View Full Version : Adelanto CCF

Sals_gal
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
My boyfriend was transferred to Adelanto Community Correctional Facility in Adelanto. Is there anyone out there that can give me some information about the visiting and anything else that may be handy?? Please.......

cosmodoll
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I wish I could help you. My husband was approved to go there, but got sent to the one in Taft instead. Adelanto is closer to home.

I read here that one girl was approved to visit at a CCF by bringing her approval form in from the State, but Taft won't let me do that, I have to be re-approved (same form though, the CDC 106).

I'd suggest calling up there and asking.

Wish I could be of more help.

Sals_gal
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Thank you for your response anyway. It seems nearly impossible to get any information about Adelanto. I guess I will be forced to call them.

sherry_wine
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I live very close to Adelanto, so I know the area but I don't know nothing about the visiting there, sorry:o
So just pm me if you need infor on the city:thumbsup:

ticosgurl
10-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey well my brother did his first time there about 3 years ago and it was a great place to visit...If you are not approved yet you will need to do so and once your approved you just take your id and they check you in and send you into the waiting room and then they bring them out...It was very simple process the easiest place I've been too...We used to get there around 9 and stay till around 3 or 4 and just play dominos or cards..took lots of pictures and their was never a line to wait in..It is right off of hwy 395 very easy to find...But you still might want to call to check on visiting days and hours as they might have changed..I have a friend in there right now..Good luck..Melissa:thumbsup:

Sals_gal
10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully it hasn't changed much since then.

Emmanluis
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM
i live in van nays and i need a ride to see an inmate this weekend....sat. or sun will do....please respond

skyy22
02-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Is adelanto on lock down? my dude was transfered there from tehachapi, on the 24th of Jan. ,that was the date of the last letter he wrote me also. If anyone knows about the current situation at adelanto ccf, please reply:o

From what i hear adelanto ccf is pretty laid back, so i guess lockdowns aren't common, but anything is possible.

#1grandma
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Hello, I Spoke With My Step-son On 2/2/07 And He Did Not Mention Anything About A Lock Down, Here Is The Phone Number To Call And Find Out. 760-246-3328 #1 Grandma

supersheila
03-05-2007, 12:30 AM
not hearing much on this place. Anyone out there know anybody there? :confused:

krummy
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Good day supersheila, welcome to PTO. It seems you feel you are being ignored. Please believe me; you are not. I myself have just found your posts and I am on PTO dailey. It is a very large site and many people on it. It takes time to get around to seeing posts. But please be patient and someone should come along with answers to your questions. I know from experience that sometimes the answers are not real quick but eventually they do get answered. So please do not give up on PTO; it truly is a blessing with caring feeling people who have or still are experiencing what you are at this very moment. I do not know anything about the California system; so all I can offer you is an ear for listening and my prayers for you and your son. May God bless you and forever wrap you in the bossom of his love.

#1grandma
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello Out There, Yes My Step Son Is There In Adelanto Ccf, I Have Not Been Out There Since 12/31/06 Have You Been Lately? I Plan On Making A Trip Soon. #1 Grandma

supersheila
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I plan on going the week of 3/17/07. I am waiting on a new approval.They say it should only take a week or 2. This will be my 1st visit.I cant wait to see my baby boy.Do you happen to know the dress codes?

#1grandma
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Stay Away From Browns And Tan, No Green Or Blue And No Tight Fitting Or Low Top Blouses Or See Threw. Other Than That It Is Very Relaxed. #1 Grandma

don'thateyoubob
03-22-2007, 12:55 AM
sorry to bother you..new at this..looking for an inmate, young blk male frm p-town..bobby l. harriston..need to reconcile with him..i am sure he thinks i hate him but i don't..can you help me? my e-mail is floresnina34@yahoo.com he has so much time..too much..needs a friend on the outside..me if i can find him..thank-you and God bless you!

LovingJon4Life
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
are sandals okay? what about every other color except blue? are they okay to wear? please give me some input because it would be nice to actually have more of a selection to choose from when i am approved. i wanna look cute for my boy:p

#1grandma
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello, my step-son is there, and you can not wear brown or beige. Black is safe also about sandals I don't know exactly what kind you are talking about. Let me know and I will tell you. I wore slip-ons with a little heel. No low cut tops and no underwire bras.

LovingJon4Life
03-24-2007, 12:40 AM
like sandals without backstraps. do you know if the color green is okay?

#1grandma
03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
No green and i think those sandals are ok but take some extra shoes just in case they make you change.

LovingJon4Life
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
just curious if they able to use the internet at ccfs?.. specifically adelanto. havent had a chance to ask him yet... any of you know?

QBFamilyAdvocat
03-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Nope, the internet is off limits in all California prisons.

LovingJon4Life
03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
okey dokey good to know somebody knows my mans pw to all his stuff then... haha it said he was online on myspace i was like wtf haha thanks for the info

LovingJon4Life
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
i cant freakin wait... i havent kissed him since november... FINALLY! but yes i was wondering if appointments are required? am i allowed to wear sandals?

