View Full Version : I just got my designation

jayster
04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello PTO.. Man I have been waiting for my designation for a while now and I seems that I was given what I requested. I self surrender on May 8th to the Lompoc USP SCP..hmmm i am assuming thay USP indicates United States Prison, and SCP indicates satellite camp..can any one PLEASE help me confirm this? I am alittle excited in a bad way. I am happy that they gave what I requested vs. sending me to the middle of Texas while my family is here in Cali. I have heard soooo many horror stories about the BOP. I just want to get the next 87 months over with. Does anyone have any magic pills that would allow me to sleep for 7 yrs? lol:D

awynn1981
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
No magic pills, But good luck and be safe.

pink05
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
USP means United States Penitentiary. I thought it was spelled SPC (Satelitte Prison Camp)?

jayster
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I did a double take and looked at the letter again and it states Lompoc USP SCP.. I know that USP is the Medium and the camp is attached to it. Im getting together a ist of thing that I about to send myself right before I surrender. Beside the necessities do anyone have any suggestion on what is good reading material? Magazines and Books.

walkingtourist
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
What interests you? What sort of subject matter? I could come up with magazine and book suggestions if I had some idea of your interests.
Let me know!

I did a double take and looked at the letter again and it states Lompoc USP SCP.. I know that USP is the Medium and the camp is attached to it. Im getting together a ist of thing that I about to send myself right before I surrender. Beside the necessities do anyone have any suggestion on what is good reading material? Magazines and Books.

jayster
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
What is a good health and news magazine? or a good fiction book..

bellisq
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Glad to see you are in the chosen 75% who get what the judge asks for. I suggest you make an address sheet, addresses, tel nos and email addys. rather than a good fiction book, (assuming you were kidding) why not pick a topic you have always been interested in and haven't had time to explore? you could become an expert in something new and tell friends to send you books on that topic if they ask. you can get magazine and newspaper subscriptions. We'll miss you here, you have an amazing attitude.

jayster
04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Glad to see you are in the chosen 75% who get what the judge asks for. I suggest you make an address sheet, addresses, tel nos and email addys. rather than a good fiction book, (assuming you were kidding) why not pick a topic you have always been interested in and haven't had time to explore? you could become an expert in something new and tell friends to send you books on that topic if they ask. you can get magazine and newspaper subscriptions. We'll miss you here, you have an amazing attitude.

Thank You for all your support..That is a good ideal on finding a book on subjects that I havent had time to look into. I wanted to have magazines of news and technology because I had a dream that one day that I get out there will be flying cars, lol. Well right now there are Samsung TVs that are an inch and a half. What will the technology be like in 87 months?
Again to everyone on PTO who has been there for me during this time in my life I thank you. Great support, information and advice. I promise that when this is all over I will be right back on PTO helping others. I will leave my information before I surrender and if anyone needs info on how it is in Lompoc I would be honored to write to them. Much love to everyone

miracle11
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
jay,

Good Luck to you! Stay safe and healthy. Do the time, don't let it do you!

murphsmom
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Godspeed, jayster. My family got me subscriptions to mags and the Dallas newspaper which was cool..you want to see my new People? 2 laundry tokens or a candy bar..you see what I mean. You'll be amazed at how easy it really is to keep up with technology. You can't just run down to Best Buy for a while. My Time and Newsweek were good rags to have, too, for current events. Stay healthy. Don't borrow or loan. You know all the rest, you've been here a while. And of course, we'll write. Hey, I was IN the middle of Texas!! Other than being able to stand still and sweat, it wasn't too bad. Take care of yourself. Remember what a mind-f@#k prison is...get to be your best friend and establish your space early, then protect it. C-ya when we c-ya!!

ivecnub4
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
lompoc camp is a great place to do time if you have too.

walkingtourist
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
If you're interested in science and technology, how about:
Discover
Scientific American
And, as Murphsmom suggested, having a hometown newspaper sent to you would be a good idea and will be another way of keeping you connected with your community.
As for fiction, once you've got yourself settled in, how about having someone send you The Hobbit and all three books of The Lord of the Rings? That should keep you entertained for a while!:D
Have a good day!!!

pink05
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I've heard Wired is a good magazine to keep up to date with the latest technology.

jayster
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you for all your great suggestions.. I have so much time that I might get some of each subscription. What i think im going to miss the most except my loved ones is the internet..Man not being able to go online, checking email, PTO, gaming..

pink05
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, my friend who is currently serving a 63 month sentence but computers and the Internet was like his world before he went in. He has adjusted well to the life without computers. You will also adjust to the life without computers, just keep yourself busy and time will fly! Good luck. :)

Butch Cassidy
05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Some camps won't let you receive books unless they come directly from the publisher.:cool:

tolong
05-03-2009, 08:30 AM
My BF and I were in recovery before all this happened. Unfortunatley he had a major slip, and saw that he never got the part about building a relationship with a power greater than himself. So the last 3 yrs have been about spiritual growth..his is more from a scienific and mine is somewhat religious, it has made a major difference. So I buy used books on Amazon, send him 1 and 1 to myself, and it gives us something with substance to write and talk about. The time really is going by quickley when the focus is on personal growth rather than BOP or CO issues.