View Full Version : Piedmont CI in Salisbury??

triplejs
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Anyone have any experience with this camp? It's for adult male felons to process them into NCDOC.

My son's clothing came home today from there so I assume they transferred him yesterday.

Any idea how long it will take to process him?

And is the time frame long enough to set up the phone account? How does that work now with GTL? I've always had to use PayTel before.

His 25-30 months has now officially started. It's going to be a long two years with him gone. I miss him so much even now. :(

Triple'js

08-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone have any experience with this camp? It's for adult male felons to process them into NCDOC.

My son's clothing came home today from there so I assume they transferred him yesterday.

Any idea how long it will take to process him?

And is the time frame long enough to set up the phone account? How does that work now with GTL? I've always had to use PayTel before.

His 25-30 months has now officially started. It's going to be a long two years with him gone. I miss him so much even now. :(

Triple'js
1st - Welcome to PTO

2nd - for some answers to your questions ...

Sorry, I have no idea about Piedmont CI - but others here in PTO have had some (I don't want to say 'good') 'ok' and 'not so ok' experiences there - I'm sure they'll let you know.

I have posted this link many times - it's a good place to start and may answer many of your questions you have not thought about yet.
The Family and Friends Handbook: http://www.doc.state.nc.us/Publications/2009Handbook.pdf

The processing may take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.

All NC DOC facilities have GTL - from what I've read here in PTO, GTL is not user friendly - http://www.gtl.net Look for AdvancePay (NC DOC does NOT have Inmate PrePay). All calls will be collect from the Inmate and up to 10 minutes in length. Some facilities have 'open' calling - the Inmate can call as long as you have money in the account; other facilities have 'restricted' calling - 2 calls a month.

Actually his 25-30 months started when the Judge's gavel hit the desk. The time begins with the maximum and works down from there.
NC DOC calculates time in days; 1 year = 365 days and 1 month = 30 days.
So if he was given 30 months (30 months x 30 days = 900 days)
Then subtract his jail credit and he works down from there receiving good time, gain time, and merit time reducing his stay, will not go below his minimum time. Add disciplinary (penalty) time when he gets in trouble, will not go beyond his maximum time.

To check on him (his status, sentence time, projected release date (PRD), and his DOC Photo: Go to - http://www.doc.state.nc.us/ and follow Offender Search link on upper right side of page or go to - http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view
You can also go to the Prison link on the left side of the page to view information about Piedmont CI or to go directly to it: http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/prisons/piedmont.htm

Hopefully he'll send you a visitation application, one application for each and every person he wants to be able to visit him (up to 18 visitors) - fill it out (answer ALL questions truthfully, sign the back, include a copy of your NC Drivers License or NC Identification Card, or Passport) and return it to the facility he is at - DO NOT return it to him! As for any children, under 18 years old the application need to be signed by the PARENT, if you are the guardian include a copy of the court or social services papers assigning you as the guardian. At age 16 an ID is required, learners permit or an identification card issued by the DMV (school ID's are NOT acceptable). Under age 16 a legible copy of the birth certificate (does not need to be ceritified) is required (if you have the credit card size birth registration card a copy of both sides is needed).

Good luck and ask if you have questions!!

triplejs
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Thank you for your post. Sorry for my delay in answering it. I'm new here and just figured out that I have to do a reply without your post within it due to the restrictions on links to URLs.

I figured up my son's time by your explanation and it was just too depressing. I think I'll stick with 2 1/2 years until he gets down to <1 year. Just easier for me to cope with the amount of time.

I am constantly on the NCDOC website searching for information. It answers a lot of basic questions but not the ones that are personal....especially about each camp.

Thanks for the extra info on children's visitation since I am raising his daughter that was good to know. I did get his visitation forms and will be filling them out soon. We won't visit him until he is sent to a permanent camp since the processing one is so farther away.

One question for you - I asked this in another thread but I like how simple your answers are so I'll ask you too. Can you explain the difference in brown & green clothes? And how it affects their privileges? Also can you earn a change in those?

Thanks in advance!

Triple'js

08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes, I saw the other post - I'll answer in here.

Brown = Medium Custody
Green = Minimum Custody

They have a Custody Review every 6 months (the web site shows it to be on the first of the month but it can be anytime during that month). During that review he can either be recommended for promotion, demotion, or stay the same.

