View Full Version : Parole Process???

Astronomic
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
My husband is in the John Middleton Unit in Abilene. He projected parole date is June 17th. He is in for a probation violation and was given 2 yrs. We live here in Angleton, tx so i went to the parole board here to find out some more. They told me that Gatesville will handle his case. I called gatesville and they told me they dont have his file that amarillo would handle it. I called amarillo and they said that gatesville would handle the file then send it to them for them to vote on it. so i am confused on the whole file process. where does the file come from and how long does this take before they send it to amarillo and then how long from then does everything take?? i would just like any answers that anyone could give me. Thank you so much!!!!

Kay
06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
In a nut shell first time parole reviews can take several months but the process starts when he is seen by the IPO or Institutional Parole Officer. Since Middleton is a transfer unit he may not be there very long but could be there up to 2 years. He will probably be sent to what they call an ID Unit and that move can change which board will review his parole possibility. I know it is all very confusing but you might want to start sending support letters on his behalf.

GraysonMom
06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi and Welcome Again to the Texas Forum. It is very confusing and here's another link that helps explain the parole process itself. Hope this hleps and blessings as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/what_is_parole/parole050508.pdf

RobinsMan
06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
You must first realize that any given person that you speak with at the parole division may not have a clear understanding of the big picture themselves.

One thing that is probably contributing to the confusion is that the MIddleton unit falls under the Amarillo local parole board which, if he is still there when it comes time for a vote, will be the board that votes on him. However, the parole review itself, which is the workup of his file to gather information for the parole board voters, is the responsiblity of the Institutional Parole Office that the unit is assigned to and, in the case of the Middleton unit, happens to be the Gatesville IPO. The parole board unit assignments are not the same as the IPO unit assignments. In fact, Amarillo has its own IPO but that IPO is not assigned the Middleton unit and is, itself, as well as the Snyder IPO, under the direction of the Western Region IPO which is the Gatesville IPO. Confused yet? Having said all that, this information seems to be opposite what you say you have been told but I think that as long as he is at Middleton you can count on the Amarillo board voting on his file. In the meantime, the workup of his file should be under the direction of the Gatesville IPO which is a different office than the Gatesville local parole board office. If someone at the Gatesville parole board office uses the word "us" or "here" they are not referring to the Gatesville IPO.

Astronomic
06-14-2009, 11:16 PM
OMG!!!! I got to visit him this weekend, it has been 52 days since I saw him last and that was at court when they took him. Whew all this information is crazy, everything is so complicated. I have sent letters and so has the family, i even got his employer to send one saying that he has a job when he comes out i even went has far as getting the doctor of our mentally hanicapped daughter to send a letter. I was told that Amarillo is one of the hardest boards. I am just praying that everything will work out. I tahnk yall so much for your response and this web site. I would be so clueless if i did not find this place. THANKS A MILLION!!!