View Full Version : 1st PFV, need answers please.

Kristyn Garneau
07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Hey my name is Kristyn & after over a year of waitting, my boyfriend (father of my 4 month old son) & I have been aprouved for family visitting. I have my first visit on the 17th, & I'm very nervous as to how it will go. I've been down for open visits already and everything went fine (except the warnings to quit touching each other lol).
My son & I will be taking a bus down so I was just looking for some answers so that we don't get stranded.
We are going to a medium security facility in Gravenhurst, Ontario.

My questions at the moment or fears in other words are about the ion drug scanner, the things I am aloud to bring for my son, ect.
Mainly I'm wondering if you've smoked pot recently but wash all of your clothes & items, will it sill pick it up..?
I don't smoke often but I went to a party.. was drinking and happened to smoke with a friend last night... so I'm afraid of being denied ?
If anyone can help me out that would be great,thanks.

Michaels_girl
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
They should have sent you a list of items that you are allowed to bring in... if not contact the prison and ask them...

Make sure you WASH and vaccuum your suitcases becuase they take everything out and check it... and make sure you wash all your clothes and everything you are bringing in and keep them seperate from everything and anything else...

make sure you don't bring anything with alcohol in the ingredients (facewash and creams etc.) depending on the prison they may or may not let you bring in your own soap shampoo and conditioner... if you can put them in clear plastic containers so they can see whats in the bottles...

you cannot bring towels, sheets, blankets, pillows etc. so make sure you only bring what you need nothing extra.

When I went for visits you could rent movies from a known video store but you needed the recipt...

I think for kids stuff you are allowed to bring in some things for toys but there are some trailers that already have children's items there...

Your best bet is to contact the prison and get a list from them though becuase every prison is different and rules change soooo frequently...

Good Luck and enjoy your time with your man!!

Just remember to clean clean clean!!!!

tiggy1
08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey my name is Kristyn & after over a year of waitting, my boyfriend (father of my 4 month old son) & I have been aprouved for family visitting. I have my first visit on the 17th, & I'm very nervous as to how it will go. I've been down for open visits already and everything went fine (except the warnings to quit touching each other lol).
My son & I will be taking a bus down so I was just looking for some answers so that we don't get stranded.
We are going to a medium security facility in Gravenhurst, Ontario.

My questions at the moment or fears in other words are about the ion drug scanner, the things I am aloud to bring for my son, ect.
Mainly I'm wondering if you've smoked pot recently but wash all of your clothes & items, will it sill pick it up..?
I don't smoke often but I went to a party.. was drinking and happened to smoke with a friend last night... so I'm afraid of being denied ?
If anyone can help me out that would be great,thanks.

The ION scanner isnt what you should worry about. There are also dogs that come and sniff you. Make sure if you have partied the previous day to wash you hands, rings, etc.. The ION scanner is a swab that the CO rubs on a random item of clothing, accesory, shoes whatever they choose, then put the swab in a machine that test for traces of any type of narcotic. Tabacco is not aloud either. Dont make the mistake of trying to smuggle anything in. I have seen some girls get sent home and loose visitation privlages.
Hope this helps

tamirar
08-22-2009, 10:44 AM
The ION scanner isnt what you should worry about. There are also dogs that come and sniff you. Make sure if you have partied the previous day to wash you hands, rings, etc.. The ION scanner is a swab that the CO rubs on a random item of clothing, accesory, shoes whatever they choose, then put the swab in a machine that test for traces of any type of narcotic. Tabacco is not aloud either. Dont make the mistake of trying to smuggle anything in. I have seen some girls get sent home and loose visitation privlages.
Hope this helps

I don't have PFV yet BUT I got arrested at my last visit (charges dropped that even) and sent home and lost visiting privileges because they thought I had contraband-- even though it was proven that I did not. :angry:

They just like to be dicks I guess...