View Full Version : Halfway houses in Waco

thirteen down
04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Does amuone know of any hwhs in waco? He is going to have to go there before coming home.

GraysonMom
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I don't know if this will help much, but here is a link where members discuss various halfway houses and also TDCJ's website with listing of halfway houses. I would try contacting one of the other halfway houses and ask if there is any in Waco.Others should be along soon. I hope you find one close to your home and blessings as always.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318251&highlight=Clothes+halfway+house

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/parole/parole-directory/paroledir-halfway.htm

mlduncan
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I live in Waco and job related I have contacts with several people who could help you.
Is this a legally mandated halfway house, is it a drug/alcholal facilitity, homeless shelter? I think you said is way a male inmate. Correct. Does is involve a sex offender stautus? I will gather some information for you. I will am leaving tonight to visit my nephew in the Clemens Unit in Brazoria, but provide me more information, and I will work with you.
Michael

jamiefromtx
05-01-2009, 05:37 AM
There is the Freeman Center in Waco 254-753-3625. There is also the Salvation Army but I believe that the HWH there only housing federal parolees. Let me know if you have any other questions.

There is also a HWH called the House Where Jesus Shines that is run by the Church of the Open Door. I have heard great things about this HWH from it's church members. I will try to get more information from this church such as a pamphlet and could fax it to you if you would like.

For more information, please contact
Phone: 254-829-2100
Email: HWJS@opendoorwaco.org
Mail: 18320 Gholson Rd.
Waco, TX 76705

ReggiesLady
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Here are two others:

House Where Jesus Shines
18230 Ghoulson Rd
Waco 76705
254-829-2100
MEN ONLY; only 3 or 4 beds; $110 deposit; $110/wk; no SOs; no EM/SISP; no major medical/ mental; must be employable or have SSI; kitchen access w/some food available; AA/NA mandatory; not on bus line but facility helps with transport; 6 mos min, no max stay

Victory Gospel Spiritual
1009 N. 15th St
Waco 76707
254-235-5811
MEN ONLY; 15 beds in dorm; $0 deposit; $0 room and board; ; meal prep, cleaning,, laundry and other chores; no SOs; no EM/SISP; no major medical/ mental; 30-day in-house restriction; a program of prayer and counseling to help ex-I/’Ms “get their lives together” for up to 2 yrs; on bus line