View Full Version : Sending paper sheets? to Polunsky Prison Unit - TX

joyfulflower
07-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Hello all :)

I have a pen pal in Polunsky since earlier this year, whom I will visit this September (excited!!!)

I do add a little extra to letter to my other pen pals. F.e. paper sheets with their names printed on it. I couldn't find any info if this is allowed at Polunsky? Please enlighten me :)

someone going to visit by the end of September as well?

Greenfinch
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Joyfulflower,
I can't answer your question for sure, but I know polunsky can be difficult about enclosures. My understanding for example is that even postcards or photos are supposed to have something written on the back [anything will do!] otherwise it may be classed as "contraband".
So I may be wrong [I hope I am wrong] but the thing you have described might not be OK.
I hope someone else can answer for sure.
all the best
Greenfinch:)

putergirl
07-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Didn't quite understand... are you saying that you enclose blank paper sheets? If that is the case, then you are not allowed to do that. My mother tried to do that with my brother and they always trash it. I also read on the rules that you can't do that.
So we started using inmatepaper.com to send him sheets of paper.
Hope that helps!

joyfulflower
07-19-2009, 01:50 PM
blank sheets with his name on it on the upper corner. I know about totally blank paper, but not sure about his name on it

gypsysmagician
07-25-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't think you can enclose any sheets and surely none with his name imprinted on there.
Any kind of stationery has to be sent by some approved supplies like Amazon or office supplies companies. I even once had difficulties when a store that normally is approved wanted to send a package of envelopes that was openened as they did not have a whole package at the moment and he needed some. So they refused that even though the lady told me she called the mailing room and they said it would be ok. So, I would not risk it and to my knowledge the inmates are not even allowed themselves to imprint their names on the sheets.

joyfulflower
08-14-2009, 03:26 PM
too bad, thank you all for your answers

Faith & God
08-14-2009, 05:26 PM
i just had some paper sent to my husband .i used office max and they have it on sale at this time.I sent 500 sheets for $3.00 pls shipping. take crae & God Bless