View Full Version : Still in Hole When Transfered?

SisterandFriend
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Waiting for a letter can take a while so I'd thought I'd ask here if anyone knew. My brother was in the hole at SRCI and recently was transfered to Two Rivers. Would he still be in the hole? I'm assuming yes but want to make sure as he is wanting a visit but I know he wants a normal visit and not thru a glass window.

Thanks

grannyG
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM
This is not a cut and dry question to answer. If he were in the hole for something he did, then yes he would still be in the hole when transferred. However, sometimes when they are transferred when in the hole, it is that they are in the "hole" for protection. Then, they try to put them right out on main line when they transfer them (again, sometimes). The other thing is, more than likely you were notified of his transfer by vinelink? If he were able to call you and tell you himself, that he was moved, then he is no longer in the hole. I am not asking you to give us details here, but do you know what he was in the hole for? Do you know how much time he got in the hole? You see, there is much to consider with this. But yes, if he were in the hole and still had time there to do, then he would still be in the hole when transferred.

one_luv
05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
If he was put in the hole because of a DR, yes, he still does his "hole time" at TRCI. You can call the prison and ask.

SisterandFriend
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info. He was somehow part of the fights that happened at SRCI couple weeks ago and was charged with some kind of assult and given 6 months. We only exchange letters as calls from SRCI were too expensive right now. I'm going to assume then that he is still in the hole then.

I'm not sure what DR is.

grannyG
05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes, I think that is probably going to be the case. He will need to finish serving out his 6 months, I do believe. I am also sorry that he is in that position. At least, now that he is at TRCI, it won't be so far to travel for visiting. That knocks about half your drive time off. And, I think you will find once he is able to call, that the calls are much cheaper from TRCI. I am not sure of that, as I have never gotten calls from TRCI. I know that calls from EOCI only cost around $3. for a 20 minute call (collect), and my brother's calls collect from SRCI costed me over $30. per call for the 30 minute. I finally have done the cell phone, so don't do the collect calls any more.

one_luv
05-07-2009, 11:27 PM
DR stands for Disciplinary Report, some states refer to them as a "ticket". It is when he is written up, and given a sentence, for a violation of the rules. Sometimes the hole gets full and they get out early, and sometimes they get into trouble again while in the hole (actually not hard to do when they are in there for 6 months), and will get days added to their sentence.

If you are in Portland, collect calls from Umatilla (where TRCI is located) are still very expensive.