SierraFamily
01-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Anyone know if Adelanto CCF is on Lockdown? Have not heard from my honey in days? Not like him not to call?

pinkybaby7
02-24-2008, 11:56 AM
so if any one has a loved one in the adelanto MCCF prison
B yard is on lockdown cause there was a riot! and 57 people
got injured.. and my stupid boyfriend is in B yard. so im waiting
to call the prison locator tomorrow and see if he got transferd
somewhere else! omg! i really hope not he was 15 mins from me
and now grr! im so mad! i cant stop cryin! anyways ill update
you people with anymore news!

pinkybaby7
02-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Adelanto Is On Lockdown Due To A Riot On The B Yard
57 Were Injured Only A Yard Has Visits.

My Boyfriend Is On B Yard And I Have No Clue
If Hes Okay!!!

Ill Update This As Soon As I Know More

Mrs. Magic
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, My prayers for those who were hurt and I hope you hear some good news soon.

pinkybaby7
02-24-2008, 12:52 PM
thank you!!! i hope soo too! i hate this! keeps me worrying like crazy

nadinea
02-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi,
My son is there he has not called I am sick with worry. I called they will not give me any info I think he is in the B yard I don't know if he is hurt
will they let them make calls? will they be on lockdown? I can't sleep I am so worried does someone call if they are in the hospital? Thanks so much

socal mom
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
From this mornings news --- Only one seriously injured.21 injured in SoCal prison riot over the weekend

ADELANTO, Calif. (AP) A riot at a privately run prison left more than 20 inmates injured over the weekend.
Authorities say one inmate was critically hurt during Saturday's violence at the Desert View Modified Community Correctional Facility in Adelanto. The other 20 inmates suffered minor injuries and were taken to area hospitals.
It wasn't clear what started the riot. A phone message left for Desert View was not immediately returned.
A 2006 annual report by Boca Raton, Fla.-based The GEO Group, which owned the facility at the time, described Desert View as a medium-security prison with 643 inmates.

shygirl323
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a cousin here, in B yard as well. I would appreciate any updates anyone has. His mother has called and they will not tell her anything.

Someone else told her that they transferred some guys to Lancaster.

Mrs.L
02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
They are allowed now to make phone calls. There are CO's from Lancaster at the facility 24hours a day until everything returns to normal. Lot's of people have been transfered back to Lancaster and if you can not get any info from Desert View call records at Lancaster and they can tell you if they have been transfered back there. It is a wonder that more people were not hurt if the fire department did not arrive until 4:00pm, they shut down visiting about 1:15 when they figured out that they had a BIG problem!

pinkybaby7
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
i have not heard anything i called today and they were still on lockdown and were not aloud to use the phones. they would not give me any info. they said if my boyfriend was hurt then they would of contacted me but i have not heard anything..

someone please PM me with any info.

so id have to call lancaster to see if my boyfriend was transferd there??

carina42_heaven
02-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Thank you for the prayers. Is there any update from you guys? Starrybaby said she doubt if we will receive a call if they get hurt or hospitalized. I have a heavy heart since Saturday.

pinkybaby7
02-26-2008, 11:47 AM
nope i have not heard anything hopefully today i get a letter from him since it only takes about a day to get to me! ill let you guys know more if i hear anything

pinkybaby7
02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
so i just got off the phone with my boyfriend there on modified lockdown
to where they can only use the phone and micorave. im not sure if theres visiting.

but hhe said there transfering alot of people right now. and mostly hispanics which he is hispanic. but hopes not to be transferd. so ladys just wait for that phone call!

pinkybaby7
02-27-2008, 11:56 AM
i wrote this in another thread that has adelanto on lockdown thing.. well here is what i wrote

so i just got off the phone with my boyfriend there on modified lockdown
to where they can only use the phone and micorave. im not sure if theres visiting.

but he said there transfering alot of people right now. and mostly hispanics which he is hispanic. but hopes not to be transferd. so ladys just wait for that phone call!

JMV0763
02-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello,

My name is Julie and my son is in Aldelanto also. I had just talked to him that moring and he seemed aggitated. You could hear another person trying to take the phone out of his hand and listening in on our conversation. Now I'm wondering if he knew something was about to go down. Anyway, I tried calling and I got the same answer I'm sure everyone that tried calling got; "Can't give you any information". How do you know which yard they are assigned too? I haven't heard from since it happened and I know he got the letter that I mailed a few days before. Well, I hope all is well with your loved one. Please let me know if you hear from him and I will let you know if I hear from my son also. Thanks for reading and God bless.

Julie; Jon's Mom:confused:

DaddyzGrl
02-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and had no idea this site existed. I think it's so great that we have this resourceful and supportive site.

