View Full Version : magazines

waitingforscott
01-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Can anyone tell me if I would be allowed to start a magazine subscription and have it sent to Scott at GRCC each month?
Kim

MRSLMW
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Kim,

Yes you can. Just be sure they get his number right and if he has a dorm, unit, or cell address try to get that on there too, (if they have room on the lable), as it just helps them deliver it to him easier.

waitingforscott
01-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks MRSLMW. I have another question, if you don't mind. He has asked for an "adult" subscription. I don't mind if he has one, but will they (CO)?
Kim

MRSLMW
01-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Kim,

You should call and see if KY has banned those yet or not. The Feds don't let them in anymore, however he might like Maxim, it's a men's magazine and has lots of girly pics in it and good stories.

My husband never did want any of those adult books, but he has told me that when his Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue arrives everbody is asking to borrow it:)

kris' pooh bear
01-20-2004, 10:18 PM
My husband is in Green River, and he is allowed to have those "adult" magazines, as you say, however, he has not asked me to subscribe to one for him (yet).

I did subscribe to some other magazines, and I just put on the subscription card all of his information in the address part, like I was addressing a letter to him. It didn't take him long to get them either, maybe a couple of weeks.

Oh, and my husband said that it depends on the prison if they allow pictures and magazines of nude women....

Hope this helps you some

waitingforscott
01-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks pooh bear. My Scott is also at Green River (or should I say he will be back there again after his final sentencing next Monday). By the way, he didn't ask me for adult subscriptions...I asked him if there were any magazines he would like to get (thinking car magazines). I guess I should have known. lol I don't mind, though, because I know where he will be coming home to when he is released. Again, thanks!
Kim

LiL GhOsTS LaDY
02-03-2004, 04:19 PM
yeah of course, just call the institution where he is at, and ask them which ones are accerptable, also there might be a special address you have to send it to im not sure about in your state.... but just make sure u call and find out which ones are "acceptable".....