View Full Version : Best time to go for special visit - Polunsky Prison Unit - TX

surfergirl808
07-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Hello,
What is the best time of day to go visit my loved one? I got approved for a special visit but was told after 2 hours if it is crowded I wouldn't be able to get the other 2 so I am wondering if going in the afternoon is best. Is it slower in the afternoon? any info appreciated.

Tuffy79
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I've only been in the afternoon and it's usually not too crowded. Also, if you have contact, ask for outside. There's hardly anyone outside and it's quieter, too. Hope this helps.

Hello,
What is the best time of day to go visit my loved one? I got approved for a special visit but was told after 2 hours if it is crowded I wouldn't be able to get the other 2 so I am wondering if going in the afternoon is best. Is it slower in the afternoon? any info appreciated.

putergirl
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been in the morning and early afternoon. Mornings are always busy! I was there last week and my time ended at 2pm and it was practically empty! If you have a special visit, don't go too late cause they stop visits at 5pm (I believe).

RedzReyna
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I visited this weekend for the first time; I was there at the unit and in line @ 7:30 and there were already 18 cars in front of me. So for you Saturday visit I would get there really early because as the others have said it gets pack. I left the unit @ 11:30ish and the Contact Visit areas were PACKED; when I walked out of the unit there was still a line outside.

From what I heard on Sundays' it's best to go in the afternoons because there is hardly anyone there but as to the previous post she is right they stop visits @ 5pm so since you have a 4 hour visit I would try to be there at least by 10 incase there in a wait if not EARLY morning. Good LucK! Hope this helped!

joyfulflower
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I just got approved yesterday for my special visits for end of September yehaaa, now as I read the posts I do think that I'm going in the afternoon. My second day is Wednesday, so I have to be there in the morning anyway....

So, visiting in the afternoon *triestorememberthat*

ShoesHappen
08-06-2009, 11:37 AM
If you're visiting Death Row it's outside regular visiting hours and you don't have to worry about lines. Especially not on weekday mornings ...