View Full Version : Riot in Lewis Prison, Buckeye, Arizona

ebontortuga23
01-09-2004, 11:26 PM
:fb: On January 7th there was a riot in Lewis Prison. Specifically involving Buckley Unit. 80 inmates were involved and chemical agents were used to squash the problem. I have not heard from my husband (who is doing 4 1/2 years - there now). I called and asked what happened and the only information I got was that there was a "disturbance". I don't know if he was involved, if he was injured, or what exactly is going on. Does anyone else have any information on this?

JeffsPrincess15
01-10-2004, 10:14 PM
ONe of my pen pals is in that exact unit. I found out last night and wrote him a letter asking for more information cuz i'm nosy. Thats really scary.

az-tears
01-10-2004, 10:43 PM
I also have a close friend in Lewis-Stiner unit, He called me Friday morning and said it happen around 8pm Wed. The riot was not at his unit across the prison yard.
3 Co's did get hurt trying to break it up, two fires where set one inside and one outside. My friend said they where only locked down until the morning.I am going to go visit him tomorrow maybe I can find out more.

ebontortuga23
01-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your response. I still haven't heard from my husband!!

ONe of my pen pals is in that exact unit. I found out last night and wrote him a letter asking for more information cuz i'm nosy. Thats really scary.