View Full Version : My wife surrendered today (please help)

conley87
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
My wife has communicated with some of you, and we are very thankful for your help in her preparation. As you all know, it is a very helpless feeling to leave a loved one without any idea as to their well being. I have been told that it could be several days before we are able to visit or talk to her on the phone. With all that being said, I am writing this thread in the hopes that some of you that are able to talk to those inside will be able to let me know a little about her first few days. I hate to impose on anyone, but your help will be greatly appreciated.
Her name is Rene, and she surrendered at the Carswell camp this morning (8/20). Thanks again for your help and my prayers will be with you and your family.

NorTex
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Yep, know exactly how you're feeling right now, been there - done that and it's not a good feeling at all. Please keep this in mind though, you are probably going thru more misery right now than she is....meaning, she knows where you are and typically what you're doing at various times of day, right ? So, don't get too worked up cause more than likely by the time you read this message she has made it to her room, met her roomates who are helping her settle in and getting ready for Day #2.
I am heading there tomorrow evening for visitation and will attempt to get some word on status & maybe even relay word to her that you are inquiring. If I can learn something I will immediately post on this email string.
NorTex

conley87
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Yep, know exactly how you're feeling right now, been there - done that and it's not a good feeling at all. Please keep this in mind though, you are probably going thru more misery right now than she is....meaning, she knows where you are and typically what you're doing at various times of day, right ? So, don't get too worked up cause more than likely by the time you read this message she has made it to her room, met her roomates who are helping her settle in and getting ready for Day #2.
I am heading there tomorrow evening for visitation and will attempt to get some word on status & maybe even relay word to her that you are inquiring. If I can learn something I will immediately post on this email string.
NorTex

Thanks for the input. It is very comforting to hear from you guys that have been through this already. Please do whatever you can to help us out.

NorTex
08-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Conley, spoke to my significant other on phone last night, she said she would check & advise....got email this morning saying there is no word of a new person arriving at the "camp" yesterday. Are you sure she went to "Camp" or did she go to the Medical side ? Did she have medical problems ? If so, she will be located in the Medical facility which is across street from camp and the two places don't co-mingle....my GF would'nt know of any comings or goings at the Med facility.....Sorry.

conley87
08-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Conley, spoke to my significant other on phone last night, she said she would check & advise....got email this morning saying there is no word of a new person arriving at the "camp" yesterday. Are you sure she went to "Camp" or did she go to the Medical side ? Did she have medical problems ? If so, she will be located in the Medical facility which is across street from camp and the two places don't co-mingle....my GF would'nt know of any comings or goings at the Med facility.....Sorry.

When we left her on Thursday, the guard told us that she would be going to the camp. She doesn't have any medical condition, and we were expecting her to report to the camp. Is there a way that GF could have missed her? Please let me know.

FriscoLady
08-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Conley87,

She is going to be ok. I had a friend in the Camp a few years back, she said it was not bad, worse part was missing her children.

I posted a lot of Toni's letters here at PTO in the Letters from inmate's forum under my screen name.

Hang in there and stay strong, this time will pass sooner than you think and she will be home. I know that you do not believe me now, but it will.

Patti

conley87
08-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Conley87,

She is going to be ok. I had a friend in the Camp a few years back, she said it was not bad, worse part was missing her children.

I posted a lot of Toni's letters here at PTO in the Letters from inmate's forum under my screen name.

Hang in there and stay strong, this time will pass sooner than you think and she will be home. I know that you do not believe me now, but it will.

Patti

Thanks for the encouraging words. I just got confirmation from another person who has a loved one in the camp, and she is there. So, I am a somewhat releived and thankful to all of you for your help and concern.

missuleroi
04-30-2010, 07:13 PM
how much time did she get? is she still there? i may be going there soon.

halvan
05-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi, I am going to Carswell on 6/8/10, is your wife still there?