View Full Version : Crowley County Correctional Facility

Oceanmoon
05-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I just got a letter from my husband and he has been moved to Crowley County Correctional Facility can anyone give me information about it?
Thank you,
Mari

seansbabyluv
05-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I just got a letter from my husband and he has been moved to Crowley County Correctional Facility can anyone give me information about it?
Thank you,
Mari

Well it sucked when Sean was there from 2005 - 2006. Little tables and chairs like you're in kindegarten in the visiting room. The CO's sit at a desk on a raised platform in there like they are teachers or something. They're very strict about everything there. No open-toed shoes either so that means no sandals or flip flops. It was worth it for Sean to have his points go up and get moved to AVCF. Crowley is a private prison so you do at least have the PPMU to go to if necessary. Sometimes it's good leverage.

Oceanmoon
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Well it sucked when Sean was there from 2005 - 2006. Little tables and chairs like you're in kindegarten in the visiting room. The CO's sit at a desk on a raised platform in there like they are teachers or something. They're very strict about everything there. No open-toed shoes either so that means no sandals or flip flops. It was worth it for Sean to have his points go up and get moved to AVCF. Crowley is a private prison so you do at least have the PPMU to go to if necessary. Sometimes it's good leverage.

Thank you Cindy,
He called me tonight and he said that the food SUCKS. I am not sure why they even moved him and they did not tell him why either. I have another question, we have canteen cards from Fremont that have money on them and it is not just a couple of dollars, do they use the canteen cards there?

JessBckr
05-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Mari,

My boyfriend has been at Crowley since the end of February. It is quite the interesting place let me tell you. If you need to know anything let me know! I'm still kinda new to the entire prison thing but if I can answer any questions I'll be more than happy to help. I know they are on lockdown right now but hopefully it won't last long! Good luck with everything and I'll talk to you soon.

Jessie

seansbabyluv
05-13-2009, 11:24 PM
No they won't take the canteen cards there...call Fremont and ask them for the # to the vendor. Call the vendor and ask them how to get a refund on your card. Generally, you send it to them and they refund your money back. My only problem was not knowing how much was actually on the card and not wanting to go to the facility that had them to check...pretty stupid way to handle this stuff especially if you're like me and forget how much was on there!

Oceanmoon
05-14-2009, 12:10 AM
No they won't take the canteen cards there...call Fremont and ask them for the # to the vendor. Call the vendor and ask them how to get a refund on your card. Generally, you send it to them and they refund your money back. My only problem was not knowing how much was actually on the card and not wanting to go to the facility that had them to check...pretty stupid way to handle this stuff especially if you're like me and forget how much was on there!

Yea it is really a stupid way. They need to use the same vendor if they are going to just up and move these guys. We have 3 cards and they all have at least 30.00 on them. It might be worth the drive from Crowley down to Fremont just to see. Thank you Cindy,
Mari

S.H.O.V.E
05-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Actually I went to visit my husband at Crowley for the 1st time a week before Mother's Day and you can use the same card from Fremont...(the selections in the machines are less than at Fremont and the price varies a little bit, but the card can be used.. I used the same 2 cards we had from Fremont...Hope this helps...