View Full Version : Stabbing at NWCX??

Toby's Girl
05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Has anyone heard anything about an inmate being stabbed to death at Northwest last night? Someone said that the prison was going to be on lockdown for at least 2 weeks. I am thinking about calling the prison and see if they will advise of the lockdown. My husband hasn't called allday and he usually calls several times per day.

wheelergirl
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I haven't heard from my man since around 7 lastnight? I also heard that there was a stabbing and someone died. I heard that 11 thru 14 were locked down. Wish I knew what was goin on cuz it's makin me crazy!!:oHas anyone heard anything about an inmate being stabbed to death at Northwest last night? Someone said that the prison was going to be on lockdown for at least 2 weeks. I am thinking about calling the prison and see if they will advise of the lockdown. My husband hasn't called allday and he usually calls several times per day.

NotherWife2
05-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, it was yesterday morning - gang related.

heavy
05-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I haven't heard from my son.He calls me every week in.I am going to call tomorrow if Idon't hear from him to night.

Odd Mushroom
05-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, it was yesterday morning - gang related.

Isn't it always.......

NotherWife2
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Isn't it always.......

The one n only sticking that happened way back when I was employed was between 2 cellies over another guy......:eek:

Ldybrvsnum1
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I drove 420 miles one way to see my son this past weekened at NWCX only to find out they were under lock down,so dissappointing,this was Saturday morning when they told me this,they didn't tell me why,I'm literally sick with worry,how does one know this was gang related and it was a stabbing and that they will be locked down for two weeks? Any relief to the truth here would help so much,this has really got me down,and will only worsen until I hear from him,thanks to anyone.

papisgirl
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I haven't found anything on line yet regarding the incident but it seems we always know here first before it's put out to the public..I can't see them being on lock down for two weeks. Usually when the information gets out it's from a CO who has told someone. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.

Ldybrvsnum1
05-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much,NotherWife2,as I uncontrolably cry with relief and sadness cause he hasn't called,I always get that gut feeling that he was involved or was in the middle of it,I'm a compulsive worrier,and on the verge a nervous breakdown,can't help myself.My son is in unit 12,I think I read on here about units 11-14 were locked down.That only makes sence to me that your husband is not under lockdown and would know that,which is a huge relief,if anything like this happens in the future,may I get in touch with you to see if you know why? Appreciate the info so much,you just don't realize how much,thank God I ran across this PTO here awhile back,it's been such a relief to read these post poeple that are better informed than I can ever be,feel free to email me if theres anything I can do for you,Gail

heavy
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I have not heard from my son.So he is in one of those units.Thank you so much for letting us know.And if anyone can find out anything about how along they will be in lock down.Please let me know.
God Bless

papisgirl
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
TNDOC posted their statement

http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/1942

heavy
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Thank you so much papisgirl.You have bend a Blessing to me.

NotherWife2
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM

Thank you Papi !!!! I am slipping, that is always the first place I look, and I didn't. I got the misunderstanding clarified this evening.

papisgirl
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
They didn't it post that till 11:00 today...you know us ladies always know something before any statement is ever given to the public.

superdreamATM
05-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Why the heck doesn't that notice say anything about the person who committed the homicide or possible motives? My hubby knew about it last night. Word travels through the prison system pretty fast when there is a death.

papisgirl
05-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Why the heck doesn't that notice say anything about the person who committed the homicide or possible motives? My hubby knew about it last night. Word travels through the prison system pretty fast when there is a death.

Usually when things are gang related or they think they are they NEVER mention that for a motive. Also they don't know who it is and are doing an investigation and when things are gang related the investigation tends to take longer. They feel as though since they did make a statement that should be enough. It will take awhile before they say who it was if they ever do at all.

chasitychantae
05-19-2009, 09:29 AM
My husband is at NWCX. I got to visit with him on Sunday. I don't know if they are still on lock down but there was talk that it could be up to six weeks. I am sorry to all who drove the long drive to be turned away. It has happened to me before too. I live 350 miles away. It scares me to death that he is at this prison. It is one of the most dangerous in the US.

chasitychantae
05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I also heard that the victim had asked to be put in protective the night before because he feared for his life. Truly a sad story. No one seems to care about our inmates. My prayers go out to his family.

papisgirl
05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I also heard that the victim had asked to be put in protective the night before because he feared for his life.

TNDOC has some explaining to do now if that is true. My prayers go out to that CO who ignored his request what a guilt to live with. To me personally he is just as much responsible if that is the case than the inmate(s) who did the stabbing.

Ldybrvsnum1
05-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I talked to my son today,lockdown was lifted around 11am there time,I'm on EST time,he said a gang member of the Mexican Mafia stabbed the black guy over owing him 2 rolled up cigarettes! Such a shame you lose your life like this,a momma lost her son no matter how you look at it,my son also said this happened in unit 13 or 14,didn't know why 11 & 12 was under lock down,but lockdown is lifted,hope this helps ya'll,bye for now everybody,Gail

superdreamATM
05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I think most prisons lock down the entire facility when there is a homicide or a bad attack. Just to be on the safe side. It scares me to see people getting killed over things like that. It makes me very scared for my husband, who has a tendency to borrow because he promises them his wife will send money in a few days...

Odd Mushroom
05-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Back in 1985 when the riot occurred at Turney Center, word leaked out to other prisons across the state and simultaneous riots began, although not as destructive as the one at Turney.
Largely because of this, when an event happens that could "spread" everyone is locked down. Discontent spreads like the plague. Anyone could be involved and it could also be only the tip of the iceberg.

FYI - the riots began over porkchops

papisgirl
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
FYI - the riots began over porkchops

Good thing Papi doesn't eat pork :thumbsup:

Odd Mushroom
05-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Ilikeyou.yourefunny.

superdreamATM
05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Pork chops? hahaha Alrighty... maybe thats why now they only serve Turkey. So people won't fight. haha

Odd Mushroom
05-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Seriously...can you imagine the trouble that the inmates got into fighting and destroying things over the fact that porkchops were being taken off the menu. Doh!

I so remember when that happened, even though I was a teenager. My dad was kept on his post for like 3 days, alternating with the other guards that were called in to assist.

superdreamATM
05-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Did knot know your dad worked in the prison system... that porkchop fight might have been the last straw for me if I had been in his shoes. ha!

Odd Mushroom
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
retired after 30 years service