View Full Version : ACI on Lockdown & Visitation cancelled (May 2-3)

Anna Sanborn
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
My son just called from ACI and it is in lockdown for the next 72 hours a big foght in rec yard and about 40 inmates were locked up and all visits are off this week end

ricoswifey
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
My son called and there will be a lockdown in ACI this is in Sneads Florida for 72 hours and no visits for this weekend. Fight in Rec yard about 40 inmates locked up

Oh wow, well at least your son is ok..If he doesn't call you for a few days, don't freak out because sometimes when they are on lockdown, they will shut the phones off. I remember when my hubby was there at ACI there was always fighting going on..That's actually why he got moved from there, back in May of last year they had a big riot on the rec yard and some officers got knocked up...Well they were accusing my hubby of possibly being involved in it which was impossible because he was on the phone with me...soo they ended up moving him to where he's at now which is Holmes...

carliecurtis
05-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Where is ACI? Which institution is that?

Kevs_mom19
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Is that east or west? My son is in the east unit.

ben's girl
05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Where is ACI? Which institution is that?

Apalachee CI in Sneads (panhandle)

pbandk
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Please, does anyone know whether or not it was east or west? My fiance is in east unit and I am terrified.

pbandk
05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I called ACI and they told me that no fight occurred. Would they lie?

ricoswifey
05-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I called ACI and they told me that no fight occurred. Would they lie?

Of course they'd lie..sad but true..Probably isn't what you wanted to hear but yea...My hubby is no longer there so can't say for sure...But when he was at ACI East and the riot occured, they also told me the same thing, that nothing happened. But of course I knew that was total BS because my hubby wrote me about it...and his friend that was there his girlfriend called me and told me about it too...I hope yours is ok though

pbandk
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks. I'd rather know the truth, you know? Even though I'm worried, I'm not freaking out. I know that he is smart and would avoid it. He is just trying to do his time and get out. He told me that a lot of the fighting and problems come from the younger guys coming in there. I don't know if that's true or even if it's his observation. Maybe that's what he's heard. Thanks for the info!

ricoswifey
05-09-2009, 03:32 AM
NO problem...as long as he keeps to himself, he should be fine. My huband said the same when he was there, alot of the younger guys got into stupid fights...but he said it wasn't even so much problems with the inmates, it was mostly the COs. Hopefully you will hear from him soon!

Anna Sanborn
05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
My computer has been having problems and I haven't been able to answer. Things are calm now there(ACI West unit Sneads) are still have control moving going to chow and other movement. Very hot in dorms. Hot water has been restored. Guess things are back to things as usually. I do wish they would do something about thte heat in the dorms. This is Florida and very hot. My son has until 12/26/09 and he will be free Like he said he won't be back. I am able to keep up with what goes on there as I get a call about 3 times a week.