In the handbook you can see that Minimum is divided into 3 levels, each progressing to more privileges. Plus more decisions he will have to make - making the wrong decisions can send him back - but try to concentrate on the positive.

As for the visitation applications - get them in as soon as you can - there are so many visitors I deal with that want to wait for this or that - then try to hurry up and get the applications in so they can visit in the next couple days - IT Doesn't happen overnight! Get them in, deal with any problems with them to get them approved, then find out how that facility works their visitation. We see the same visitor screen at every facility across the state of NC. It goes wherever he goes.

triplejs
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Thank you.

You mentioned the handbook so I went over to read it. Never thought to do that before since I'm not an inmate. :o

I'll fill out the forms tonight and mail them tomorrow.

It sounds as if you work for the NCDOC. And I notice you are in Goldsboro which is where my son was once before. If so I wanted to let you know that your willingness to help us out here is appreciated. :)

09-01-2009, 01:07 AM
You're quite welcome.

nursegrl79
09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
My husband is at PCI. I really like visitation there but this is the only facility he has been at so I don't have anything else to compare it to other than county jail which we all know their visitation sucks! My husband is in the New Direction program at PCI and will be graduating in 2 1/2 weeks. Visitation at PCI is 2 hours long at different times depending on what floor he is on. The processing floors have visitation on Saturdays 6:30pm-8:30pm. They are only allowed 2 calls per month for 10 minutes each at PCI. My husband was in processing right at 2 weeks before he was told he would be staying there for the New Direction Program. If you have any other questions just let me know and I will try to answer them. My man has been there since 6/2/09. Hope this helps you some. Good luck...sounds like you are in this for about the same amount of time I am!

MrsDH2u
09-02-2009, 06:52 AM
My finacee was transferred to Piedmont CI lastweek and I luckily because of my job I was able to get some much needed information. I didn't know that he only gets 2 phone calls per month which are 10 minutes each. (Bummer) and I was told that he wouldn't be able to have visits for 21 days. I haven't talked to him yet, but we've sent money and I've written him 2x, but I haven't heard anything back. I was glad to hear about the 2 hour visits that made me feel a little better.
How do they make phone calls? Do they have to buy calling cards or do I have to use that paytel calling thing?
Anything else interesting I should know about PCI????

09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
NC DOC does not have 'calling cards'. ALL calls are collect.

The telephone company is through Global Tel Link (gtl). http://www.gtl.net
You can either have the bill through your local phone company or by a GTL Advancepay account.

triplejs
09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
My husband is at PCI. I really like visitation there but this is the only facility he has been at so I don't have anything else to compare it to other than county jail which we all know their visitation sucks! My husband is in the New Direction program at PCI and will be graduating in 2 1/2 weeks. Visitation at PCI is 2 hours long at different times depending on what floor he is on. The processing floors have visitation on Saturdays 6:30pm-8:30pm. They are only allowed 2 calls per month for 10 minutes each at PCI. My husband was in processing right at 2 weeks before he was told he would be staying there for the New Direction Program. If you have any other questions just let me know and I will try to answer them. My man has been there since 6/2/09. Hope this helps you some. Good luck...sounds like you are in this for about the same amount of time I am!

Thank you for your reply. Interesting that your husband has been there so long...I was under the impression it was "just" a processing camp. I guess not. We probably won't visit our son there because it's so far for us plus I think we have to wait 21 days for visitation- is that right? Hopefully he won't be there much longer than that.

What is New Direction? I've never heard of the program. Will he be moved once he graduates?

triplejs
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
My finacee was transferred to Piedmont CI lastweek and I luckily because of my job I was able to get some much needed information. I didn't know that he only gets 2 phone calls per month which are 10 minutes each. (Bummer) and I was told that he wouldn't be able to have visits for 21 days. I haven't talked to him yet, but we've sent money and I've written him 2x, but I haven't heard anything back. I was glad to hear about the 2 hour visits that made me feel a little better.
How do they make phone calls? Do they have to buy calling cards or do I have to use that paytel calling thing?
Anything else interesting I should know about PCI????

Thank you for your reply. I think the two calls a month are due to being in medium security as opposed to the particular camp. I believe close is only once a month & minimum is unlimited. And it's calculated on the basis of the 1st to last day of the month as opposed to the time they are there. I thought if they went in on the 19th then their month would be 19th to 19th but it's not that way.

