View Full Version : TPM changed to PIC Month date...What does that mean?

chuieycuzca22
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
My husband had a TPM set for 11/2010 and a PIC month for 7/2010. Now the website shows his TPM as 7/2010. Does that mean he his TPM moved up and he still gets a PIC month or just now it's set for 7/2010 and that's it? Don't get me wrong, every little bit helps but I just wonder what it means.

thanks! :)

Ali2335
08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
My husband had a TPM set for 11/2010 and a PIC month for 7/2010. Now the website shows his TPM as 7/2010. Does that mean he his TPM moved up and he still gets a PIC month or just now it's set for 7/2010 and that's it? Don't get me wrong, every little bit helps but I just wonder what it means.

That is wonderful, he will be home sooner! I pray something like that will happen for my hubby. Call the hearing examiner's office and ask them what's the deal with it.

Ali

Mommy4Two
08-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I would assume that maybe they regridded him and decided to honor his PIC month... Hopefully he can get a new PIC month too!! Wouldn't that be great!

Babygirl "P"
08-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm glad that the PIC does exsist for someone. Go 4 u guys!!!:)That is wonderful, he will be home sooner! I pray something like that will happen for my hubby. Call the hearing examiner's office and ask them what's the deal with it.

Ali

Mommy4Two
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm glad that the PIC does exsist for someone. Go 4 u guys!!!:)

It does and here's the info from the PB's website... If it regards to you and your situation...

Performance Incentive Credit Program
In 1992, the Georgia Legislature passed a law creating an inmate performance incentive credit program (PIC). Eligible inmates may have their TPM advanced a few months by satisfactory progress in education/treatment programs, work, and good behavior. At the time of parole consideration, if parole is tentatively scheduled, the Parole Board will set a TPM and a PIC date. The time between the two dates will be the maximum amount of time that a TPM can be advanced for good conduct in prison. There is no limit on how much time can be added to a TPM for poor performance by the inmate.
The following categories of parole-eligible inmates are not eligible for the PIC proram.
Life sentences
TPM set at one-third of sentence
In a work release program
In a boot camp
Sentenced to two years or less
No TPM set (parole denied).

Shortly before the PIC review date, prison officials send the Parole Board a report detailing the inmate’s institutional conduct, attitude and participation in rehabilitative programming, with a recommendation whether the Parole Board should advance or delay the TPM. Regardless of this recommendation, a final decision to grant or deny Performance Incentive Credits is left to the Board’s discretion. Poor institutional conduct by an inmate often causes the Board to delay the TPM or to deny parole entirely.

chuieycuzca22
08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
It does and here's the info from the PB's website... If it regards to you and your situation...

Well now that is interesting. it says you are not eligible for PIC if you are doing work release. I wonder if that means currently in work release or recommended for work release. my husband is going to be transferred to work release once he completes these classes he is taking. :confused: So....man I don't understand the GDC or Parole Board at all....

Mommy4Two
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Well now that is interesting. it says you are not eligible for PIC if you are doing work release. I wonder if that means currently in work release or recommended for work release. my husband is going to be transferred to work release once he completes these classes he is taking. :confused: So....man I don't understand the GDC or Parole Board at all....

I don't get it either... I was told my hubby wasn't eligible for a PIC because of the RSAT program, but I've had several people on here tell me that their men were going to RSAT and they got PIC months... And I saw on here too where a lady's husband had to do work release, but also got a PIC month.

A lady at the PB told me that they don't issue PIC months to the inmates in these programs because of time constraints, basically... She said that with the way the programs are and the space being limited and not knowing exactly when an inmate will go into one of those programs, they don't give them PIC months because it limits the time they have to get them into the program...

just ice
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Does anyone ever get real news from the Parole Board Examiner??? I've been 3 times in 10 years and they just say that my husband is doing good with no DR's.. I've written all members on the Parole Board but want to know how to get answers!! thanks everyone! Also My husband has taken a lot of classes, and has written 4 books, 30 short stories, designed (master carpenter class) houses...does this info ever get sent to the Parole Board? My hubby's counselor said they put it into the computer but he's done 54% of his time is a great disciplined inmate, etcand still no break on his sentence (we filed habeas on unfair sentencing but it didn't pass) we own our home, he has jobs waiting for him...what the hell??? I am beginning to think the Parole Board never communicates with counselors or the DOC... Thanks...help!!!

waitn4mybaby
08-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I was also told that because my bf was in RSAT he wasn't eligible for a PIC date. When I talked to him today though he said some of the class that is graduating on Sept 17 were just notified this week of the change in their tpm and that some are being released the day after graduation and others the next week.

