View Full Version : migration Hold-how long does ICE have to pick them up?

MissAri
05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
My fiance was to be release on the 23rd the Friday before INS went to see him regarding his status. He is now on INS Hold. I have looked everywhere on line trying to figure out how long the county can have him on hold, by the looks of it everyone says that it's for 48 hours from his release date (not including weekend and holidays) :(
He called me this morning and told me he was still in the county jail :rolleyes:. If they do not release him by Thursday morning it is my impression that the county has to release him. Am I correct?What happens is ICE has not picked him up by Thurs. but he is still in custody? If they do take him does anyone know where he'll be taken to? What happens when ICE picks up a inmate...?

***praying for a miracle***

bunnieRR
05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
its 48 hours buisness weekends and holidays to not count... its rear when they forget to pick someone up... were are you located what county jail is he in?? if hes in la county then ice will pick him up take him to the detention center in down town LA until he is placed some were else... has he ever been deported before?? my husband was taken to the mira loma detention center in lancaster were he is waiting to be deported back to mexico

MissAri
05-27-2009, 12:30 PM
its 48 hours buisness weekends and holidays to not count... its rear when they forget to pick someone up... were are you located what county jail is he in?? if hes in la county then ice will pick him up take him to the detention center in down town LA until he is placed some were else... has he ever been deported before?? my husband was taken to the mira loma detention center in lancaster were he is waiting to be deported back to mexico

He didn't call back last night...
We're in Alameda County, He was in Santa Rita county Jail, you are correct ICE is never late on a pick up. I'm guessing he was picked up sometime between 9PM and 8AM this morning. He hasn't called me I keep calling the county jail where he was at to get a number to track him down but their lines are always busy. What can I do now? He has never been deported, He came to this country as a 12 year old then flew back to his country when he was 17, a year later he came back illegally, unfortunately he's not from Mexico, he's from Brazil.... Is your husband back in the country? NEVER IN MY LIFE DID I THINK I'D BE GOING TROUGH THIS.

bunnieRR
05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
we and me both hon... i never thought that i would be spending my time trying to figure out how to put my family back together again... hes still at the detention center in mira loma he has court on the 9th after that hopefully he will get deported asap.

all you can do now is wait... he should be able to call you after he is checked in to the detention center. were is santa rita jail??? my husband is in lancaster i have no idea what county that is near...

i know that there arnt many detention centers around and that my husband says there are people from all over the place there as far as 4 hours away...

MissAri
05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
OMG! i am so stupid :eek:.. ICE called me at my work number!!! It was close to noon.... They caught me so of guard I had no idea what to say. He said he was gonna tell them that his dad was Mexican so they send him to Mex. But they keep asking me so much stuff about how to read his fam in BZ an stuff. I feel like i alone just sent him on the plane back to BZ. Then when I didn't say anything they asked my why was I not responding. I told them I didn't want to say anything that could be self incriminating... They said hat if they had more questions they'd call back... The ironically my fiance called me right after I hung up with the officer
How dumb am I :angry:

MissAri
05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh yea, Alameda county is the Bay Area... They have him detained in San Francisco Immigration and Detention center

lost14
05-28-2009, 07:28 AM
why does he want to go to Mexico? So he can come back easier?...

Funny thing last night I had a dream my husband showed up at our house last night. Said they sent him back and he just crossed back over. I was like you didn't even go she your family (hasn''t seen his mom in 13 years) and he was like no I just wanted to come back and take care of stuff here. Not sure in my dream if he was planning on staying in the us or if he was just getting all his stuff sorted out before he left. It was weird cause he is planning on staying in Mexico so I have no idea where that dream came from.

MissAri
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
why does he want to go to Mexico? So he can come back easier?...

Funny thing last night I had a dream my husband showed up at our house last night. Said they sent him back and he just crossed back over. I was like you didn't even go she your family (hasn''t seen his mom in 13 years) and he was like no I just wanted to come back and take care of stuff here. Not sure in my dream if he was planning on staying in the us or if he was just getting all his stuff sorted out before he left. It was weird cause he is planning on staying in Mexico so I have no idea where that dream came from.

yea something like that. HE does have many unfinsihed things he so he would liek to get back ASAP.. FYI he called this morning, he is now in Arizona OMG ICE moves so fast :eek:... speaking of dreams.. one of my friends said she has a dream i was yelling at her telling he that i was going to go to Mex because it was the only way we could be together.... :thumbsup:
One crappy thing I just found out. The jail he was in lost his clothes so he is in nasty borrowd jail sweats and jail flip flos :(

Lipstick
05-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Crossing into the Us from Mexico, is alot harder now. you have to prove your citizenship via Birth Certificate, passport, resident card etc.... Starting June 1 birth certificates will not be accepted only a passport or passport card, or resident card..Etc...
They even give me a hard time when I cross and I like the whitest white person...LOL with a birth Certificate from Kentucky and my DL.