I found out my man was transferred to Lancaster but Desert View won't tell me if he'll be sent back to Adelanto. Do any of you have a number to Lancaster that someone answers? I call this number 1-661-729-2000 but I get an automated message, hit zero and no one answers. Any suggestions or other numbers to call?

Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks!

creeQ
03-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Hopefully someone(s) can help me because I'm lost and new at this whole thing. Thanks in advance.

What is the difference between a CDC & CCF?
Has anyone heard of Adelanto CCF? If so, know anything about it?
How can I get pics online of my husband? (i saw something about inmate search or something like that)

avbejbkcj143
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
my husband finally called me after 2 mos and told me they transferred him to adelanto he said even though i filled out a application where he was in reception i still have tofill one out in adelanto well i dont care cause they lost my application in lancaster while he was there for reception i was waiting for 2 mos. wen i finally called they tol me they lost my application hopefully at adelanto they recieve it and i get approved just wanted to share :eek:

donsmom
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
which one is he at in adelanto? there are two for state. my son is at the desert view mccf. it only took two weeks to get approved.

gabsters
06-03-2008, 01:30 AM
man oh man! im so worried about my hubby i havnt heard from him! whats going on in desert view facility???????? n e one has news???? plzzzzzzzz i need to know

Eternity88
06-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Im confused. My bf got transfered form Lancaster To Adelanto COmmunity Correctional Facility. Is ACCF the same as MCCF?

oh and about the number for lancaster... its always busy.. just keep trying. Lancaster is overcrowded...Im glad my bf got transfered...

Eternity88
06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh one more thing, for visiting in Adelanto, we dont need appointments, right?
You just go? I heard that its better to go from 1 to 3pm.. any tips? I would really appreciate it

Joel's Jolie
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi

I would also love some info on the difference between cdc and ccf and what ever others there are. I heard that if an inmate is transferred to a new cdc prison their visitors stay approved... but if transferring from cdc to ccf the visitor has to go thru the application proccess again?!?!?! please tell me thats incorrect!!!!!

chicanita5
09-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello

My husband has just been transferd to adelanto and i notice their is hardly any info on that facility if you have nay please let me know Thank you..

chicanita5
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello everyone I dont know about all you but i would really like for the visiting area at Adelanto MCCF to have more activities for the little ones. Besides some board games that are not sudeble for little ones just for the adults. So if any of you guys have any sugestions on what they should have in the visiting area for them to keep them intertain. I dont think its fair for us to keep our kids sitting in the chair for hours and not get board. SO please any sugestion you may have post them here. As soon as i get sugestion I will generat a petition, for the inmates to sign and also I'll see how i can do one for the rest of us. Please any sugestion let me know im open to any advice and recomendations and if any of you guys want to help me...

Thank you:)

WaitingForHer1
02-28-2009, 10:12 AM
chicanita- I agree the correctional facilities are not kids friendly. There are alot of people visiting with inmates so there is limited room. You can call the facility and ask them who you can talk to about this. Maybe there is a way you can donate some childrens games. I am sure they would have to be new in un opened boxes. The problem is whatever they have is available for the public to use. A lot of the stuff that is for kids gets messed up and the pieces missing. Kids have a limited attention span and 5 hours is too much time for most kids to sit still and behave. All you can do is limit the visiting and take them home if they cant contain themselves. Or bring someone who can entertain them so you can visit or visit alone.

LuvandLaughsCA
03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know if CCF/MCCF's have an inmate family council but it might be worth checking into.

Otherwise call and see if they have a Public Information Officer and ask about dontating games, coloring books geared toward children.

The prison where my love is gets their games, coloring books, books from dontations. Families dontate items to the prison and they are placed in the visiting areas that need them.

You could also try asking the CO's in visiting about getting more games for children and see if they have any suggestions.

NightRay
04-09-2009, 11:46 PM
the facility looks like the visiting room is makeshift and they are not equipted to handle visiting at all. As far as the Adelanto prison owed by the city, most solutions will take too long to implement BUT you may want to consider getting grant or donation money to actually BUILD a visiting room, one with a patio, a window for fresh air and tables so families to sit down and eat

hughesgirl
04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
I need to know what hotel is close to adelanto. I will be making a trip out in about three weeks. Any suggestions?

WaitingForHer1
04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Victorville is the town right before you go to Adelanto. Do a search on the internet for hotels in Victorville. It should turn up something.

knpj2000
04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I need to know what hotel is close to adelanto. I will be making a trip out in about three weeks. Any suggestions?

I will be talking to my husband on Sunday, he is in Adelanto, and I will see if I can find out any information for you. I am going to make a trip down there also but not until June. I wish I could go sooner but I don't think I would be able to afford it. Where do you live? I am near Sacramento and am going to drive down. Its about a 7 hour drive from here. I lived in Antelope Valley so I should be able to find something out from somebody. Keep in touch with me at: email removed per PTO policy please PM the member if I am not back here soon.

pinkybaby7
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
i live in victorville and you should go to red roof in. its right off the freeway you will see it. between bearvalley road and palmdale road.. i had friends stay there before and it was nice. whatever you do. do not stay in hotels or motels off of mojave dr. they are very bad alot of drug addicts and crazyy people stay in those and there is cops always there.

