View Full Version : Holmes C I .....no fruit???

lin787
07-26-2009, 04:20 PM
No fruit in Holmes ci????? What the....How can..... :angry:

SapphireRose137
07-26-2009, 04:40 PM
No fruit in Holmes ci????? What the....How can..... :angry:

My guy who is at Jefferson CI said yesterday that they have not had any fresh fruit in a few weeks and that they would not be getting any more canned fruit soon. They don't have the funds for these luxuries.... who thought an apple or canned peaches would be a luxurie

ricoswifey
07-27-2009, 08:05 AM
My husband works inside grounds at Holmes cutting the grass & all, and he said they (not him but another group of inmates) have been growing fresh fruits & vegetables....He told me a few days ago they had watermelon...idk if that was everyone though or just them...

ben's girl
07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Ben is not at Holmes, but we were just talking about this yesterday (not sure why), but he was telling me they get bananas on Friday's. Mind you he said there weren't enough for all of the guys, but they did have them. So I don't think it's "a luxury" thing, but someone feeding him a line of BS as to why they haven't had them. Make an inquiry to find out for yourself.

lin787
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I sent a couple of emails to some big wigs about the fruit and several more issues. I know someone is looking into what I told them. We shall see.

The fruit is sent in by keeblers co I think they said. Fruit/?? for heavens sake, we live in fruit country.

ricoswifey
07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Hopefully they will do something about it...we'll see...my husband said yesterday they had apple sauce & cake with pineapple in it...so i guess that was their "fruit" huh....

ejordan865
07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
My fiance said that they are also going to do away with either breakfast or lunch...can you believe that?? That way there will only be two meals per day. Also if you dont work a five day work week that they were taking their boots and handing out bobos...what the heck????:angry:

ben's girl
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
My fiance said that they are also going to do away with either breakfast or lunch...can you believe that?? That way there will only be two meals per day. Also if you dont work a five day work week that they were taking their boots and handing out bobos...what the heck????:angry:

It's always been that inmates with certain jobs are the ones that get boots. They barely have enough shoes to go around and not everyone has family that 1) communicate with them at all or 2) can afford to send them money to buy tennis shoes.

lin787
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
there is veggies growing at Holmes, but thats all I know for sure. I was not told anything today from the people I spoke with at Holmes about meals being cut down, I sure hope its just a rumor. Or the could get the big hog out of the kitchen and there would be more food to go around (rumor I heard)

lin787
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
The visiting canteen has little fruit cups. 53 cents I think. I get my inmate 2 each day,, at least hes getting some.

No fruit in an orange tree orchards all over the place, and prisoners cant have an orange?? Anyone know email addys for major orange growers? they might be willing to send the oranges they dont use, might even be a tax deduction for them@@@@