And yes, it's GTL which is pre-pay although AT & T allows a small amount to be put on your phone bill then you have to set up an account with GTL. I've had 2 phone calls that have been collect & billed by AT&T but I know that soon I will have to deal with GTL.

My son played a new game...Shuffleboard. He said he liked he amount of time it consumed. Not sure if it's a game just for those processing or everyone. Not sure if they separate those processing and those in general population or not.

How much time does your fiancee have? Do you live nearby so travel for visitation will be easy?

PS - I'm sure you will hear back from him soon. Hang tight. :)

MrsDH2u
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the replies!!!! My finance has 35 months :~( and I do live nearby PCI its like a 45 minute drive so just as soon as he gets me the visitation papers I'm going to be there every Saturday with my bells on... I'm sure he's worried about me since my pregnancy is extremely high risk... I'm just as worried about him... Which is probably making my blood pressure and everything else threw the roof, but I think I would feel better if I just got a letter or something so I could call him

triplejs
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy! And I hope everything goes well for you.

Yes, 35 months is close to our time too.

I'm so glad you are close by so traveling won't too difficult for you. Take care of yourself - that little one needs you and your fiancee can care for himself. :)

I understand the worry...especially if you haven't heard yet from him. I told my son to write me often or I'd worry too. He went in on the 19th of August and I've had 3 letters. Surprised that he is writing that much. I hope you get a letter soon! :D

MrsDH2u
09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks so much!!!!! I suffered a miscarriage last December so this is a scary process for me especially since I'm suppose to be on bedrest, but I've put it in God's hands not just this little one, but our other little ones....
Remember PCI is just a processing camp so we'll see where his next stop will be... There were a couple of his friends mixed up in this whole thing who went to trial before him and most of them have stayed close to home. So I'm prayful that things will work out the same way for us... He has a few medical conditions that have me worried about his time in prison, but I just have to block that out....
He's been in PCI since August 26th and I haven't gotten a letter yet so I'm just checking the mailbox everyday after work and working on these crying spells which I can't control.. Everything reminds me of him a song, a movie everything...

nursegrl79
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Have you sent your husband any money so he can buy stamps to send you a letter? If you haven't, that is probably why you haven't received anything yet. Everything costs money in there and it takes several days before they are given their PIN to use the phones. You can go ahead and get set up with GTL so when he gets his PIN you will be able to accept his calls. PCI is "Not Just a processing camp". They have the New Direction program which is formly known as DART for addicts if they get lucky enough to stay there for it, they also have the GED program and if you get a job there you will get to stay there longer. Most people do just go there for processing and then get moved but the one who get into one of these programs gets to stay until they complete the program or get kicked out of the program. Once they complete the program and aren't accepted into another program or get a job, then they are moved rather quickly to another facility. I hope this helps you out...let me know if I can answer any further questions. :)

triplejs
09-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much!!!!! I suffered a miscarriage last December so this is a scary process for me especially since I'm suppose to be on bedrest, but I've put it in God's hands not just this little one, but our other little ones....
Remember PCI is just a processing camp so we'll see where his next stop will be... There were a couple of his friends mixed up in this whole thing who went to trial before him and most of them have stayed close to home. So I'm prayful that things will work out the same way for us... He has a few medical conditions that have me worried about his time in prison, but I just have to block that out....
He's been in PCI since August 26th and I haven't gotten a letter yet so I'm just checking the mailbox everyday after work and working on these crying spells which I can't control.. Everything reminds me of him a song, a movie everything...

Oh sweetie - I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that was a difficult thing to endure. And putting it all into God's Hands is just what you should do. Trust in Him.

Our son has been in a few times before for short stints and he's always been close to home except one time. He was living at the coast and his home address was there so they kept him at the coast. Evidently they use the home address listed to choose where to transfer to. But the other times he was within 15-20 minutes to our home.

