View Full Version : Inmate Family Council (IFC) Info and Questions

BABY1N2
06-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Inmate Family Council... What is it and What does it do???? :confused:

Matt's Wife
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
The IFC is a group of up to ten visitors that address concerns of the inmate population with the prison administration. We at CSP-Solano meet with the Warden, Associate Warden, Visiting Lt, and other staff once a month, we discuss issues concerning visiting, programming, we get things approved for special events such as at Christmas we had a book give away approved by the Warden, at Easter we got Jelly Beans approved to be brought in. We also address issues with the mail the canteen and anything that is important to the inmate population. We are a voice for the inmates and their families to help the administration address issues before they become problems of safety and security within the institution.
I hope this answers your question. Most institutions in California have an Inmate Family Council. Anyone can apply to be on the council as long as you visit the institution regularly or at least 4 times a year. To apply you fill out an application and deposit it in the IFC box which all institutions with an IFC are required to have.

BABY1N2
06-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the INFO...hopefully you can report back every month and let us know what was discussed and/or other information.

AllyM
06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the INFO...hopefully you can report back every month and let us know what was discussed and/or other information.Fab Idea!:thumbsup: I second that!

PTO-110524
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Please also use this Sticky as a place to post issues you might want brought to the IFC. If you are having issues with mail, visiting, phones, etc - anything that is an upset or concern - bring it here and our new IFC member can then take your concerns back to the council.

:thumbsup:

BABY1N2
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
wHEN IS THE NEXT MEETING? i AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT WAS/WILL BE DISCUSSED AND WHAT GETS RESOLVED :)

PTO-110524
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The Solano IFC has started a website for Solano visitors, families and friends.

Solano IFC Website (http://www.ifc-solano.org/)

:thumbsup:

cricket7
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
According to CDCR policy 3134.1(e) headquarters is supposed to have provided a "Centralized List Of Disapproved Publications. The Division of Adult Institutions shall
distribute to each institution a centralized list of disapproved publications that are
prohibited as contraband." I have not been able to get a copy of the list anywhere. Would your group ask the prison to provide one that you can post? I hate to spend money on a subscription if it is not approved. I know Men's Health has been an issue and initiated the law suit that led to this decision.

jhgirl2011
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Hello:
My boyfriend, John, is an inmate at Solano and has not been able to get a visitor's form for over two weeks now. He is being told that more need to be printed out, but so far none have been printed out. I was wondering if we could get someone to check on this issue because if we can't get a form than probably other's are not able to as well. I told my BF that I would voice this concern to see if we could get it resolved somehow. He is housed at yard 3. I sent him a blank visitor form that I printed off the internet, but he has still not received it! Perhaps the staff there used it to make copies! Lol Please let me know if there is another way to voice this matter. I thought I would start here first!
Thank you so much and we appreciate all those who support and work to help voice concerns and resolve them for all of us!