View Full Version : When do you prefer to visit? Polunsky Prison Unit

RedzReyna
08-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I've only been on a Saturday to visit; but due to my son starting to play PeeWee football I will have to start going on Sundays. What are your thoughts on visiting on Saturdays and your thoughts on going to visit on a Sunday?

Which day do you prefer to go and why?

crazycasey183
08-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Unfortunatly......I don't get to visit my man but if I was approved to visit...it definatley wouldn't matter to me.

Eternal Sunshine
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I prefer to go visit on Sundays. I spend Saturdays catching up on stuff I have to do and getting ready to go see him. I also like ending my week on a happy note by visiting him. For me, it makes the new week on Monday begin on a good note knowing I saw him the day before.

RedzReyna
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I prefer to go visit on Sundays. I spend Saturdays catching up on stuff I have to do and getting ready to go see him. I also like ending my week on a happy note by visiting him. For me, it makes the new week on Monday begin on a good note knowing I saw him the day before.

I've never been on a Sunday to this unit; how is it? What time is the best to go on Sundays? Im curious because as I posted before I will have to start going on Sundays.

Eternal Sunshine
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
My man isn't on the Polunsky Unit so I couldn't tell you how visits are there on Sunday. However, where he is at visits are pretty good on Sunday. It's not really crowded and we enjoy our visits. We aren't bunched up next to other people so we can talk and actually hear one another. Also, when I go I usually get there around noon or so. There are usually one or two families there with small children, but again visitors are spread out, so everyone seems to have a good visit. I just prefer to go on Sunday to visit. The couple of times I have gone on a Saturday way in the beginning, the visitation rooms were more crowded to me. Of course, my man has been on several units so I have experienced visitation at a few units.

RedzReyna
08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
My man isn't on the Polunsky Unit so I couldn't tell you how visits are there on Sunday. However, where he is at visits are pretty good on Sunday. It's not really crowded and we enjoy our visits. We aren't bunched up next to other people so we can talk and actually hear one another. Also, when I go I usually get there around noon or so. There are usually one or two families there with small children, but again visitors are spread out, so everyone seems to have a good visit. I just prefer to go on Sunday to visit. The couple of times I have gone on a Saturday way in the beginning, the visitation rooms were more crowded to me. Of course, my man has been on several units so I have experienced visitation at a few units.

Oh ok I thought he was at this unit since I posted it unit this Units forum..ha-ha! Yeah maybe that's how it is at all units I myself have visited several units also but have always went on a Saturday.

lynnetta
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
When i go i like to go both days if i had a choose i would go saturdays

honda
08-19-2009, 04:19 PM
I have a 6 hour drive down so when I go visit, I try to do the weekend. once in a while I just go for the day and in that case it would be Saturday.

Emansgirl
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
i try not to be picky. i perfer saturdays bc i have to wake up early n drive a pretty good distance- i like to catch up on my sleep n do weekend chores on sundays:)that way i aint dragging ass at the begining of tha week.

kristininla
08-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I have a 14 hour drive so I get both days, however, I do prefer Sundays because it is not as crowded and the wait to get in there is not as long.

hopeful64
08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
bay gets thurs-mon however I only visit friday-sunday.

Rosr Mary
08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Where my man is there is only Sunday visits and only at a curtain time depending on the last mane.

Mrs"G"
08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I am going to ask for a special visit. Any advice from anyone?

RedzReyna
08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Mrs. "G" - hey I really haven't visited this unit much but I am sure that you are aware that you have to call and get your special visit approved. My suggestion and this is just what I heard from a lady whom was there on a special visit when I went was it's best to get there very early on Saturdays - I got there @ 7:35 when I went and I was already the 19th car; I visited and when I came out the line was still long; I really don't have much advice as far as Sundays but word of mouth it's best to go in the afternoons on Sunday.

Good Luck hope you get approved! I'm not sure how far you are or how long you are able to stay but I heard of people going at the end of the month visiting that last weekend and then turning around and going the first weekend.

If you want pictures - then you have to visit the first weekend of the month. Hope the information helps!

EGARCIA13
08-27-2009, 05:55 PM
well i prefer to go on sundays cause there's less ppl there. But tha times i have gone are saturday mornings that's tha best time in my opinion... =]

reallucky1
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh ok I thought he was at this unit since I posted it unit this Units forum..ha-ha! Yeah maybe that's how it is at all units I myself have visited several units also but have always went on a Saturday.

I have been Saturdays and Sundays. I like Sundays best because it is quiet and not a lot of people in the room, Saturdays are always busy and the line outside can be long, but really any day I get to see my man is good.

ThePoetsWife
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I visit him on Sunday. I leave Houston at around 12 and get to the unit about 2:30. I like to visit on Sundays because I think it is less people, but I think there is more of a chance that the vending machine might be empty.

Chapel
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Interesting. When I was there at 8:00am when visiting starts on both Saturday and Sunday there was no one else there. Maybe one person after me on Sunday. Even with no one else there it took about 40 minutes for me to get through and have him make it to the visiting room. It's nice that they don't start the 4 hours until he actually comes in.

As the day went on the visiting room filled up pretty quickly though. Sunday was much busier than Saturday. It could of been the weather. It was rainy the first day and cold, cold the next.