bainbridge for a little over a month & waited less than four months for a bed there. He may have just gotten lucky but he was glad to get in that quick. We just got approval to visit. Immediate family memberes, I.e., Mom, Dad, brothers, sisters, wife, children do not have to fill out any, paperwork. The person that is in Bainbridge will fill out their visitation request list then they will call you, verify your address & birthdate as it is listed on your id. Anyone else will have to be sent forms to fill out & send back.

My brother says they are busy all day long in classes, but he says they are great & he is learning so much about himself he knows this was a good thing for him. He is taking parenting & relationship classes too! Its really effecting him in such a positive way. So proud of him!! They sleep in bunks similar to army barracks not cells!!!

If anyone needs any info send me a message I can ask my brother for you.

God Bless

Sent from my Galaxy S using PrisonTalk

Mckinseyswife
11-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I know my brother has been in Bainbridge for a little over a month & waited less than four months for a bed there. He may have just gotten lucky but he was glad to get in that quick. We just got approval to visit. Immediate family memberes, I.e., Mom, Dad, brothers, sisters, wife, children do not have to fill out any, paperwork. The person that is in Bainbridge will fill out their visitation request list then they will call you, verify your address & birthdate as it is listed on your id. Anyone else will have to be sent forms to fill out & send back.

My brother says they are busy all day long in classes, but he says they are great & he is learning so much about himself he knows this was a good thing for him. He is taking parenting & relationship classes too! Its really effecting him in such a positive way. So proud of him!! They sleep in bunks similar to army barracks not cells!!!

If anyone needs any info send me a message I can ask my brother for you.

God Bless

Sent from my Galaxy S using PrisonTalk

Hello and thank you so much for that valuable information!!!! My husband was just transferred to Bainbridge. I was wondering if you could tell me when he is able to call? I already have an account set up with GTL from when he was in the local county jail. Im wondering if he will still be able to call me with that. Also do you by any chance know how much the calls are? I see in this forum that they last for 15 minutes. But no one has said how much they are. Also ask your brother (if you have a chance) does he know (since this is a treatment program) if the family is at anytime included in the treatment process? And last question is what types of things do they talk about and focus on in the classes and if it is Christian based? Thanks so much for your help. God will definately bless you for your kindness and big heart toward his people!!!