View Full Version : Tightwad Magazines

bella
09-08-2002, 08:29 PM
This is a catalog for inmates where they can order all different magazines at discount prices. They have quite a large selection. And even have magazines that can be payed for with stamps. They do not have a web site or a phone #, but anyone interested in a catalog can send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Julie
Catalog Requests
Box 629
Burgin, KY 40310
The catalog can even be sent directly to the inmate.
Hope this helps
Michelle

danielle
09-08-2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks! I am putting a request in the mail tonight!

JodyAnnShaw
09-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Great info.... ty

spicecd
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Has anyone had any recent experience with them? If so, good or bad? My husband asked me to check them out but on the net, I keep reading negative things about them...

angelica916
03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
My fiance orders from them all the time. He's never had any problems.

spicecd
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks Angelica916. My husband was hipped to them by his cellie (who never had any problems). I will let him know that they are cool.

guvokikam
04-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes. It's cool. My inmate ordered subcriptions for alot less. It's great, they are very punctual; I highly recommend it, in less than a month my inmate began receiving his magazines. :)

d_garcia
05-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Quick question.... How did you find them on the net? I keep putting in for it and it brings me to here! Can you help out some?? Thanks for your time!!

Has anyone had any recent experience with them? If so, good or bad? My husband asked me to check them out but on the net, I keep reading negative things about them...

ben's girl
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
The previous post states that you cannot order online and the other poster was referring to negative feedback.

marjer
07-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much for posting the address. I was talking to my husband today and he told me about Tightwad magazines. I am glad there is a service out there for prisoners who want to stay out of trouble and just do their time and get it over with.

lordnecron
03-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks so much for posting the address. I was talking to my husband today and he told me about Tightwad magazines. I am glad there is a service out there for prisoners who want to stay out of trouble and just do their time and get it over with.

why can you not simply buy your hubby a magazine subscription.
Its my understanding that Tightwad is a scam.
The prison librarian at Ridgeland CI SC blew his entire budget with these hucksters. Serves him right! Big fat liberal queen that he was.

wdnywtch
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much for this information I could not find this anywhere... Again Thank you so much! Now I cant get this to my husband!
Blessings...
Wendy

This is a catalog for inmates where they can order all different magazines at discount prices. They have quite a large selection. And even have magazines that can be payed for with stamps. They do not have a web site or a phone #, but anyone interested in a catalog can send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Julie
Catalog Requests
Box 629
Burgin, KY 40310
The catalog can even be sent directly to the inmate.
Hope this helps
Michelle

Reno42
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Anybody have something like this for books? My guy told me there is a company that does the same thing but was unsure of the name. Any info you guys have would be great! Thanks