Madhatter
05-03-2009, 07:27 AM

I agree with Pinky - The Red Roof Inn would be a good choice. I have stayed there and it was very nice and the rates were reasonable.

hughesgirl
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys for the info. Does anyone know about the Days Inn that is located in Adelanto? I think it is the only hotel there. KNJP2000 I will be traveling from LaFollette Tennessee. Iam worried because they canceled visiting today because of swine flu. I sure hope that don't happen next week. If anyone has any info on visiting next week please let me know. Thanks

Madhatter
05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
When I was there, Adelanto didn't have a motel LOL. Here is some info on Adelanto: http://www.city-data.com/city/Adelanto-California.html

pinkybaby7
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
adelanto is a small town. victorville is the next one over.. so it wont be that far you will be like 15 minutes from desertview and days inn is in victorville

kissesprincess2
05-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I live in Victorville... Yea... I would not go to any motels in Adelanto... I think there is one. But if I were you I would not stay in Adelanto! Red Roof Inn is your best bet! Let me know if you need anything when you come to California!

WaitingForHer1
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
My husband wrote and told me that the prison was on lock down due to swine flu. I called the prison and they told me that on Friday they will know if Swine Flu is confirmed or not. They cannot start visits up until the CDC allows it. Anyone hear of or know anything about this? Well thank goodness he will be released this month but I was hoping to visit before then.

spellbound4evr
08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I can tell you they are on lock down til further notice and it sucks. I didnt find out til I got to the doors sunday morning. I just live up the street so it was only disappointing not being able to see him and then not know when the statis of visits will change. But if I hear anymore I can let you know or you can call 760-246-3328 til they know what's up.. I hope this will help. Hit me up about it anytime.

WaitingForHer1
08-06-2009, 09:05 AM
When I called the other day the watch commander said that they expected the results from the swine flu test to come back this Fri. Hopefully they will know then. Then they have to wait for the CDC in Sacramento to lift the lock down. Yeah it sucks, but it is better than getting exposed to such a nasty bug. I am glad that I did not see him the week before so I know I am good. He told me a few weeks ago that everyone got sick with coughs and diarrhea. But I guess they are getting sick again. This happens when people live in small enclosed areas. Just glad mine gets out in about 2 1/2 weeks but I was hoping to see him before then.

Take care

tillicuagainbro
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I called this morning and they said to call back tomorrow (friday). I'm kinda doubting visits will be allowed this weekend. Often when I call depending who I talk to, "they" seem to not know what's going on either. :confused:

WaitingForHer1
08-08-2009, 10:41 PM
They do know what is going on. Some are nicer than others. I dont see what the secret is. I am just glad he gets out in a little over two weeks. I call every day.

tillicuagainbro
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Visiting is back on for this weekend. I'm going to see my bro tomorrow. :)

Gotti's Wifey
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
My mom has a friend that is in this unit and he sai d that he got put in the whole!!!!!
He doesnt know whats going on!!!

hislady760
09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
anyone know how to call and make an appointment to visit?
or what is appropriate attire to wear when i visit
is the visits thursday - sundays?
thanks

tillicuagainbro
09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
anyone know how to call and make an appointment to visit?
or what is appropriate attire to wear when i visit
is the visits thursday - sundays?
thanks

your inmate needs to first send you a visiting questionairre. If you have any forms laying around, it is the same exact form from any California state prison. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to be approved. If you were already approved at another prison, you still have to send in a new form to Adelanto. Visiting hours are thursday and friday 2pm-8pm. Saturdays and sundays, 8am-3pm. As far as attire? Definitely no denim at all. This means no jeans of any color. Stay away from blue shirts, sleeveless blouses, or shorts/skirts above the knee. Definitely no low top blouses. I've visited several times already with no problems. I hope this helps.

hislady760
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
ok another question: my hubby was in tehachapi before adelanto and they were SO strict on dress code. They didnt even want your pants to have metal buttons or your bra to have the metal hooks and adjustors on them. Is ACCF the ssame? Please let me know. Thanks

tillicuagainbro
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
ok another question: my hubby was in tehachapi before adelanto and they were SO strict on dress code. They didnt even want your pants to have metal buttons or your bra to have the metal hooks and adjustors on them. Is ACCF the ssame? Please let me know. Thanks

well, um....not an expert on the bra thing, but my wife has visited with me before with no problem, and I'm sure her bra has metal hooks. I'm positive your experience at Adelanto will be a much more plesant experience than where you have visited before. Its a minimum security prison. The staff is generally nice, as long as we treat them the same. I have never had any problems visiting. But, I have seen people turned away who have wore jeans or sleaveless tops.

