View Full Version : Mail Question - Polunsky Prison Unit - TX

Sweety66
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Does anyone knows if the mailroom is slow again? I am just wondering if he has written to me because I havenīt received one of his letters for 3 weeks now. Okay I live overseas so mail is always slow. But 3 weeks are quite a long time. Maybe anyone has some Infos for me.
Thank you
sweety66:thumbsup:

We will never lose hope!!!!

Danigran
07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Does anyone knows if the mailroom is slow again? I am just wondering if he has written to me because I havenīt received one of his letters for 3 weeks now. Okay I live overseas so mail is always slow. But 3 weeks are quite a long time. Maybe anyone has some Infos for me.
Thank you
sweety66:thumbsup:

We will never lose hope!!!!

From what I've been told yes the mail room is slow AGAIN! Lack of staffing but the mail room ladies have told my man that the administration has cut the hours. Not sure if thats correct or not. Mark got 15 of my letters in one day! They held them that long! Very disrespectful!

Sweety66
07-09-2009, 06:26 AM
15 letters on one day? Thatīs so depressing to know. And most of the days they have to go without mail and they are wondering where we are.
Really ridiculous!!!:mad:

pmitch10
07-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Wow!

Tuffy79
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I get my letters pretty regular. I get one a day but it usually skips one or two days a week. I did just get one yesterday that he wrote June 11 with the one he wrote this past weekend. Idk. Pretty crazy. Just hang in there, you'll get them eventually. One week I didn't get any then got 3 one day and 3 the next.

Sweety66
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I will always hang in there. I am strong for him. And it is possible that he run out of stamps and they had no chance to go to commisary for two weeks now. So I will wait and see.
Nothing ever can scare me away
sweety66:p

Danigran
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I will always hang in there. I am strong for him. And it is possible that he run out of stamps and they had no chance to go to commisary for two weeks now. So I will wait and see.
Nothing ever can scare me away
sweety66:p

Good for you!
I'm not going anywhere either but I think if it were up to the Unit, I would!:D

ShoesHappen
07-09-2009, 03:11 PM
The outgoing mail has not been delayed for me at all, his letters get mailed out the same day he drops them off and then take a day or two to get to me. Mine only take 3-4 days to get to him.

According to Huntsville the mail room is fully staffed right now. Hours have not been cut and there are no plans for doing so.

Right now they're on shake down so things run slower than usual. Also, there is no commissary so if he is out of stamps he is out of luck until the shake down is over.

Danigran
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
The outgoing mail has not been delayed for me at all, his letters get mailed out the same day he drops them off and then take a day or two to get to me. Mine only take 3-4 days to get to him.

According to Huntsville the mail room is fully staffed right now. Hours have not been cut and there are no plans for doing so.

Right now they're on shake down so things run slower than usual. Also, there is no commissary so if he is out of stamps he is out of luck until the shake down is over.

Who did you speak to? I know our mail is being held up for sure. He was so worried about me then he gets bombarded with 15 letters from me. And it's not just mine, his pen pals are having the same issue. Makes no sense and this was way before lockdown started. Not sure what's up.

ShoesHappen
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I call the mail administrator in Huntsville.
I'm sure it depends on whether the offender is in GP or Ad Seg or DR and whether there is any kind of issue that makes them look at that inmate's mail any closer than anothers.

Danigran
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I call the mail administrator in Huntsville.
I'm sure it depends on whether the offender is in GP or Ad Seg or DR and whether there is any kind of issue that makes them look at that inmate's mail any closer than anothers.

Yeah it seems that they have 48 hours to get his mail out, according to them (Huntsville). Coming in is probably more difficult to prove.
It's irrating.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Angry Snout
07-13-2009, 12:56 AM
When I started to write to my friend he warned me the mail system can be erratic. I've been waiting to receive a letter from him for 3 weeks. Hope it comes any day. And I hope your mail sorts itself out too

Halo666
07-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi there,
i got my letters regularly in 3 week or less than this.no problems at all.

Danigran
07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi there,
i got my letters regularly in 3 week or less than this.no problems at all.

Well that's awesume for you!!! Wish I could say the same... Oh wait... I can! I usually get mine in 3 weeks or less... only difference is I live less than an hour from him! :(

RedzReyna
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Omg! I just started writing to a friend about a month or less and the mail has been pretty good lately. But he did write me and I got his letter on Saturday and was basically saying that he wanted to write because he hadn't heard from me - that really ticked me off because I mailed out something everyday last week he should have gotten something; then I got a letter from him Monday and he mentioned that he got my letter, card, and pictures so hopefully the mail won't be an issue for too long; guess we'll see if I get something tomorrow bcuz I got nothing today.

gypsysmagician
07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, the past few days mail was ok, my letter of today was dated Jul. 13, and was mailed out the next day, so that will be 5 days to overseas. But last week was awful and I did not get a letter the whole week which normally would never happen. It is always up and down I guess.