And those crying spells...well, honey you are pregnant so those are very normal. As a matter of fact you would probably be crying anyway. And probably over little things like the grocery store being out of your favorite kind of ice cream. :lol:

MrsDH2u
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks TripleJs. Nursegrl79 I've sent him money and so have other people we are committed to making him as comfortable as possible while he's in there because he has made our lives comfortable over the years. I'm not whats the hold up I know this is a massive transition for him, but I haven't heard from him since his birthday 8-25. Do they need their pin numbers to purchase things such as stamps and other items????

nursegrl79
09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I believe they need their PIN numbers to do just about anything so other inmates doesn't get stuff of someone else's account. I am not 100% certain on that one. 2021 can probably answer it, if not, my honey should be calling me tomorrow and I will ask him. Be sure you only send Money Orders or Cashiers Checks and put their Inmate # on them. I always mail a letter with them so he knows how much to expect in his account. The COs will take the MO out before giving them their mail. Hopefully you will hear from him soon! What day did you say he went to PCI again? I can't remember and I just read the entries!! :) My husband really likes it at PCI and the COs are pretty good too. You know there are always the ones that are stricker, meaner, no personality, etc but overall they are mostly very considerate and approachable. Well at least when family visits! LOL I am here if you have any further questions....

09-03-2009, 10:37 PM
They only need their PIN for telephone calls. Their canteen purchases are made with just a swipe of their ID card (just like a credit card), no money, no purchase.

Quite correct! About the money - DOC only accepts Cashiers Checks (sometimes called a Counter Check or Certified Check - you get from the teller at the bank or credit union) or Money Order.

And MOST Definitely put HIS/HER Prison # on it - they may think they are the ONLY one with that exact name, even if you just pick letters out of the dictionary at random - there is someone else with that name. I have seen some, excuse me, off the wall names, too.

I know from reading the previous posts you all are speaking about Piedmont CI when you say PCI - and it is a short way of referring to that facility - just keep in mind the 'other' PCI's: Pamlico CI, Pasquotank CI, Pender CI, and Polk CI.
As for NC DOC's short version for those facilities:
PCI = Pamlico CI
PASQ = Pasquotank CI
PEND = Pender CI
PIED = Piedmont CI
POLK = Polk CI

MrsDH2u
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks everyone!!!! The people at PEID have been so helpful and my job affliation helps somewhat. I'm not sure what's going on... His friend who is incarcerated as well called last night to see where he was and we talked breifly about the fact that I hadn't recieved a letter or a phone call. He reminded me of alot of things and how my fiance is probably trying to adjust. His friend had been in prison several times before, but D hadn't ever been before. He told me its certainly a culture shock quite similar to what I'm going through without him. So I'm just going to try to be patient and pray that he's going to write me and or call me when he feels up to it. From a previous accident years ago my husband has serious medical issues which I know he's having some problems adjusting to. So our love is our love and it has endured through alot and I'm confindent that it will endure until the end!!!!

nursegrl79
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I guess I call it PCI because that is what they stamp on my hand at each visitation. Thank you 2021 for clarifying that for me. :) I really hope you hear from your loved one soon. My honey called me this morning and woke me up...it was the best wake up call ever!!! Can't wait to see him in the morning!!

MrsDH2u
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess I call it PCI because that is what they stamp on my hand at each visitation. Thank you 2021 for clarifying that for me. :) I really hope you hear from your loved one soon. My honey called me this morning and woke me up...it was the best wake up call ever!!! Can't wait to see him in the morning!!

:) I would love to get a wake up call right about now!!!!! When he was hardly around and in and out of town he would always call every morning to tell me and the kids good morning and I miss that so much!!!!!! Hopefully I'll hear from him this weekend, but if I don't I've promised myself I'm not going to be dissapointed.........

nursegrl79
09-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Hoping you get your call soon!!!! Will you be going to see him while he is at Piedmont when he is allowed visitors? Getting ready to go to bed because the sooner I go to bed the sooner I see my man! We are getting our first pictures made together tomorrow...need my beauty sleep so I can look my best!! :)

Missing_My_Love
09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I really didn't read the other posts so, I am sorry if I give the same information. My husband was processed in PCI and I was approved for visits REALLY quickly. He was only able to make 2 phone calls in a month when he was in for processing so that kind of sucked and the mail there is slow as molasses. The visits were okay, the guards weren't too pushy and you can get up and get snacks and whatnot. All in all it's really not a bad place but, I was more then happy when they moved him even though it was 2 hours away.

triplejs
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you for your comments!

Glad to know the mail moves slow. And I don't expect to visit my son there - we're going to wait until he gets moved.

Hope you and your husband are doing well. :)

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I finally heard from my love on Saturday afternoon he sent me a vistor packet which he says I should be getting any moment now... He said he hadn't called because he wasn't really ready to talk... I understood that and I wasn't mad in fact it was the total opposite I was soooooo freaking happy!!!!! I was like a little child I couldn't hardly keep still while we were talking which is probably why I lost the call.... :( And I cried and cried so hard I almost threw up,,,,, I guess that didn't help me because Sunday morning I was admitted to the hospital for contrations. My OBGYN came to check me out and decided to start me on another round of steriods to get lil baby's lungs strong because it looks like preterm labor is coming soon.

