View Full Version : R. C. C. (out side the fence)......

WAITIN4CEN
05-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Does any one know about the "horticulture" program outside the fence at Roederer? How long does it last.....6 months or so? Are the visits similiar to the ones as behind the fence? I know it's a later time 12 - 3, I believe. I would love to hear any and all stories, info, etc. Thanks a million!:thumbsup:

DaddysGirl87
05-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Does any one know about the "horticulture" program outside the fence at Roederer? How long does it last.....6 months or so? Are the visits similiar to the ones as behind the fence? I know it's a later time 12 - 3, I believe. I would love to hear any and all stories, info, etc. Thanks a million!:thumbsup:

Well, my dad just completed the horticulture program at RCC and he really liked it. I think it is an 8 month program, but I am not positive. There are two options for diplomas I believe...the top one is Landscape Technician, the other I can't remember the name of. He liked it because it kept him busy, and wound up getting the Landscape Tech. diploma.

As far as visits go, the 12-3 visits are for the minimum security inmates (these are the ones I attend). They are inside that first building after you go up the long road and get checked in at the little station on the road. Basically, you go in, hand over your id's and tell them who you are there to see. Then they will pat you down, run the wand and in some cases have a sniffer dog to check you out. You are allowed to stay the entire time for visits, unless it is really full and there are people coming in after you. Other than that, the visits are decent. In the times that we have visited, the staff has been very professional. They seem to want for everyone to have a good visit, and as long as you stay within their guidelines, they are fine.

Hope this helps!:)

rosedealer
05-19-2009, 03:38 PM
very unusual question but produced a wonderful answer thank you very informative