one.four.three
09-21-2009, 05:02 PM
well, um....not an expert on the bra thing, but my wife has visited with me before with no problem, and I'm sure her bra has metal hooks. I'm positive your experience at Adelanto will be a much more plesant experience than where you have visited before. Its a minimum security prison. The staff is generally nice, as long as we treat them the same. I have never had any problems visiting. But, I have seen people turned away who have wore jeans or sleaveless tops.

tillicuagainbro, thanks for the info! I was browsing threw and seen this post...my fiancee just got transferred to Adelanto, so this is very useful :) Thanks, again :thumbsup:

tillicuagainbro
09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
one.four.three: i hope you get some responses because when i posted about Desert View you were the only one that replied! :p Maybe someone else will come along and give us more info?

moderator (sorry i'm not sure who it is): i think you might have moved this post to the wrong thread... if i'm not mistaken this post is about Desert View MCCF in Adelanto and this thread is about Adelanto CCF

you are correct. Desert View is different than adelanto CCF. They are often confused. They are adjacent to each other.

mytoyheart
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I sent in my application form days after my fiance was transferred there and a month later still have not gotten a response so I called Adelanto and found out that they lost my application :angry:! They lady on the phone said that they inform the inmate when they get your application (defenitly the first time I have heard of any place doing this) and then also when you are approved or denied.

If you send in your application I would keep good track of it. Adelanto is getting sold or is sold by now so I have a feeling they have short timers syndrome over there big time. It is very hard to get any type of straight answer regarding where you should mail things to, like applications, money orders, etc. I have come to the conclusion that they just want you to include everything in your letters to your loved ones and not send them seperately or else they will just put it in the round filing cabinet!!! :blah:

Hi:wave:

My man was just transferred to this facility and have a few questions concerning the following:

1) How long does the visiting application process take?
2) What is the dress code attire when visiting?
3) What are the days/hours of operation?

Thank you, any info you can provide is appreciated! :)

one.four.three
10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi. I live in Joshua Tree California and wanted to know if someone would like to share a ride and expenses to Adelanto Community Correctional Facility? I have a new truck. Room for one adult. 2 jump seats for kids. I will drive. If you send me a personal message I will respond right away.

Hello, do you still travel to this facility, as my fiancee was just transferred and got approved today to visit. Have some questions.

Thank you, :)

tillicuagainbro
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I sent in my application form days after my fiance was transferred there and a month later still have not gotten a response so I called Adelanto and found out that they lost my application :angry:! They lady on the phone said that they inform the inmate when they get your application (defenitly the first time I have heard of any place doing this) and then also when you are approved or denied.

If you send in your application I would keep good track of it. Adelanto is getting sold or is sold by now so I have a feeling they have short timers syndrome over there big time. It is very hard to get any type of straight answer regarding where you should mail things to, like applications, money orders, etc. I have come to the conclusion that they just want you to include everything in your letters to your loved ones and not send them seperately or else they will just put it in the round filing cabinet!!! :blah:

I'm sorry this happened to you. :( I was approved to see my brother in about 3 short weeks. And yes, they gave him an empty envelope that said, "visiting forms received" to let him know that your visiting applications had be received by the facility. So, try sending them again. Mail is quick, so your loved one should receive an empty envelope saying the above message within a few days. If not. then they did not recieve your application. The last part of your post is also correct. You can send applications, and money orders in your regular mail and they will pull them out. I have sent seperate envelopes with visitng forms, stationary, stamps, newspaper articles, and they have all made it to my brother. This could've been a legitimate mistake by them. Again, I'm sorry this happened. But send them again ASAP.

bondservant
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
HI -I am finally making my first trip up there tomorrow !!
1.Can anyone tell me the simplest directions from orange county/buena park there? Mapquest always gives me whacked directions and takes me out of the way...any known help would be appreciated...
2.As well can you were black/gray jeans ?
3.and what time is visting from -till on Saturdays?
Thank you -be blessed !

tillicuagainbro
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
HI -I am finally making my first trip up there tomorrow !!
1.Can anyone tell me the simplest directions from orange county/buena park there? Mapquest always gives me whacked directions and takes me out of the way...any known help would be appreciated...
2.As well can you were black/gray jeans ?
3.and what time is visting from -till on Saturdays?
Thank you -be blessed !

Sorry, I saw this post too late. I hope you're visit went well today. I was there today also. We may have seen each other. Again, I hope your visit went well, today, and that you were pleasantly surprised on how smooth visits go at Adelanto.

jp2wait
11-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I live in Point Loma, San Diego and I will be going up once a month hopefully starting the beginning of dec. If any of you are close or on the way up there and want to throw in gas money or vise versa, Hey lets help each other out!

And reading the threads I thought i read something about a riot this last past weekend.. I hope all of our guys are okay. I can't really afford to pay for a 15 minute phone call that costs 25.00.

