View Full Version : Unschooled abt prison. St Tammany Jail

guardian2
05-20-2009, 10:47 PM
My sister was arrested 4 days ago. She is on probation and a hold was put on her, so no getting her out. They keep saying she is still in holding and a dorm and bed# has not been assigned. How long will she be in holding? Never seen the inside of a prison, so am completely at a loss. I need to see her, she is looking at 2 - 3 yrs of time; I have to help her get through this. Answers, answers, please

miracle11
05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Normally they are in holding until they are processed, which should not take longer than a few days. They usually process after their bond hearing, which she is entitled to even though there is a probation hold. Unfortunately in LA state probation, revocation can be based solely on arrest (conviction is not needed), so her chances of getting released from the probation hold are slim (sorry!). She may still be assessed a bond for her current arrest, and in the case that her PO decides not to revoke, or to continue on probation, she can make bond. Call her PO to see if you can get any information, sometimes they can be helpful!?

Others may hold a different opinion, but IMO, St. Tammany is not that bad (in comparison to other parish jails!).

Hope I have helped a little bit!

bubslildevil
05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
She should be in a dorm with in a few days.... when i was in there i was on the "rock" for a week then finally got sent back to 300 dorm. The guards are pretty much okay, i just had a coplete problem of the filth that was in that place... but hey guess i shouldnt of got messed up in the shit that got me thrown in there. Hope this helps ya some. God Bless ya!