View Full Version : Piedmont Correctional

nursegrl79
06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I am new on here and new to NC prison system. My husband was transferred to Piedmont this past Tuesday. I haven't heard from him since the move other than a standard letter they send to tell me where he is currently located and I received his personal belongings Thursday. Does anyone know how long it will be before he is allowed phone calls? I am surprised he hasn't called or written me yet. How long does processing take and when will I be allowed visits? He has another court case Monday for a misdeamor in Randolph County and is currently looking at 25-38 months for his felony charge. I am just so confused by all this mess. I have never had to deal with any of this and never imagined I would.:mad: Any help you can give me in understanding how all of this works will be appreciated. :confused:

shane&laura
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I am new on here and new to NC prison system. My husband was transferred to Piedmont this past Tuesday. I haven't heard from him since the move other than a standard letter they send to tell me where he is currently located and I received his personal belongings Thursday. Does anyone know how long it will be before he is allowed phone calls? I am surprised he hasn't called or written me yet. How long does processing take and when will I be allowed visits? He has another court case Monday for a misdeamor in Randolph County and is currently looking at 25-38 months for his felony charge. I am just so confused by all this mess. I have never had to deal with any of this and never imagined I would.:mad: Any help you can give me in understanding how all of this works will be appreciated. :confused:
hey nurse girl, my fiance was there about 7 days before he could call and 21 days before i could visit him..it takes 2 weeks to process them unless they are gonna take a drug class like my fiance did..i hope this helps..if u need anything just message me:)

laydlyke
06-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Shane&laura is correct. It takes about a week or so before they get their pin number to be able to call you.

He'll send you a visitation form and you'll have to complete it and mail it back, then it takes 7-14 days before you are approved for visitation.

Visits there are nice (compared to other prisons) be sure to take money for the vending machines.

nursegrl79
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Thank you guys for all the info. I am so new at all of this. I think he tried to call me and my dad today but all it said was that we needed to call a toll free number to get set up on advance pay. I put $50 on the account for our home phone instead of my cell phone but I work until 10pm M-Th so I am sure I won't be able to talk to him for a while. Thanks again for the info and any additional information you may have, please let me know! :)

standingstill
06-15-2009, 06:44 PM

My fience is in Piedmont. They only get 2 calls a month. Processing differs for each person for some reason, just depends on how fast the case worker wants to move I guess. I believe we had to wait 15 days before we could visit last year

WYFE0834119
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
When my hubby was processed in at PCI on a Tuesday I got to see him on the Saturday of that week. I think it was the chaplain there(don't remember which one) that got me, his mother, and father on his visit list automatically. I still had to fill out a form and get approved. I guess I was pre-approved. Have him send you some visitation forms and get them filled out correctly(both sides) with the copies of ID, birth certificates for minors and sent back to the visitation office ASAP and you'll be in the process of seeing your loved one as long as everything is approved.

As far as the phone goes, he should be issued a temporary pin# to use for the phone, but he'll only get to call you twice a month. Before he's moved he'll be issued his permanent OPUS# that you'll have to put on all mail you send to him. My hubby used his temporary OPUS on his mail until he got his permanent OPUS#.

I hope this helps.

nursegrl79
06-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I mailed my visitation form in a week ago. I haven't heard from him yet to see if I am approved. He has been there 16 days today. I hope I get to see him soon. It seems like forever since we actually got to touch each other. He was in county 3 months before they activated his sentence and will have to serve 25-38 months. We just got married Feb 2008 so he will be gone more than I have been with him as his wife. This is so hard! Thanks for all your help....I am holding on by a thread some days so any info you can give me on PCI or NC Prisons in general is great. Thanks again!