Nurse79 if I'm medically able to travel those 45 minutes of course I'm going to be there with bells on.

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I really didn't read the other posts so, I am sorry if I give the same information. My husband was processed in PCI and I was approved for visits REALLY quickly. He was only able to make 2 phone calls in a month when he was in for processing so that kind of sucked and the mail there is slow as molasses. The visits were okay, the guards weren't too pushy and you can get up and get snacks and whatnot. All in all it's really not a bad place but, I was more then happy when they moved him even though it was 2 hours away.

So what do you mean the mail moves slow???? They acted like they process mail there the day it comes and then the immate gets it the next day?????

Missing_My_Love
09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
So what do you mean the mail moves slow???? They acted like they process mail there the day it comes and then the immate gets it the next day?????

For us at least the mail moved slow, he would go days without getting a letter from me and I sent him letters EVERY day. It was rough on him when that was all that he had to look forward to was the letters. Thats kind of what I mean by the mail moved slow.

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
For us at least the mail moved slow, he would go days without getting a letter from me and I sent him letters EVERY day. It was rough on him when that was all that he had to look forward to was the letters. Thats kind of what I mean by the mail moved slow.

See.... that pisses me off because what's the reason that you can't get them their mail on time??? When I talked to him Saturday he said he'd only gotten 1 letter from me since he's been there and I've sent 4 or 5 so I was kinda mad about that...

Missing_My_Love
09-08-2009, 09:56 AM
See.... that pisses me off because what's the reason that you can't get them their mail on time??? When I talked to him Saturday he said he'd only gotten 1 letter from me since he's been there and I've sent 4 or 5 so I was kinda mad about that...

That is exactly what I meant about the mail there moving slow. Though when he was transferred they did send his letters to the new camp, he got those at a fairly decent time too. He went from Piedmont CI to Catawba CC and even though Catawba was a 2.5 hour ride for me, I liked that camp a lot better for him.

Hopefully your loved one will not be there long enough to have to worry about the mail. Make sure you let them know that you are sending the letters. Even if you have to write it in a letter just keep reminding them. It's enough to make someone crazy.

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
That is exactly what I meant about the mail there moving slow. Though when he was transferred they did send his letters to the new camp, he got those at a fairly decent time too. He went from Piedmont CI to Catawba CC and even though Catawba was a 2.5 hour ride for me, I liked that camp a lot better for him.

Hopefully your loved one will not be there long enough to have to worry about the mail. Make sure you let them know that you are sending the letters. Even if you have to write it in a letter just keep reminding them. It's enough to make someone crazy.

Is Catawba near Lumberton???? I'm on pins and needles hoping and praying tha the doesn't go too far away from us. We're in the Triad now and Salisbury is only like 45 minutes which works for me... But, if he gets transferred somewhere far I won't be able to do it....

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
at least until after the baby gets here..

Missing_My_Love
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Is Catawba near Lumberton???? I'm on pins and needles hoping and praying tha the doesn't go too far away from us. We're in the Triad now and Salisbury is only like 45 minutes which works for me... But, if he gets transferred somewhere far I won't be able to do it....

I am in the Triad as well and Catawba CC is near Hickory, NC I was only able to go visit him every other weekend when he was in because of how far it was from us. It could be worse though, they wanted to send him to Waynesville, NC which is about 4.5 hours from us.

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I am in the Triad as well and Catawba CC is near Hickory, NC I was only able to go visit him every other weekend when he was in because of how far it was from us. It could be worse though, they wanted to send him to Waynesville, NC which is about 4.5 hours from us.

