View Full Version : Rio Cosumnes Correctional Q&A

l0vely916
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm new to this and i was wondering if anyone knows what days do they transfer inmates from the rio cosumnes correctional center to tracy? and how long does it usually take to transfer them (rccc to tracy) after they been sentenced?

thank you

funnyface09
11-04-2007, 11:21 PM
they transfer one day a week. So it depends on what day he was sentenced. I don't know the day.
Once he is transferred to Tracy it is going to be awhile before you can see him and no calls until he is classified.

Paradise0608
05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
My husband was in the branch back in Jan. 06 and got sent to Tracy about 2 weeks later. Now that it is May 2008 a few things changed, he told me people get transferred out 3 times a week now. And he has been there since the 15th. I hope he can go to Tracy soon because I want to go see him already!! It is farther than the branch, but on days when I can actually go visit!!

sinuously
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi. My boyfriend has been sentenced to 45 days, five days time served, 26 of which he has to serve at Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center for a misdemeanor simple battery charge, and I was wondering what to expect. I have read that there are three levels (min, med, and high security)...would he be in the min security for this? Is it notoriously dangerous in there? And most importantly, is there chance he could be released earlier than 26 days? The 26 days was actually for work project, but we couldn't afford the daily fee, am I correct to assume that the 26 days carries over to jail time? What is the visitation like? I've visited the Sac county sherrif's web site but they don't have much info there.

MrsMc
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
My husband is in Rio Consumnes right now. I don't know all that much about it. I'm in PA. His mom is going to visit him on Sunday and when she gets back and calls or emails me, I will ask her what it's like there and let you know.

MrsMc
08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I talk to MrMc last night, he said he's in minimum security (parole violation, but he was orginally charge w/using meth and petty theft). he said he's not in any danger. the room is dorm style. lots of guys, but he said that everyone is pretty decent - no fighting or danger so far, but he's only been there since Sunday. the food is awful, but that shouldn't be a surprise to you. My husband sounded OK to me. He said there is a TV and ESPN is on most of the day, somehow he got a book to read (John Grisham) and I think he said something about magazines. He sleeps most of the time and keeps to himself.

I hope your boyfriend is doing OK. It's kinda funny to think that maybe they are in the same dorm, and here we are, the wives conversing on a messageboard. Maybe we could set up a play date for them. :p

if I don't laugh and make an attempt to find some humor in this I will go stark raving mad over here in PA

best of luck to you, sinuously, keep me posted on your b/f. I'll keep you both in my prayers - I just started praying again after a long absence and semi-atheism, and I'm just goin' prayer crazy. I'm prayin' for everyone while I've still got His attention cause it might not last. :rolleyes:

JNeed
08-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Thank you so much for the info on RCCC. Do you know how often they are allowed to call when they are in the Honor facility? Hearing you talk about how your husband seems to be doing well is really comforting. Thanks again.

MrsMc
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm happy I could help, and I'm glad you're feeling a little better. :)

Well, I don't know what the Honor facility is, but my husband was calling me every night, and we could talk as long as we wanted, but we didn't for very long because it's so gosh darned expensive.

The one thing he did say that kind of worried me (pissed me off, too) was that everyone has to share one electric shaver. I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm going to post a question about it in the general CA forum, and maybe we'll get an answer. I told him NOT to use it. I don't care if he comes home looking like the Geico caveman - I don't want him sharing a shaver - that just sounds gross.

cp894
04-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I received my first dui and was sentenced to 48 hours swp however i do no qualify for that or home detention so i was left to do time at rccc. I turn myself in on may 13 do.

Do i serve the full 48 hours??
Also what should i expect i am a petite 20 year old girl should i be worried?

sidewalker
04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I dont know how this all works, but just to answer your question about being worried........
I would just keep quite, and to yourself. County jails can be pretty awful. At least that is what my hub told me.

Also, I would imagine you would do the full 48, but not sure. I would plan on that at any rate.

cp894
05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I have to report to rccc on thursday may 13 for a dui..how do i go about that process? What is going to happen from there?

wake_up_America
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Looking for any information good, bad and the ugly? How to get phone calls,
experiences with housing, sending packages, activities, routines at the jail.

Any information from anyone who has been there is welcome.

twilighter79
07-31-2011, 01:57 AM
My friend is in 48N at RCCC my question is what type of visitation do he receive....picinic table or behind the glass? I do not believe that he is in honor from what I saw on the care package web page cause honors delivery is Sunday for care package and his is Saturday....help

sidewalker
07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Well I found this link but I didnt see where it says what type of visitation they get
http://www.sacsheriff.com/organization/correctional_&_court_services/RCCC/inmate_visitation.cfm

mlml
07-31-2011, 08:46 PM
My friend is in 48N at RCCC my question is what type of visitation do he receive....picinic table or behind the glass? I do not believe that he is in honor from what I saw on the care package web page cause honors delivery is Sunday for care package and his is Saturday....help

There are no longer contact visits at the branch. So that means the visits are behind glass. I was just out there visiting my son 2 weeks ago. The website sac co sheriff's is not up to date. So if u have any.more questions regarding anything at RCCC - please feel free to ask away... Not my first time at this rodeo.
P.S. Write lots of letters, they mean so much to the inmates:-)

Seduced
08-01-2011, 02:42 AM
My fiancé was in 48S. They visit right along with 48N. The bad news is, it's behind glass. The good news is the room is big, the phones are good and easy to hear even when kids are being loud, and even though there is no privacy, it feels private. Its not usually crowded. One of the phones- 17 maybe? Or 16? doesn't work.

mlml
08-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Sacramento County is calculating good behavior credit at 50% currently. I repeat-currently. The correctional officer's out at Rio Consumnes Correctional Center are the ones doing the figuring out there. The info comes from my son who is out there right now. They have been releasing inmates that only have 90 days or less of their sentence figured at the 50%. Pretty much straight from the horses mouth, because it's the guys that do the talking and watch the one's that are doing the walking! I will post an update when he is released. Today he is at 90 days and he has been seeing guys go with 89 days left clear down to 74 days left (with the figuring at 50% good behavior credit) I hope this info is useful to someone!!! This is the clear result of AB109 and the attempt at relieving over-crowding! :o

tyler durden
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Well, I haven't seen any updates on this thread, so I thought I'd post my situation. I am facing 90 days, which calculated at 50% good time, is 46 days. I have no priors, but was convicted of 4 misdemeanors. 3 loud music and 1 restraining order violation. I was not approved for home detention as the DA had it out for me and made the recommendation that I serve my time in detention. Just wondering with the new laws that went into effect if people with similar charges, or even worse, are being released sooner than the 50%? I'm not counting on it, but it would be awesome to hear that people are :) thank you in advance!

tyler durden
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
just found out from someone who has contacts in the sheriffs department that they may be going to a 1:3 credit rather than the 1:2 or 50%

LadyRize916
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
What does it mean if theyre in HFH? I dont understand any of this stuff.

Agirl08
02-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi my mom is an inmate at RCC right now in maximum security. The hold has come off of her and she thinks she's going to be transferred to chowchilla prison. What's the process for that?

adolphs
10-03-2014, 04:37 AM
What does it mean if they're HFH?

adolphs
10-03-2014, 05:07 AM
At Rio Consumnes Correctional Center (RCCC) what does it mean when their housing unit says 'HFH'??

kismet4eternity
11-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know the policy for being in the "hole" at RCCC? My fiancée is in for 10 days and I'd like to know if they are out at all during the day or if they ever get to call anyone or if they even are able to shower? Can they send letters out? Any information would be helpful.