View Full Version : Smith State Prison immediately

parkhad01
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Heard today Smith is closing, there are 1500 level 5 prisoners there. Where the heck are these guys going? I do not know what the hell the state of GA thinks they are doing. They will need to release some people ASAP or there is going to be a riot!!!!!:angry:

bettyjflame
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Heard today Smith is closing, there are 1500 level 5 prisoners there. Where the heck are these guys going? I do not know what the hell the state of GA thinks they are doing. They will need to release some people ASAP or there is going to be a riot!!!!!:angry:
IS THIS FOR SURE ? :confused:NOTHING ON GDC WEB SITE....YET

Mommy4Two
08-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, let us know where you found this! I looked at the DOC website too and can't find anything about it!! This could impact a lot of people!

ChrissyG
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
That would be awesome that's where my man is. Mommy4two why didn't you tell me about this? Did I not tell you that that's where he is? OMG!!! With all that he and I have going on that would be awesome. Please let me know if anyone hears mpre about this!!!

Mommy4Two
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
I've still been checking the DOC website for news, but nothing so far! Another member (gdchfd) posted this: (she's an employee of the GADOC)

Had a meeting with the comissioner the other week. He told us that the next prisons slated to close are:
Mens
Bostick
Montgomery
He said that it is a last resort though. He also explained why he closed the probation detention centers. He said on average, one PDC cost about 1.3 million/year to operate. They were only pulling in about 300,000 in restitution and fees. Now tell me how that works!? It was a great meeting with him. Very informative. Its nice to hear reasons from decision makers sometimes.

I hope this helps...

Yahmeensgirl
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
This would be great