View Full Version : Detainer/Warrant what does it mean?

AZMOM2405
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi-

I looked at the inmate data search website and an entry has been put in the system under Detainer/Warrant. The detainer type in NR and the case is the case he is in for now.

What does this mean?

ForceforChange
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Was he a PROBATION VIOLATOR and then sent to prison?

Hi-

I looked at the inmate data search website and an entry has been put in the system under Detainer/Warrant. The detainer type in NR and the case is the case he is in for now.

What does this mean?

05-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Force can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that NR is notification of release. So whatever department has the detainer wants to be notified when he is released. Maybe he has monthly payments that are owed upon release or something, so they want to be notified when he gets out....

shorty769
05-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Force can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that NR is notification of release. So whatever department has the detainer wants to be notified when he is released. Maybe he has monthly payments that are owed upon release or something, so they want to be notified when he gets out....

No you are so right! My man had one of those pop up so I called his CO III officer and she said it was just a notification!

AZMOM2405
05-20-2009, 12:42 PM
that was scary but I guess it's ok.

shorty769
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
And you are still worried about it you can call the prison and they will tell you what exactly it means!

ForceforChange
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Correct. Or it's a Probation flag.

debindesert
06-22-2009, 07:34 AM
my son has one also . he had two they sent him to San Diego and he was there three months he went to court they gave him eight months one was running concurrent and the other is consecutive . that means if they pick him up at the gate he will do four months in San Diego before he is free. i would like to know if they really go over each inmates adoc sheet every three days . it sure doesnt look like they do.

bbygirl0306
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
wat do i do if my bf has a detainer but it just has a date on that has alreayd passed is there any way he can run it all concurent???

rissa7997
09-30-2009, 08:58 PM
My bf is incarcerated in Crossroads Correctional Facility in Shelby, MT. He is sentenced to 5 years there then has a 10 year DOC sentence in IL. I just want some help on how to get the warrant in IL changed from a notification to a detainer. It's bs :mad: that a) he got 5 years for probation violation and b) that they keep telling him that they can keep him for the whole 5 years. What state wants to do that? Send him to IL and let the time run concurrent. But the judge in IL keeps denying the motion to run sentences concurrent. I'm thinking I need to hire an attorney. Anyone have suggestions? It's getting expensive to have a significant other in another state :(

MRS.Pierce1981
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
So if they have a y beside detainer what does that mean

pachecoslady
08-02-2013, 07:14 PM

my man has the same type of detainer... does this mean he will be taken back into custody when he gets out or they just wanna know when hes getting out so he will pay the fines?