Oh god I can't imagine having to drive 4.5 hours to only be able to visit for 2hours..... But 2 hours is a little more like it, but I'd rather not be visiting at all, but I love him with all my heart so if I have to visit then I'm going to do that... I've been debating about taking the children or even telling them that he's in prison. They weren't there the morning when the police came to our house and we've pretty much kept them under the radar... I just have to get use to this "prison stuff"

Missing_My_Love
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh god I can't imagine having to drive 4.5 hours to only be able to visit for 2hours..... But 2 hours is a little more like it, but I'd rather not be visiting at all, but I love him with all my heart so if I have to visit then I'm going to do that... I've been debating about taking the children or even telling them that he's in prison. They weren't there the morning when the police came to our house and we've pretty much kept them under the radar... I just have to get use to this "prison stuff"

It takes awhile to get used to. My husband got lucky and with a good lawyer only had to do 4 months. I had never been through anything like this before so, I did what I do best, I jumped in and found out everything I needed to know. With the help of PTO (and 2021 of course!!) I was able to make it through the 4 months without losing too much of my sanity. They say it never gets easier but, you learn to adapt. Hopefully the time will fly by for you. :) Think good thoughts!!

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
It takes awhile to get used to. My husband got lucky and with a good lawyer only had to do 4 months. I had never been through anything like this before so, I did what I do best, I jumped in and found out everything I needed to know. With the help of PTO (and 2021 of course!!) I was able to make it through the 4 months without losing too much of my sanity. They say it never gets easier but, you learn to adapt. Hopefully the time will fly by for you. :) Think good thoughts!!

We had a "great lawyer" and I'd recommend anyone to her she's the best... She worked out the plea deal which was excellent since he was facing a 12 year min. He'd been set-up by some friends and she was excellent so I'm thankful for the 35 months versus 12 years min. I'm loving PTO its helping me keep my sanity I'm so glad I found this site.... Because I feel like no one understands what I'm going through and how it is to love someone who didn't make such great choices... Thanks

triplejs
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I finally heard from my love on Saturday afternoon he sent me a vistor packet which he says I should be getting any moment now... He said he hadn't called because he wasn't really ready to talk... I understood that and I wasn't mad in fact it was the total opposite I was soooooo freaking happy!!!!! I was like a little child I couldn't hardly keep still while we were talking which is probably why I lost the call.... :( And I cried and cried so hard I almost threw up,,,,, I guess that didn't help me because Sunday morning I was admitted to the hospital for contrations. My OBGYN came to check me out and decided to start me on another round of steriods to get lil baby's lungs strong because it looks like preterm labor is coming soon.

Nurse79 if I'm medically able to travel those 45 minutes of course I'm going to be there with bells on.

I am so happy you got to hear from him! And in a phone call. I too can understand his hesitancy in calling home. Adjusting TO prison life is as hard on them as adjusting to coming home. My son told me in a letter that he hadn't faced the time he had yet due to just taking his time adjusting to being back in there.

Now, I'm going to go all MAMA on you. OK? :) You HAVE got to take care of you and that baby. No more of this crying until you throw up. That is not good for either of you. And I bet your sweetie is as worried about you & the little one as you are for him. But you have two lives at stake. That baby (in addition to you) might be the one thing to encourage him during this time. The steroids will do their job but Mama has to do hers as well. That means staying as calm as possible, think positively and get plenty of water and rest. The water is too keep dehydration at bay which will cause preterm labor too.

Didn't you say you are on bed rest? Then driving probably won't be good for you or the baby. I know, you can tell me to just butt out but I have 3 precious grandbabies - two of which my daughter went through preterm labor with - one that I am raising...and there is nothing that is worth risking the little one's health for. Until that baby is here you might have to love your man from a far. ;)

Ok. MAMA mode is gone. Now that he's talked to you on the phone I bet you'll get a letter soon from him. He probably just needed to break the wall down. :)

Triplejs

MrsDH2u
09-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I am so happy you got to hear from him! And in a phone call. I too can understand his hesitancy in calling home. Adjusting TO prison life is as hard on them as adjusting to coming home. My son told me in a letter that he hadn't faced the time he had yet due to just taking his time adjusting to being back in there.

Now, I'm going to go all MAMA on you. OK? :) You HAVE got to take care of you and that baby. No more of this crying until you throw up. That is not good for either of you. And I bet your sweetie is as worried about you & the little one as you are for him. But you have two lives at stake. That baby (in addition to you) might be the one thing to encourage him during this time. The steroids will do their job but Mama has to do hers as well. That means staying as calm as possible, think positively and get plenty of water and rest. The water is too keep dehydration at bay which will cause preterm labor too.