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 12:33 AM
I was also told that because my bf was in RSAT he wasn't eligible for a PIC date. When I talked to him today though he said some of the class that is graduating on Sept 17 were just notified this week of the change in their tpm and that some are being released the day after graduation and others the next week.

Yes, this is what happens... I spoke with the gentleman at the PB who does this TPM change... He gets a list of all the grads, looks at the files and changes the TPMs... There are some restrictions, but he said he can usually change most of them...

And the timing is just what he told me too... He said for my hubby's class, which is graduating on Dec. 17th, that he would get the list in the middle of November... It would take him about a week to get all the files situated and get the TPMs changed, paperwork done, etc... Then they would forward the files to another department that handles inmate releases and then notify the inmates... Sounded about like 2 weeks turn around time, so 13 days from the middle of the month is almost exact!

I only wish they could do this TPM change sooner!!!! Oh well, sooner rather than later is still better than not at all!!!

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 06:56 AM
I know we should just be happy they are getting out a little sooner and believe me I am, it's just that getting close to the end is a little nerve racking and it would be so nice to just have a date. My bf's class graduates November 5, 67 more days. I'm really feeling the anxiety and pressure of getting everything ready for him to be home. My nerves are shot.

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
My hubby graduates Dec. 17th and I'm already getting prepared!!! I started getting his clothes out and buying him soap and deodorant, etc... He said he wants everything out and in place, like he was here alll along... It makes me sooooo excited just thinking about it!!!! :D

mrs.russell
08-30-2009, 11:13 AM
My husband has to take the re-entry program and it ends Nov. 20th. Does anyone know if they are released soon after they finished the program?

I want to start getting ready and laying out my hubby's things too!!:D

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I will be so happy when all this waiting is over. I'm very impatient and I know this last little bit will probably be the hardest for me. I really wish he could get out sooner cause our son will have his first birthday on October 16, but I know that's not going to happen.

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I will be so happy when all this waiting is over. I'm very impatient and I know this last little bit will probably be the hardest for me. I really wish he could get out sooner cause our son will have his first birthday on October 16, but I know that's not going to happen.

Aww... My oldest daughter's gonna be 7 at the end of January and she says she wants her Daddy home for her 7th birthday. She'll say he wasn't here when I turned 4, 5 or 6, but maybe he can be here when I turn 7!! We're hoping that with his TPM being changed because of RSAT, that maybe he will be! I think they're gonna change his TPM to 01/01/2010, but we'll still probably have to wait because of the Interstate Compact transfer he's having to do... It really stinks, but we gotta do it!

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 03:46 PM
We also have a 7 year old son. Why is it taking so long for the interstate compact? Can't they go ahead and be processing that part of it now? I was thinking about moving to Alabama at one point, but I was afraid of it keeping him in longer so I stayed here. I sure hope your hubby can make it in time for her b-day!!!!

Mommy4Two
08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Well, the Interstate Compact in itself is frustrating... Lots of papers (or emails now I suppose) going from one person to another... counselor at prison, IC office in ATL, IC office in Birmingham, AL local parole office and then back again through those same offices, but in reverse order! And that's if there are no hang ups in between offices, file's complete and not missing anything, etc... Well, in order to request this type of transfer he has to be within 120 days (4 months) of his TPM... So, with his TPM being 04/01/2010 he can't even apply for the compact transfer until Nov. 31, 2009, which would normally be 4 months time... But, if everything goes as planned, he'll have his TPM changed to 01/01/2010 by the end of November (list of graduates will go to PB by middle of November and TPMs will be changed by the end of Nov.) So, the Compact offices will only have from the end of November until the beginning of January to get it done in order for him to be released by 01/01/2010... Basically they're gonna have 1 month to do what normally requires 4 months!!!! *sorry if it's confusing, I tried to be detailed so it would make sense, but it got more confusing*

I'm hoping that with the new electronic systems up and going and everyone having time to learn the new system that it will go more smoothly by that time... And he also has an awesome counselor right now! When he was first transfered to Johnson SP the counselor told him he was gonna ahead and request the transfer packet and when my hubby asked about the 120 days prior to TPM, the counselor told him that he'd still give it a try and see if he couldn't get it going sooner!!!! So, we're praying for a small miracle!!! :D

I hope he makes it too... Just today at the store she said something about her Dad being at her birthday party and when I said, "We hope he's gonna be there..." She got so upset with me!!! :( It makes me sad sometimes, but it's almost over!!!

waitn4mybaby
08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
That is crazy!!!! Well, I hope it all goes through quickly. This anticipation is killing me. I guess when you get this close to the end you are just like f**k it, just let him out already!!!!! :D

Ali2335
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM

Hey,

I was looking back through and giving an update. My husband's TPM was originally 9/10, I called and spoke with a hearing examiner last week and they told me that his PIC was granted and it is now 5/10. I checked the website and it has been updated YAY!!! My hubby also told me that he is on the shipping list! And away to the Transition Center we go!

