View Full Version : Info on Brwn Creek

babyd'smom
06-23-2009, 09:22 AM
My son was transfered today to Brown Creek. Does anyone have a loved on there that can give me info. on visits,phones,programs etc etc. Thanks in advance.

Debbie

tracey958
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi Debbie - My brother was at Brown Creek for a while so I think I can help. All visits are by appointment only. They offer 2 hour visits on Monday-Thursday and 1 hour visits on Sunday. When you go to visit make sure you get there atleast 20 minutes early to sign in and be prepared to climb steps (unless you are handicapped). The visits are pretty strict - no food or drinks, remain seated the whole time, no overly extended goodbyes. The phones are on from 8am-10:30am, 12noon-3pm, and 5pm-9pm, 10 minute calls.The guards are pretty good about allowing you privacy to talk though. It's a decent camp but my brother had problems getting into programs and getting a job. There are long waiting lists for most of the programs as there are around 900 inmates on the camp. If your son has a good programmer, that will make all the difference. Overall my brother did not have any real problems while there. Best of luck to you and your son.

babyd'smom
07-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Thank you for the info. Do you know how long it took him to get into a program? How long was he there. We have heard its hard to make Minimum from that camp.