Didn't you say you are on bed rest? Then driving probably won't be good for you or the baby. I know, you can tell me to just butt out but I have 3 precious grandbabies - two of which my daughter went through preterm labor with - one that I am raising...and there is nothing that is worth risking the little one's health for. Until that baby is here you might have to love your man from a far. ;)

Ok. MAMA mode is gone. Now that he's talked to you on the phone I bet you'll get a letter soon from him. He probably just needed to break the wall down. :)

Triplejs

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't tell you to butt out I love mama advice.... And believe it or not my children are my NUMBER 1 priority and I don't want anyone to think for one second that I don't... I care about him, but I care about them sooooooooooo much more!!!!!!!

We only got to talk for about 6 minutes and all we talked about was the pregnancy and the kids and then I lost the call....

triplejs
09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
<And believe it or not my children are my NUMBER 1 priority>

As it should be! I've been married 33 years (or will be next weekend) and you got your priorities in order.

I can imagine your frustration at loosing that call. I cherish each second I get when my son calls....just to hear their voice. My son could talk about the moon and I'd still enjoy it! :D

Triplejs

Missing_My_Love
09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
We had a "great lawyer" and I'd recommend anyone to her she's the best... She worked out the plea deal which was excellent since he was facing a 12 year min. He'd been set-up by some friends and she was excellent so I'm thankful for the 35 months versus 12 years min. I'm loving PTO its helping me keep my sanity I'm so glad I found this site.... Because I feel like no one understands what I'm going through and how it is to love someone who didn't make such great choices... Thanks

I am very very happy for you and your man. That is an awesome deal and I am glad that you were able to get that. :) What part of the triad area are you in?

MrsDH2u
09-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I am very very happy for you and your man. That is an awesome deal and I am glad that you were able to get that. :) What part of the triad area are you in?

We actually live in Forsyth County, but his legal issues were in Davidson & Guilford.. What part of the triad are you in???

Missing_My_Love
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I live in Alamance county and my husbands issues were in Guilford, Alamance and Rockingham. =x (driving offenses, most)

nursegrl79
09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I live in Davidson County so I only have 30-35 min drive to Piedmont!

MrsDH2u
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I live in Davidson County so I only have 30-35 min drive to Piedmont!

I'm always in Davidson County; both our families are there... And so that's probably where I'd be leaving from since my mother in law is there and she will more than likely be coming with me.....

MrsDH2u
09-16-2009, 07:34 AM
I finally got mail from my honey which really really made feel so much better... I can't even describe the feeling!!!!

nursegrl79
09-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Glad you finally got your letter!!! I remember how happy I was when I saw that first one sitting in the mailbox!!

I am currently waiting to see if my husband has gotten a job or gotten into another program at Piedmont since he graduates from the New Direction program this Friday. If he didn't get a job or into another program, then he will more than likely get sent somewhere else and the next closest place is 2-3 hours away! I am praying for good news when he calls me later this week!

MrsDH2u
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Glad you finally got your letter!!! I remember how happy I was when I saw that first one sitting in the mailbox!!

I am currently waiting to see if my husband has gotten a job or gotten into another program at Piedmont since he graduates from the New Direction program this Friday. If he didn't get a job or into another program, then he will more than likely get sent somewhere else and the next closest place is 2-3 hours away! I am praying for good news when he calls me later this week!

Well I'm praying that all goes well!!!!

4 given
07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
hello there so sorry to hear about ur son my boyfriend is there he got in there june 7 of this year it took about two or three days of being there before he call me so not to long ok my boyfriend got 80 to 105 months i miss him such :( i feel your pain really i do keep your head up ok

4 given
07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
hello everyone this is new to me okay so please work with me please; my question is my boyfriend is in there too he left june 7 he got 80 to 105 months this is one of the hardest things i had to deal with oh back to my question lol is it a bad place because some of the peoples i talk to keep telling me he gonna get rapped that scare me alot for him and that he got to join a group please tell me its not bad in pci in salisburg nc

triplejs
07-20-2011, 05:21 PM
hello everyone this is new to me okay so please work with me please; my question is my boyfriend is in there too he left june 7 he got 80 to 105 months this is one of the hardest things i had to deal with oh back to my question lol is it a bad place because some of the peoples i talk to keep telling me he gonna get rapped that scare me alot for him and that he got to join a group please tell me its not bad in pci in salisburg nc

Welcome to the board.

My son was in PCI in Salisbury, NC for 2 1/2 years. It's a good place to go. Visits are nice, air conditioned, vending machines, CO's are decent folk and lots of education/job opportunities.

I hope his time goes quickly and your time goes easy. :)