View Full Version : Looking for "The Q" - old member

aniyunwiya
07-05-2009, 03:14 AM
What are the rules on being a correctional officer and being able to visit someone you know in prison?

I am The Q:) . I was a Nevada State Corrections officer. If there are any questions about what is happening in the NDOC or want to know anything else that is going on well I will see what I can do.

Beware of Warden James Schomig.:angry:

aniyunwiya
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Does the Q still post on here? I have tried e-mailing the NDOC to find out the rules and regulations before going to my physical test and want to make sure that I am still allowed to visit or talk to my friend. If anyone knows the answers please let me know I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mrs.Official05
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Does the Q still post on here? I have tried e-mailing the NDOC to find out the rules and regulations before going to my physical test and want to make sure that I am still allowed to visit or talk to my friend. If anyone knows the answers please let me know I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I actually have not seen him on here since Sept. of '08.

I'm sorry, is your question about a current correctional officer visiting a current inmate of NDOC?

If it is, I researched it and found this: http://www.doc.nv.gov/ar/pdf/AR719.pdf
on page 3, number 7 it states:
Visits Between Current Employees and Current Inmates
No current employee of the Nevada Department of Prisons will be allowed to visit any inmate in the Nevada Department of Prisons unless prior written approval is received from the Director. This responsibility cannot be delegated. Consideration will only be given for current employees to visit immediate family members only.

PM me if you have any questions. Maybe I can help you. Good Luck

aniyunwiya
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
No, I have my psychical test in October for a NDOC officer. I currently have a friend in prison that I've known for 20 years, and he told me that I wouldn't be allowed to see him if I was a CO, I haven't found any rules or regulations stating that I cannot see him, but I have not received an answer from NDOC saying that it's okay either. I don't want to jeapordize anything on either end, by choosing this career path, but on the other hand, by going this route one person can always make a difference in how people are treated in the system. With that statement alone, I might not even pass the physchological evaluation. :confused:

Mrs.Official05
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
No, I have my psychical test in October for a NDOC officer. I currently have a friend in prison that I've known for 20 years, and he told me that I wouldn't be allowed to see him if I was a CO, I haven't found any rules or regulations stating that I cannot see him, but I have not received an answer from NDOC saying that it's okay either. I don't want to jeapordize anything on either end, by choosing this career path, but on the other hand, by going this route one person can always make a difference in how people are treated in the system. With that statement alone, I might not even pass the physchological evaluation. :confused:

I just pm'd you.:)