Take care to all!!

hughesgirl
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know if the inmates get paid for jobs at Adelanto? What kinds of jobs do they have and are they working full or part time?

tillicuagainbro
11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I live in Point Loma, San Diego and I will be going up once a month hopefully starting the beginning of dec. If any of you are close or on the way up there and want to throw in gas money or vise versa, Hey lets help each other out!

And reading the threads I thought i read something about a riot this last past weekend.. I hope all of our guys are okay. I can't really afford to pay for a 15 minute phone call that costs 25.00.

Take care to all!!

just spoke with my brother last night. There was not a riot. You may be confused with Desert View, which is adjacent to Adelanto CCF and there was a "riot" there about 3 weeks ago.

samanthanoelle8
11-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if the inmates get paid for jobs at Adelanto? What kinds of jobs do they have and are they working full or part time?

they get paid a little bit. I dont know if its full or part time. but my man i got a letter today saying he is either getting Kitchen Porter or painter So i dont know. Good luck

samanthanoelle8
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Alright ladies I sent my form in about 2 weeks ago to visit. and I got a response today i was approved yay me lol but the thing is how long does it take to make a visit.? How do i vist? How would i make an appointment? What are we allowed to wear? Im not used to going to prison and i was hoping to see him before the end of january because by then my divorce will be final and my name changes and then id have to do it all over again and i Just need to see him i havnt heard his voice well i have recording of phone conversations but i need to see him so how do i go about now that i got the Pink Approval slip?

sadface08
11-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone!
I have a quick question, i apologize in advance if it has been answered on another post. Is Adelanto closing? and if so when? Thanks a bunch for all your help!

sadface08-

samanthanoelle8
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
i havnt heard anything. Mcfarland and 2 others are but not adelanto i dont think

light at end
12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Here's a link that should help.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453314

sadface08
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
thank you! that helps so much!!

Here's a link that should help.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453314

Cubana
12-05-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/sale-14744-adelanto-state.html

September 29, 2009 8:43 AM

ADELANTO • State officials have approved the city’s request to end its prison contract early (http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/adelanto-13882-approves-council.html), paving the way for a private operator to buy the city-owned prison for $28 million.

Jeresmom
12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I was just approved to visit my son in Adelanto. I have a car but its broke down. It has alot of problems and I dont have the money to fix it. I havent seen him in 8 mos, and this is his 1st prison term. I will help with gas. I live in Lancaster

poolside
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I hope someone comes on to offer you a ride....but, just incase, have you checked the train? Services go from Lancaster/Palmdale to Adelanto.

R4214 R4216 Bus Number R4213 R4215
Daily Daily Days of operation Daily Daily
San Joaquin (http://www.cwrr.com/Amtrak/wc_joaqn.html)
R714 R716 Connecting Train R713 R715
Read down Read up .
C 4:20p C 7:30p Dp Bakersfield, CA Ar C10:00a C 1:05p
D 5:05p D 8:15p Ar Tehachapi - Burger King 8:55a 11:55a
D 5:30p D 8:40p Mojave - McDonalds 8:30a 11:30a
D 5:50p D 9:00p Rosamond - B&K Store 8:05a 11:05a
(Edwards AFB)
D 6:10p D 9:20p Lancaster - Metrolink 7:50a 10:50a
D 6:20p D 9:30p Palmdale - Crazy Otto's 7:35a 10:35a
D 6:35p D 9:45p Littlerock - MB Grocery 7:15a 10:15a
D 7:15p D10:25p Adelanto Jct. - Burger King 6:35a 9:35a
7:25p 10:35p Ar Victorville - Transit Ctr. Dp 6:20a 9:20a

C -- Guaranteed train-bus connection.
D -- Stops only to discharge passengers.
R -- All reserved train or bus.

Operated by Coach USA

http://www.cwrr.com/Amtrak/wc_bkrfd.html#PD

NOT QUITE SURE HOW YOU'D GET FROM THE ADELANTO STATION...THERE MUST BE A BUS!

poolside
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
oops....that scrambled a bit....but, it drops you off at the Adelanto Burger King. Maybe you can find a PTO member to pick you up from there???

bondservant
12-24-2009, 09:37 AM
HI LADIES...well our trip was a short stay at ADELANTO.(approx 5 months).we got transferred back to STATE prison :( ...so sad..anyways have not heard from my babe for 3 weeks , I moved and he did not memorize addy or # , so he wrote his grandmother and she called. Apparently hispoints went back up and he is in ad -seg...I pray nothing ad happened, we only have 5 months left on 85% 5 yr mand.sentence. Did anyone else get transferred yet..was thinking its because of the closure, and he was never supposed to go to a CCF anyway.....any info would help give me peace. Thanks & merry christmas to all....

sunflowergoddes
01-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Does anyone have ANY info on Adelanto CCF? I can't find anything re: visitation? facility info. My husband is being transferred there tomorrow. I was told by a CO at RJ Donovan that I did NOT have to be RE-approved to visit.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me if you can? He hasn't held our son since he was 2 mos! The baby is now 8mos! We have just been able to have visits through glass, I need a contact visit! ASAP This is my first time dealing with anything more than a stupid speeding ticket!

