View Full Version : He got parole to sober house, can fam pick him up from jail and bring him?

amonti
05-21-2009, 01:08 AM
My fiance got approved parole- going to a sober house for 6 months. Hes only been in jail for 4 months. I've heard that me and his family can pick him upfrom Worcester House of Corrections, bring him to gather his belongings, clothes, etc, and then drop him off at his halfway house. AT this halfway houses hes allowed to go out and do stuff, with a curfew of 1030 at night, so has anyone done this or know if we can pick him up?? The jail doesnt wanna be bothered wiht providing transportation right?? If he already has some? Please let me know, should be anyday now.

parole_help_123
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
My fiance got approved parole- going to a sober house for 6 months. Hes only been in jail for 4 months. I've heard that me and his family can pick him upfrom Worcester House of Corrections, bring him to gather his belongings, clothes, etc, and then drop him off at his halfway house. AT this halfway houses hes allowed to go out and do stuff, with a curfew of 1030 at night, so has anyone done this or know if we can pick him up?? The jail doesnt wanna be bothered wiht providing transportation right?? If he already has some? Please let me know, should be anyday now.

Hi there, you can pick him up in most cases. You did not specify the sober house (for obvious reasons), but 95% do not provide rides. Once you pick him up you must FIRST bring him to the Regional Field Office. It looks from your letter that you'll be going to the Region 4 office in Worcester. The phone there is 508-753-7252. So remember, take him there FIRST!!! and then home to get clothes. If he doesn't go there directly from the House, he could be violated--I've done it myself on occasion. Once you get his clothes, take him directly to the program.

Hope this helps. Good luck.:)