View Full Version : If anyone has any info on Avery-Mitchell, I would greatly appreciate it.

JusABabyMomma
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I am so totally bummed right now!!:help: My son's father had been at Lanesboro for several years... I just got a letter today that he has been transferred and it all happened overnight! He mailed the letter out yesterday and on the back of the letter it says he has been moved to Avery. I just checked online and sure enough, he has been. I'm so bummed because I live in the Raleigh area. As if Lanesboro wasn't far enough (approx 3 hrs give or take)... Avery is 4 1/2 hrs from me!! ARGHHHHHH:angry: I'm still new to all of this, this website... etc etc... despite the fact that my son's father has been in prison for 11 years. Any and ALL information would be greatly appreciated. How soon can one put in a request for transfer? Is Avery an ok place considering? I mean, I know he's a grown man.... I just get scared of the thought of anything happening... I'm sure that feeling is mutual among all of us... What all is ok and what is not? I read the website on things allowed/not allowed, then realized that this was standard for ALL NC Prisons, not just Avery....

Thanks in advance!!

laydlyke
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Looks like he got promoted to medium custody. That's a good thing! Some camps require being there for 90 days before a transfer can be requested, others require 6 months.