Miss_A
01-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Pop on over to the California section of PTO, I'm sure you'll be able to find some info there.

I did find a thread to help you get started. :)

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432179

J&D7
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Welcome to PTO :) Good luck with your visit!

Cubana
01-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Does anyone have ANY info on Adelanto CCF? I can't find anything re: visitation? facility info. My husband is being transferred there tomorrow. I was told by a CO at RJ Donovan that I did NOT have to be RE-approved to visit.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me if you can? He hasn't held our son since he was 2 mos! The baby is now 8mos! We have just been able to have visits through glass, I need a contact visit! ASAP This is my first time dealing with anything more than a stupid speeding ticket!

yes you need to reapply. but it only takes about a week to get approved.

sadface08
01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone,
Can anyone please tell me how you are suppose to send parole clothing to an inmate? My hubby sent me some little slips that say "parole clothing" but i am not sure where they are suppose to go. If i put them on top of the box they might get ripped off?? I call Adelanto and they never help me and he asked and all they gave him was that slip.

thanks for anyone's help.:(

Cubana
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone,
Can anyone please tell me how you are suppose to send parole clothing to an inmate? My hubby sent me some little slips that say "parole clothing" but i am not sure where they are suppose to go. If i put them on top of the box they might get ripped off?? I call Adelanto and they never help me and he asked and all they gave him was that slip.

thanks for anyone's help.:(

Ok fill out the form if he didnt already. Write ALL OVER THE BOX, Parole clothes. I mean all over. Tape the slip to the top of the box with clear packing tape so that it wont get ripped off. If it doesnt have his name and cdc# put it on the box. When you mail it make sure you get delivery confirmation on it. You mail it just like you would mail him a letter if the slip doesnt have the mailing address already, but it should.:thumbsup:

sadface08
01-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok fill out the form if he didnt already. Write ALL OVER THE BOX, Parole clothes. I mean all over. Tape the slip to the top of the box with clear packing tape so that it wont get ripped off. If it doesnt have his name and cdc# put it on the box. When you mail it make sure you get delivery confirmation on it. You mail it just like you would mail him a letter if the slip doesnt have the mailing address already, but it should.:thumbsup:

Cubana,
Thank you sooooo much for your quick help!:thumbsup:

Jeresmom
01-16-2010, 02:31 AM
My boyfriend was transferred to Adelanto Community Correctional Facility in Adelanto. Is there anyone out there that can give me some information about the visiting and anything else that may be handy?? Please.......
I was just recently approved to visit my son. But I have the visiting regulations. It states visiting Thurs. and Fri.2:00pm-8:00pm Sat. and Sun.8:00am-3:30pm.f you would like more info let me know and I'll be happy to help. I myself hasnt been able to go see my son. Need to find someone to carpool.

sadface08
01-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Good morning,
Does anyone know why visits for side 1 inmates have been cancelled? i was not able to go sat. or sun. :(

thanks

Jeresmom
01-30-2010, 02:37 AM
I'll be visiting my son for the first time and I need info on visiting days and dress code. I don't want to mess up especially on the dress code.

knpj2000
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll be visiting my son for the first time and I need info on visiting days and dress code. I don't want to mess up especially on the dress code.

I have visited in Adelanto and will be going again soon. The hours are: Thurs & Fri, 2:30pm until 6:30pm, Saturday & Sun,, 8:30am until 2:30pm. The dress code is VERY strict. No jeans, no see through, no cleavage showing, shorts just 1" above knee, skirts, 1" above knees, no gang colors, no scarfs, no hats, no gloves, no underwire bras. It is FREEZING in the visiting room!!! Take a sweater for sure!!! There are the standard vending machines, food lousy and expensive. Ice cream is the best thing going there, and soda. I'm not sure how much money you can take in with you now, but there are no change machines so be sure to have single dollar bills and quarters. No games, no tables, you sit in chairs facing each other. Sgt. Hunter (visiting Sgt) is nice but very strict. I am 58, conservative in dress and she had me put a sweater on and button it up to the neck. I had on a regular v-neck t-shirt at the time. The best thing to do is wear a pair of slacks, not green, blue, or red, and a conservative top and bring a sweater. The shoes they don't trip on. There are no metal detectors, or wasn't when I was there in August. The visiting room is small and the officers are right in your lap!! Its not the best set up for visiting but it sure beats not visiting at all. Be sure to have your visiting approved! Even if your loved one was there before and you were approved, you need to send in a new application. Approval does not take long, maybe 2 weeks. Enjoy your visit, I will be there the weekend of 3/4, 3/5 & 3/6. Oh, and there are only 4 visits per month allowed. Enjoy

knpj2000
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
You will need to be reapproved. They told my husband that my approval would follow, and that it would still be good. Then the visiting sgt told me that I need to be reapproved. It doesn't take long to get approved. Visiting hours are thurs & Fri, 2:30pm until 6:30 pm and Saturday & Sunday 8:30 am until 2:30 pm. That is what I was told on the phone. Sgt. Hunter is the visiting sgt. Do you need the mailing address? If you have his dorm and bunk information, I have the mailing address. They are contact visits and it is VERY COLD in the visiting rooms!! I was there when it was over 100 degrees outside and FREEZING in the room. Take a sweater and something to keep the baby warm. PM me if you need more info.

