View Full Version : Drawings?

penpalgirl123
05-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Do you and your pen pals draw pictures for each other??
I've drawn two for mine, I know he has drawings in online competitions too.
I think it'll be a great way to share feelings actually, without having to write..

Stoneite
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Funnily enough, my best penfriend and I were talking about this in our last letter. Unfortunately we're both artistically challenged - he said he can't even draw a stick man and I'm not much better ...:shrug:

MKW
05-07-2009, 04:30 AM
well I don't draw, and my pals don't either. Those of my pals who have an artistic gift are more into writing (poetry, short stories, novels).
I used to have a pp who was a great artist but he went out, so obviously I'm no longer getting anything from him. There's another guy I write less often (mostly cards every other month) who is a really fine artist and who sent me a drawing once... Like a tribal abstract thing. It was beautiful.

I'd love to draw, as you said it's a way of expressing feelings without having to write... But well, I guess we all have our own way of expressing things ;)

If you have time, I'd love to see your drawings and those of your pal when he writes back. We have an "artistic corner" here on PTO where members scan and post their loved ones' artworks! :)

penpalgirl123
05-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I think some people have an amazing gift of writing that that's actually an art, to be able to write of something in such a descriptive way that it really comes to life.
Painting a picture can be done with words for sure.

I sketch a little bit, not too great at it.
I have a pic I want to send (I've actually only sent one (of him), this is the second I was gonna send tomorrow)

It's of me and him, lol
In biro.. wanna see?
He's either going to think I'm silly or like it.

He's native american and although I've never seen a sideveiw pic of him, I had to guess........

I'll see if I can upload it in the picture thread..

penpalgirl123
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I cannot find it....

By the way... Does anyone know if it's okay to write in glitter pen and spray perfume on letters?
LOL

I wonder if he'll be embarrased if he has to deal with the people who check the mail.
They'll be like; 'more fan-mail for you'!

Stray
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Some of my pals send me drawings and artwork. I only draw stick figures but sometimes I do draw to explain something and they say "see...you can draw!" LOL

I think glitter pen and perfume depends on the prison. I've used both and have not had any problems but it could just be where I'm writing to. I would say contact the prison directly and ask - they'll tell you if the will accept them.

penpalgirl123
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Some of my pals send me drawings and artwork. I only draw stick figures but sometimes I do draw to explain something and they say "see...you can draw!" LOL

I think glitter pen and perfume depends on the prison. I've used both and have not had any problems but it could just be where I'm writing to. I would say contact the prison directly and ask - they'll tell you if the will accept them.

Thankyou hunnies, I'll just write in pink non-glitter for now..

I didn't know you could call and ask, maybe in future... I live in the UK. Phonebill would be; Arg!

That's so nice that you get pictures, what are they like? and of?

Is there a thread for picture sharing? I can't find...

shady1
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
is this the same guy you were talking about in the "appropriate pictures to send" thread? have you even heard back from him yet?
i, myself, would wait until i heard back from him and got a feeling of his thoughts before i started sending him drawings of he and i together.

MKW
05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
i, myself, would wait until i heard back from him and got a feeling of his thoughts before i started sending him drawings of he and i together.

me too

and here's the link for the artistic corner : http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=485 :)

penpalgirl123
05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
is this the same guy you were talking about in the "appropriate pictures to send" thread? have you even heard back from him yet?

Why?

Journey2
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I can't draw at all. One of my pals draws really well. The first drawing I received was for my birthday. He said he would have bought a card but they were all full of 'to my sweetheart' or wife and he didn't think that would go down too well with my husband or I :D so he drew a picture, it was great. The other thing he has done is made a photo of himself with photos of all his friends etc in the background on a mantle piece (this was for Christmas) I thought it a very clever idea especially as I could spot myself, haha!

My other pp writes poetry and wants to write a book.

penpalgirl123
05-08-2009, 03:19 AM
well I don't draw, and my pals don't either. Those of my pals who have an artistic gift are more into writing (poetry, short stories, novels).
I used to have a pp who was a great artist but he went out, so obviously I'm no longer getting anything from him. There's another guy I write less often (mostly cards every other month) who is a really fine artist and who sent me a drawing once... Like a tribal abstract thing. It was beautiful.

I'd love to draw, as you said it's a way of expressing feelings without having to write... But well, I guess we all have our own way of expressing things ;)

If you have time, I'd love to see your drawings and those of your pal when he writes back. We have an "artistic corner" here on PTO where members scan and post their loved ones' artworks! :)

I put a pic up in the pic only thread.
It's not us making out or anything gosh, so I don't know why I should lay off on sending.
He's really nice!
I've been talking to one of his male friends online lately (who's visted him lots over the last decade)
It's not like I've just seen a penpal ad alone, I've seen his arts, listened to him speak for ten mins, you know...

lisainengland
05-08-2009, 04:10 AM
I draw little smiley faces in my letters but thats about my limit lol. Both my penpals are truly gifted artists and send me regular cards. Penpalgirl I think its great that you are investing so much time/effort into this inmate but be careful you aint bombarding him with too much too soon.

MKW
05-08-2009, 05:51 AM
I put a pic up in the pic only thread.
It's not us making out or anything gosh, so I don't know why I should lay off on sending.
He's really nice!
I've been talking to one of his male friends online lately (who's visted him lots over the last decade)
It's not like I've just seen a penpal ad alone, I've seen his arts, listened to him speak for ten mins, you know...

Hey girl, just saw your drawing in the artistic section and it's really pretty :)

I believe we already explained you some of the reasons why we think you should take things slowly in the previous thread you started. If you don't want to use our advice it's perfectly fine, we just wanted to share our experience in order to avoid hurting anyone. But this is off topic so if you want to keep on discussing that point,we can do so either with PMs or in your other thread.

tattoo_chick
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
i cant draw .. But he sends me draw'n all the time and he is good ... And i spray perfume on all my letters and he loves it...

Stray
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
You could also post a question in a thread in the section of the state he's in. I've had a few specific questions before and have always found the people there very helpful!

They send beautiful things. I get cartoons, drawings of animals (i.e wolves) and some other really cool stuff. The last item I received was a drawing of my favourite flowers :)

Thankyou hunnies, I'll just write in pink non-glitter for now..

I didn't know you could call and ask, maybe in future... I live in the UK. Phonebill would be; Arg!

That's so nice that you get pictures, what are they like? and of?

Is there a thread for picture sharing? I can't find...

penpalgirl123
05-09-2009, 02:35 PM
You could also post a question in a thread in the section of the state he's in. I've had a few specific questions before and have always found the people there very helpful!

They send beautiful things. I get cartoons, drawings of animals (i.e wolves) and some other really cool stuff. The last item I received was a drawing of my favourite flowers :)

Aw, they must like you.
Thanks I'll check that out