View Full Version : When paroled, keep them out!

greyeyes929
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
My guy was paroled Jan 2008. In March 2009, he was sent to Omega Technical Violaters Center in Malvern. It's a 63 day program for parolees who have "tecnically violated their parole without committing a new crime". In his case, he had failed a few drug tests earlier in the year (grr!) and was late on restitutions and wasn't attended his NA meeting regularly. (GRR!) It's more like a correction school then "prison" per se, but it sucks either way. Point is, if your loved one is paroled, make sure he sticks to those terms or you'll have to do this all over again. (either by him going back to prison or TVC)

tottles
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
My guy was paroled Jan 2008. In March 2009, he was sent to Omega Technical Violaters Center in Malvern. It's a 63 day program for parolees who have "tecnically violated their parole without committing a new crime". In his case, he had failed a few drug tests earlier in the year (grr!) and was late on restitutions and wasn't attended his NA meeting regularly. (GRR!) It's more like a correction school then "prison" per se, but it sucks either way. Point is, if your loved one is paroled, make sure he sticks to those terms or you'll have to do this all over again. (either by him going back to prison or TVC)

I agree! :) The best thing to do for them is to make sure they stay true to the conditions of their release. Mine was put to minimal supervision and has to report every 3 months instead of monthly. He said they told him that if he does that a few times, then he'll go report once a year, then eventually, he won't have to report at all. Either way, I won't let him get too cocky about it because those PO's can sometimes find a reason to yank these guys back. Best thing to do is stay on their back and make sure they do what they have to do. They may see it as nagging, but I see it as making sure they stay with you.