View Full Version : Questions & Info (Only) McCain Valley Fire Camp #21

gigi89106
06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I have a son who is at McCain Valley. But I am unable to find info on the fire camp. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. Any help will be useful.

Hiswifey1
06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Mccain fire camp is in Boulevard, thats in the eastern part of San Diego. The phone # is (619) 766-4412. If your going to write a letter the address is c.c # 21 p.o. box 1620 Boulevard,ca. 91905. It's a pretty good camp. :)

jandj
10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
My husband was just transferred to CC #21 and I am trying to find any information about camp visiting. Were you able to find any information that you might be able to share with me?

gigi89106
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
The only info is what I found onine. And info my sontells me when he calls. He said it was laid back. Al the inmates get along. Everyone is trying to finish up their time so they could go home. My son was fighting the Station fires and 2 thers which the names excape me right now. Mysonwas on the backfire crew. He got a promotion about 2 weeks ago Can you email me privately? (removed per PTO policy)
DruAnn

GarysGirlSD
04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I am interested in finding out information on the McCain Fire Camp in San Diego, CA (Boulevard). I want to know about visiting, foods we can bring, clothes to wear, etc. Anything! thanks

Shari
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
If no one comes along to answer your questions you best bet is to call the camp. The CO's at the camps are usually really nice and willing to answer all your questions. It is nothing like calling the prisons. Sorry I can not help you I never dealt with this camp and I do not know anyone off hand that has.

A pretty general answer would be that they are not as strick about the dress code as they are at the prisons. Pretty much no blue jeans, nothing that would look like what the guys or the CO's wear. There is usually no metal detectors so underwire bras are allowed. Usually at the camps you can bring in pretty much what you want. A lot of the camps have BBQ's to use, and some allow fast food. There are even a few that allow home made food. There is no vending machines usually at the camps so you bring in what you want. I know when I visited at my guys camp we made hamburgers one day and the next day I brought in deli sandwhiches. I also brought in soda, bottled water, lots of sweets, chips and stuff like that.

Like I said you best bet is to call the camp and they will help you .

Imani
05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Since all Fire Camps are still under the jurisdiction of the CDCR, they still follow the bulk of the rules for visiting and family visits established by the CDCR. However dress codes in some camps may be more relaxed then other institutions. Below are 2 links with specific information. Please note some camps will allow home cooked meals and some only allow store bought foods for regular visits. For Family Visits in some camps the food have to be ordered from the institution others do not. Not all camps offer Family Visits. Please check with the camp prior to your visit for rules and regulations etc. If you have any new and updated information on this particular camp please share in this thread so others can benefit.

Thank you

Visiting Procedures and Policies (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=916546&postcount=3)

Family Visits/Procedure/Rules/Minor Participation/Eligibility (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1051551&postcount=31)

GMAC98
05-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I just went to visit my husband at McCain Valley Camp today for the first time. Visits are from 9:00am-3:00pm. You are allowed to take home made food, store bought food, or you might try to BBQ. You can take everything except for glass containers, or open drinks. The dress code is pretty laid back, similar to other camps. It is VERY COLD and WINDY, so dress warm. Pretend you are going to the mountains: warm jackets, gloves, scarf, and hat. Some people even took blankets to stay warm. This camp doesn't have any indoor visits, so just try to remember that this camp is between 15-20 degrees colder than San Diego. The wind is very strong, so you are freezing. Since it was my first visit, I wasn't dressed warm enough, so we had to end our visit early. This camp is 7 miles away from the Mexican border. The drive to the camp is not too bad except for some areas that are very windy.

Shari
08-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Pictures from the camp.

McCain Valley CC#21 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/37381942@N04/sets/72157624005216193/)

Ms Catt
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi this place has been really quiet is there anyone at this camp ? If so can share anything bout this camp please ;)