knpj2000
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Good morning,
Does anyone know why visits for side 1 inmates have been cancelled? i was not able to go sat. or sun. :(

thanks
The visits were cancelled because of chicken pox!! It will be 2 weeks minimum before visiting is reopened. I am not here often, but PM me if you need any other information. I will be talking to my husband and see if he has any further information. He just got there, again, last Friday and they went into quarantine on Sunday. At this point only Dorm 1 is canceled, but they will probably stop Dorm 2 if anybody gets the chicken pox. Hope this helped

knpj2000
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello everybody. I am going to be visiting again at Adelanto. i have not been there since last year, May. The last time I was there I didn't find many places to eat other than fast food. I would like to know if anybody can tell me where there is a decent place to eat. I like all types of food. I am going to be there for 4 days and I cannot imagine eating fast food the entire time I am there. And, is Days Inn the only motel in town? I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Jeresmom
02-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I finally had the chance to visit with my son today for the first time, since hes been incarcerated. I was very excited and anxious. He didn't even know I was coming and bringing his children also to visit with him. We were going to surprise him. I just happened to call Adelanto CCF to confirm the dress code and I was told there are no visits until the end of the month there on quarantine due to chicken pox. When I heard that my heart just dropped. Now I need to wait another 3 weeks for a visit I would be leaving right about now to enjoy a visit with my son that I miss alot..So, if anyone is going to Adelanto CCF you won't get a visit.:sad&blue:

Cubana
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Not sure if you have visited him in another prison. Make sure you take the kids birth certificates and and a notarized letter from the kids mom allowing you to take the to the prison to visit.

Sorry you couldnt surprise him with a visit.

sidewalker
02-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Im also sorry you didnt get your visit today. bummer. :(
Hopefully you will be able to at the first part of march and it is a nice day and even nicer visit!

davisusa97
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know how Desert View Modified Community Correctional Facility in Adelanto, CA plans to implement the new early release of non-violent prisoners law that just passed in lat January of 2010? Will they be recalculating inmate's time? Let me know if you have heard anything ASAP. Thanks:confused:

jp2wait
02-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Adelanto's direct number..760-246-7446... Hope you get approved soon and you get to see him.....

jp2wait
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey adelanto... i have some questions regarding parole. If any of you know how this works...please help me out! I got the slip that i'm supposed to put in the box of his clothes, but do they have to be a certain color, pants or shorts? I send the box to the 10400 rancho road right? when i pick him up, i need to be there crazy early right?

Thanks..

sidewalker
02-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Im not sure if its different for ccf's but you can check out this thread
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463530
looks like the folks in there know what to do.

Mrs.Parker~A.N.F.
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I am from the high desert and honestly there isnt any resturants nice to eat at in Adelanto,....Adelanto is still a little more underdeveloped compared to like Hesperia and Victorville....I dont want to get you lost but you can just simply go down Bear Valley Road and you'll hit a jackpot of things...even the only mall there is up there lol :thumbsup: good luck and maybe it would help if you went onto google maps and looked up where bear valley road runs along, it seems simple to me I guess but i have lived there for a while now.:D

Hello everybody. I am going to be visiting again at Adelanto. i have not been there since last year, May. The last time I was there I didn't find many places to eat other than fast food. I would like to know if anybody can tell me where there is a decent place to eat. I like all types of food. I am going to be there for 4 days and I cannot imagine eating fast food the entire time I am there. And, is Days Inn the only motel in town? I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Jeresmom
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
You might try calling Adelanto first. Because I was going to go visit my son last weekend and I just happened to call to ask a ?. And they stated no visit until the end of the month. They are under quarintine due to chicken pox. I'm also going to call and check.

guinyardanna
03-03-2010, 01:06 AM
you can send any color dress out you wish as long as its not gang related.

jssunshine
03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know how Desert View Modified Community Correctional Facility in Adelanto, CA plans to implement the new early release of non-violent prisoners law that just passed in lat January of 2010? Will they be recalculating inmate's time? Let me know if you have heard anything ASAP. Thanks:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. When I asked him about he said he hadn't heard anything about it. I see no one has replied to your message, but if you find out let me know and if I find out then I will let you know.

guinyardanna
03-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Has any one else heard that the adelanto facilty is being closed down.My husband gets out sunday and he says there transfering out any one not going home soon due to closure