View Full Version : Sister in Calcasieu Correctional

bunch2love
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
My sister is going to CCC in Lake Charles. Does anyone have any info about it? I am not sure what advice to give her. I have never been in and neither has she. I have a best friend in Fed Prison, he has given me some insight, but I am guessing it may be a little different since it is jail and she is female. Any info is appreciated.

SpunkyMonkey
05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Bunch2love...
My suggestion is to call the facility and ask for the visitation dept...here you can ask things like,
when are visits
for how long can we visit and how often?
Are they face to face or behind glass?
Can we bring money to buy snacks?
What is the dress restriction?

Then ask for the mail room...and ask things like..
can I send pics and how many/what size are the limits?
can books, cd's be sent from distributors like Amazon??, etc.
Can magazines be sent?

Then ask for the chaplain and ask them such things as programs, etc that are offered for your sister, ie, vocational classes, clubs, etc.

These are the things I would suggest. Just let them know you are new to all of this and are looking for all the necessary information.
Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

msdenagall
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I KNOW CCC ALL TO WELL, MY HUSBAND AND HIS COUSIN ARE THERE AND MY MOTHER-IN-LAW JUST GOT OUT. IT IS THE SAME AS A COUNTY JAIL. IT IS NOT ONE OF THE STATE FACILITIES. SO ACCESS IS LIMITED. THEY DO GET OCCASIONAL OUT SIDE TIME BUT OTHER THAN THAT..NOTHING. YOU CAN SEND PIC BUT NO MORE THAN 10 AT A TIME. i AM NOT SURE ABOUT BOOK OR MAGAZINES AND NO CD. THE VISITATION IS BEHIND THE GLASS UNLESS SHE BECOMES A TRUSTY. ONCE SHE GETS THERE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO FILL OUT A VISTATION LIST CHOOSING HER TIME AND DAY. SHE WILL HAVE TO CALL OR WRITE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU IF YOU CALL UP THERE. DRESS CODE IS USUAL (I.E. NOTHING INAPPROPRIATE). THE REGULAR VISITS ARE 30 MINS BUT IF A TRUSTY IT WILL BE 1 HOUR