Narsiffm
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I hen am wondering...rsat is that the re-entry class? So you are saying when they finish this class PB is notified. If they have been a good inmate ,no DR's there is someone at PB that looks at this and moves an inmates PIC date up sooner??? Is this what you are saying?? Thanks

Yes, this is what happens... I spoke with the gentleman at the PB who does this TPM change... He gets a list of all the grads, looks at the files and changes the TPMs... There are some restrictions, but he said he can usually change most of them...

And the timing is just what he told me too... He said for my hubby's class, which is graduating on Dec. 17th, that he would get the list in the middle of November... It would take him about a week to get all the files situated and get the TPMs changed, paperwork done, etc... Then they would forward the files to another department that handles inmate releases and then notify the inmates... Sounded about like 2 weeks turn around time, so 13 days from the middle of the month is almost exact!

I only wish they could do this TPM change sooner!!!! Oh well, sooner rather than later is still better than not at all!!!

Mommy4Two
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I hen am wondering...rsat is that the re-entry class? So you are saying when they finish this class PB is notified. If they have been a good inmate ,no DR's there is someone at PB that looks at this and moves an inmates PIC date up sooner??? Is this what you are saying?? Thanks

Sorry, but I don't think RSAT is the re-entry class you're referring to... They are two separate things... I'm not sure how the TPM/PIC works with the re-entry class... I have seen a few postings about the re-entry class here on PTO, so maybe you could find those and ask those who have been through it already!!! :D

drkangel127
09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
My hubby graduates Dec. 17th and I'm already getting prepared!!! I started getting his clothes out and buying him soap and deodorant, etc... He said he wants everything out and in place, like he was here alll along... It makes me sooooo excited just thinking about it!!!! :D

mommy is your husband mandated for work release? and did your husband just come from Scott to Johnson? My Husband is graduating Dec 17th too. well his paper says Wk Rlse is recommended..lol But the officers keep telling him that he will most likely go home because its been 2 yrs no dr's and he was on trustee status lived at the Fire house before RSAT and now he is up for Dorm rep, just well respected I guess I don't know but they keep telling him this it's aggravating it's like ok do ya'll know something we don't...lol As I said earlier his TPM has already moved once we didnt even know I just happened to look it up one day .My kids and I would love it !!! I am moving soon I guess I better stick with my date and get moved by NOV just incase!!!:thumbsup:

Mommy4Two
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
mommy is your husband mandated for work release? and did your husband just come from Scott to Johnson? My Husband is graduating Dec 17th too. well his paper says Wk Rlse is recommended..lol But the officers keep telling him that he will most likely go home because its been 2 yrs no dr's and he was on trustee status lived at the Fire house before RSAT and now he is up for Dorm rep, just well respected I guess I don't know but they keep telling him this it's aggravating it's like ok do ya'll know something we don't...lol As I said earlier his TPM has already moved once we didnt even know I just happened to look it up one day .My kids and I would love it !!! I am moving soon I guess I better stick with my date and get moved by NOV just incase!!!:thumbsup:

No work release and yes, he came from Scott to Johnson!

Narsiffm
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I would assume that maybe they regridded him and decided to honor his PIC month... Hopefully he can get a new PIC month too!! Wouldn't that be great!th??/

Does that happen ...... TPM changed to pick month and then another pic month and released sooner????

Narsiffm
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry, but I don't think RSAT is the re-entry class you're referring to... They are two separate things... I'm not sure how the TPM/PIC works with the re-entry class... I have seen a few postings about the re-entry class here on PTO, so maybe you could find those and ask those who have been through it already!!! :D

What does RSAT Stand for??

kae
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey there Narsiffm

Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program. An inmate finds out if s/he is required to complete the course when s/he receives a grid from the parole board. Do a search in this forum if you want to find out more info about RSAT.

Mommy4Two
09-13-2009, 04:52 PM
th??/

Does that happen ...... TPM changed to pick month and then another pic month and released sooner????

I've never seen it, but you never know... I always just assumed when the TPM changed to the PIC, that was that... But that's pretty far in advance to just change the TPM to the PIC... Maybe if she's received any further information, chuiey can update for us...