View Full Version : Son being threatened - how do we handle it?

Fae
07-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Some of the other inmates are giving my son trouble about the snacks he gets from canteen and I fear they may assault him and harm him and take the snacks. I am afraid for his safety. He has asked me to put half of the canteen money in another inmate's name and half in his. He says they will leave him alone if they don't see him getting snacks and that they won't bother the other guy. He says the other guy has helped him out in the past and has always been fair to him but I am very concerned. Does anyone have advice for me? I don't know what to do. Thanks

jlj2
08-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Fae.... tomorrow is commissary for smci. Tell your son to purchase a new lock for his locker if he thinks some one might take his stuff when he is not in eye view of it. I would really question your son good about this idea he has of putting half of his money in someone elses name.

nimuay
08-01-2009, 06:05 PM
it's generally not a good idea to put any money on anyone else's account . . . most f the times that happens there's some kind of blackmail going on or debt to be paid.

Fae
08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Well I may have already done the wrong thing. I put half on my son's canteen and half on the other's. They are not taking anything from my son's locker but they are are saying he owes them from when he borrowed a long time ago when he was on restriction and are threatening him if he does not pay. He said he paid them back but they say he still owes. The one I put the money on is not involved with the ones that say he owes. At least thats what my son says and he is usually truthful...but I may not do it again. We'll see how it goes this month. I just don't want him to get beat up. He is an adopted foster child and a little slow and even if he wasn't he wouldn't stand a chance if a bunch of them jumped on him.

motherof2inpin
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello Just concerned after I read your post I am a mom who has dealt with prison systems though out this state and this one I know inside out ,rules ,inmates, how things work, way way to well, I was wondering how your son is today I pray he is ok..I would like to help you out just email me and May God be with you and your son I have been where you are before..Very painfull!

maximus zakulla
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
What kind of threat are we talkin here? Gang, extortion? What? U want to have different responses.